Clicker Seminar

Hey, it will be fun to meet up. Sent cheque before leaving home a week ago.

Currently up at the Murray River and its anabranch (sp) training. Husband starving at home.

Gawd it is so hot up here. River is good for dogs. I swear my cellulite is melting.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I was told we can still bring them and practice at lunchtime :p

so maybe I'll bring all 3 with me :) I am a masochist aren't I

Oh does anyone know of any dog friendly accomodation around there?

Edited by Nekhbet

To my understanding there will be no character work based training at this seminar, it will be teaching the fundamentals of using the clicker to obtain precision in obedience and teaching tricks and basically communicating effectively with your dog.

And of course, everyone knows that obedience + precision heelwork + tricks all together = Dances with Dogs (Freestyle & Heework to Music) - Australia's newest dogsport (3rd link down) - ANKC Dances with Dogs Rules :thumbsup::party::love: :p :cheer: :wink: .

Hope you all have a fantastic weekend :thumbsup: .

Edited by MrsD

To my understanding there will be no character work based training at this seminar, it will be teaching the fundamentals of using the clicker to obtain precision in obedience and teaching tricks and basically communicating effectively with your dog.

And of course, everyone knows that obedience + precision heelwork + tricks all together = Dances with Dogs (Freestyle & Heework to Music) - Australia's newest dogsport (3rd link down) - ANKC Dances with Dogs Rules :thumbsup::party::) :p :cheer: :wink: .

Hope you all have a fantastic weekend :thumbsup: .

:love: Well I have said I think my Rottweiler will be good at Doggy Dancing :)

Who knows what the future holds after this seminar :)

Erny,

Do you think you will be bringing Mandela to the seminar at this stage?

Hope he is feeling better now, would be great to see him there :coffee:

Yes - I think I will be, now that I've changed his EP formula he's doing much better. Mind you ..... he's a larrikin around other dogs (to the point of being obnoxious :vomit:) and the health and development issues we've been working through have somewhat delayed training, so I'll probably come incognito :vomit:. One thing I want to check on though - my understanding was that Uta would be working with the clicker combining it with drive training. Reading here more recently, it seems as though the clicker is being used to simply refine obedience training that is already there, not necessarily having 'drive' as a training component at all? :vomit:.

Edited by Erny

erny bring Mandela ... put him up next to mine and he will be the shining beacon of obedience :) want me to bring a sleeve :rofl: people can have a go if they like :laugh:

Diesel's being a right turd today so he's spending time out in the car while we're visiting mum *sigh* what did I do to deserve a rottie :rofl:

p.s. if you want delayed training wait till you see the rotty. His tricks extend to sit and drop ... only because everything else includes movements that one of his dodgy legs seems to hinder. poor bugger has trouble play bowing and tug of war let alone anything else :rofl: He only started walking like a proper dog again a few months ago

Edited by Nekhbet

erny bring Mandela ... put him up next to mine and he will be the shining beacon of obedience :rofl: want me to bring a sleeve :laugh: people can have a go if they like :rofl:

You might be surprised, Nek. Think I might hide Mandela behind Diesel :):laugh:.

Diesel's being a right turd today so he's spending time out in the car while we're visiting mum *sigh* what did I do to deserve a rottie :cool:

Yeah well, after this seminar all you'll need to do is *click* and it'll all be good :).

Erny I honestly don't know the answer to that question.

Might be worth contacting the secretary to find out though and then reporting back here,

we will all be wanting to know the answer to that now :rofl:

Great to hear that Mandela is on the improve!!

I look forward to seeing him again :rofl:

I Love when other people have energetic dogs who find other things more exciting than the commands their owners give them :laugh:

Makes me feel much better about my darling fruit loop :)

Erny I honestly don't know the answer to that question.

Might be worth contacting the secretary to find out though and then reporting back here,

we will all be wanting to know the answer to that now :rofl:

Oh ..... well I'll be there in any case so I might just leave it up to 'surprise' :cool:.

I look forward to seeing him again :rofl:

:) .... you might change your mind.

I Love when other people have energetic dogs who find other things more exciting than the commands their owners give them :laugh:

Makes me feel much better about my darling fruit loop :laugh:

I'm sure there's a lot of people there whom I'm gonna make feel better :).