lea

• Replies 575
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Some good work since I last look.

tlc thanks for filling me in on your breeds. I really had no idea. :thumbsup: They are all very cute.

TerraNik agree with iltby on the DOF with the book. :thumbsup:

Todays was Roc and mine last photo. We did not make it to 30 days but for two reason I am finishing it. Firstly, Roc has been so patient through all of this and I can see him tiring of it. I dont want to make him unhappy forcing him to be in photo situations. Plus I prefer to be behind a camera not infront. We might still do a few now and again. But not everyday. :rofl:

Our last...

3436703753_fe1abd1b6c.jpg

Today I got some "in the moment".

Time out for Ralph and sister.

3436449173_8cc23d142a_o.jpg

Asleep. This guy was sleeping in the toilet doorway at the gardens. He had a smile on his face that was so captivating due to his situation. I did ask him if I could take his photo. He just shrugged, nodded and went back to sleep.

3437255842_89bc9150c7_o.jpg

Edited by Rocco1

Trish, the Flickr editing program, Picnick, is pretty good too - upload something and check it out! My mum uses Gimp at the moment...it seems alright but it's nothing compared to PS :thumbsup:

Josie I think I'll have to get you to give me some lessons. I take, if I say so myself, quite decent photos with a point and shoot camera, but I would love a better idea on how to navigate through those programs. Probably doesn't help that I don't get a lot of fiddling time as I have to fight everyone else for computer time.

What exactly what would you like to know? Using Flickr's program is very easy, here's a bit of a step by step guide on how to-

Go to your photostream and choose a photo-

Picture1-4.jpg

Once you've selected one, click on it and look for 'edit photo', which will be just above the image-

Picture2-2.jpg

Click on that and it will take you to Picnick...it may take a little while to load-

Picture3-1.jpg

Once it's loaded, you'll see this page in front of you-

Picture4-1.jpg

After that, it's pretty much just a matter of experimenting :( Check out all the options- crop, rotate, resize, exposure, etc, and play around. Also click on the create tab and see what that has to offer...it allows you to add various filters and effects and also text :rofl: -

Picture5-1.jpg

--

In regards to programs like Gimp or Photoshop, it's really just a matter of experimenting...you can just start out by playing with contrast, brightness, levels, curves, etc, and then see what the filters have to offer. See how various effects look when they're put together, etc. If you want help on learning the basic tools, here are some great Gimp tutorials, and the link for downloading Gimp-

http://www.gimp.org/downloads/

http://www.gimp.org/tutorials/

Edited by iltby

How do I upload from Flickr? I've fiddled a little with the exposure - what do you think? Be as cruel as necessary :rofl:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/trisven13/3436935985/

:( Thanks a million for the links Josie. I will have a fiddle with some of my photos and start uploading a few more to Flickr rather than Photobucket.

Edited by Trisven13

Tlc, I would be asking ILTBY about the watermark, as I have no idea how to do it, have never tried. :rofl:

TerraNik loving your photos, the one with the medicine being pored in, make me quiver :eat: I hate medicine, and cannot drink it. :rofl:

Rocco, beautiful photos!! love the man asleep in the doorway, it is sadly beautiful. :hug:

Love_Asd, great to see you using PP!!! :(

How do I upload from Flickr? I've fiddled a little with the exposure - what do you think? Be as cruel as necessary :rofl:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/trisven13/3436935985/

:( Thanks a million for the links Josie. I will have a fiddle with some of my photos and start uploading a few more to Flickr rather than Photobucket.

No worries!

To add photos from Flickr, just go to the photo's page, and find 'all sizes' above the image. Click on that and choose the size you'd like...I tend to use medium when I'm uploading things to DOL. Once you've done that, scroll to the bottom of the page and find '2. Grab the photo's URL'. Then just copy that, paste it into your post and add image codes around it - [IMG] [/IMG]

Oh, ETA: The photo looks great...it's a little noisy but I don't think that's anything to worry about. I'd personally try boosting the contrast, though :rofl: The exposure is perfect as far as I can tell.

Edited by iltby

it's a little noisy

Off to fiddle with contrast but what do you mean by "noisy"? :rofl: I know you know me a little but I have a very thick skin and like constructive criticism :(

Hehe, okay. Noise is the slight grain you can see in the shadows of that shot, it's generally caused by a high ISO. Though, I've just looked at the photo again and it's barely noticeable, it wasn't really worth mentioning :eat:

ETA: Yeah, I much prefer that :rofl: The colours are a bit more vibrant now.

Edited by iltby

Great shots guys, Rocco, love your last shot although I am dissapointed that it is your last shot with roc, I can understand why!! Love the one of the little dude!!

Love ASD, how did you do that colorful shot of your little girl and to ask a silly question what is PP???? Love your sunsets too!!

Darien love the kooKas!!

TN, those medicine shots remind me of when I was a kid! great shots.

Great shots guys, Rocco, love your last shot although I am dissapointed that it is your last shot with roc, I can understand why!! Love the one of the little dude!!

Love ASD, how did you do that colorful shot of your little girl and to ask a silly question what is PP???? Love your sunsets too!!

Darien love the kooKas!!

TN, those medicine shots remind me of when I was a kid! great shots.

I used the neon glow effect, brush stroke & something else, I was just mocking around on Paint Shop Pro, I used to pass heaps of time, playing with photos but not anymore, once the holidays are over I'll get back into it :(

Edited by Love_ASD

Hi Guys, here is mine for today, i couldnt choose just one so once again there is a couple or 4... :(

the first one is

"Miss I don't care, Mr & Mr we dont like the flash, and Miss Ill do anything for food" :rofl:

DSC_0012effect-1.jpg

I used the filter section again and it was under artist and poster edges.

this one is

"hurry up were hungry and we want our tea!!"

DSC_0022-1-1.jpg

"Cooper Jay"

DSC_0017edit-1.jpg

"Lacy Jayd...aka the Princess"

DSC_0026effect-1.jpg

Edited by tlc