Bloat

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fern's breeder was here today checking out the pups and she had one of he greyhounds bloat last Sunday. The bitch had the op and came home ( vet wanted to send her to a 24 hr facility but Kris didn't ) and Kris said she has bounced back remarkably well in just a week. Fingers crossed Millie does the same.

Glad to hear Millie came through the op okay.

Was it Animal Clinic that is caring for Millie? If so, John is superb and he quite often stays the night with critical animals. he did that a few times for us with our Collies.

When the bushfires were down in the Valley they had John on the news treating the injured Wildlife and "Phoebe" sat in front of the TV and kept looking to me as if to say "there is Uncle John". Who says dogs can't make out things hey

Keep fighting Miss Millie. You are in my daily prayers girl, as is your Mum and Nikki

Millie is at Hoyle Street Coleen, we have been seeing Kate & Amanda for as long as I can remember. The vet looking after her is actually only new to the hospital. I love him already :rofl:

He is going to call again tonight to let us know how she is going.

Just a quick update, she is still doing well.

The vet has said she may come home today, as long as she is still improving. Mum has taken the next two weeks off work to be home with her and I am now runnng the Wei Obedience Trial on Saturday by myself :rofl: as mum will stay at home with her.

Thanks everyone for the well wishes, I'm hoping the worst is over and she will begin recovering more at home

:rofl: Millie has to go back under again.

She has a lump under the stitches and it has bruised quite badly, they think the internal stitches on the wall have burst :) Won't know anymore for a while as they can't operate as she had breakfast this morning. I'm at work, mum just rang with the news, she is sounding so depressed at the moment.

I too just saw this thread and felt sick at the thought (we lost a wei to this) Sounds like you were very lucky your mum was savvy.Sending you best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Oh no, Weisnjac, more best wishes and hugs to Millie. :champagne:

I'll be at the Wei trial this Saturday, so if you need a hand with anything, just sing out. PM me if you like.

Michele (with the hairy Wei's)

Ah, now I know who you are :birthday: Thanks for the offer, I'll yell out if I need anything.

Oh no, Weisnjac, more best wishes and hugs to Millie. :champagne:

I'll be at the Wei trial this Saturday, so if you need a hand with anything, just sing out. PM me if you like.

Michele (with the hairy Wei's)

Ah, now I know who you are :birthday: Thanks for the offer, I'll yell out if I need anything.

Not a problem, very happy to help out. I really am sorry to hear about Millie. I know she is your mum's special girl.

This is every Wei's owners nightmare....