Show Ring F A Q

Keshwar

Kind of a question to do with just being the general public going to a show. Is it okay for people to just walk around and have a look at the dogs etc, or does this annoy show people? Is it okay to just stand somewhere and watch what's happening?

I've been to a couple of shows, kind of just walked around looking, seeing what it was like. But I just thought about it and do you find it weird? Or you're just used to it and it's normal? Not sure if this is in the right section, sorry if it's not.

It's fine to go watch a show. :eek:

If you want to talk to breeders/exhibitors that's fine but make sure they are not just about to go in the ring.

You can usually tell when someone is about to go in the ring by the mad flurry of activity in their Gazebo. :thumbsup:

• Replies 588
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

G'day,

Im hoping someone might be able to help.

I am a newbie...about to enter our first show.

Im trying to use Show Manager and I have it all figured out except for one thing.

We have a dual membership for our puppy so how or what do I put into the "name of registered owner"?

When editing "my details" it has a box for the surname and one for the given name but not for two (dual membership).

Should I for eg put into the Surname box - "Mr A Smith &" and then in the Given name box put "Ms A Smith" so that it combines both on the entry form to print out? (our CCC(Q) t/a Dogs Queensland reads for eg, "Mr A Smith & Ms A Smith")

From my understanding, the details entered need to be exactly the same as those found on the membership card/registration papers.

Does all that even make sense?

Finally, while im here...

Im entering my puppy (beagle 4 months) into Class 1(a). Is this correct? And also Baby Puppy Sweepstakes.

I still am a little confused over the classes and groups etc.

Thanks for any help....its highly appreciated.

G'day,

Im hoping someone might be able to help.

I am a newbie...about to enter our first show.

Im trying to use Show Manager and I have it all figured out except for one thing.

We have a dual membership for our puppy so how or what do I put into the "name of registered owner"?

When editing "my details" it has a box for the surname and one for the given name but not for two (dual membership).

Should I for eg put into the Surname box - "Mr A Smith &" and then in the Given name box put "Ms A Smith" so that it combines both on the entry form to print out? (our CCC(Q) t/a Dogs Queensland reads for eg, "Mr A Smith & Ms A Smith")

From my understanding, the details entered need to be exactly the same as those found on the membership card/registration papers.

Does all that even make sense?

Finally, while im here...

Im entering my puppy (beagle 4 months) into Class 1(a). Is this correct? And also Baby Puppy Sweepstakes.

I still am a little confused over the classes and groups etc.

Thanks for any help....its highly appreciated.

If you've got the same surname, then you could just put in Mr A & Ms A in the Given name box and that will print out as Mr & Ms A Smith on the entry form.

If you'd rather have the surname listed twice, then yes, you put one in the Surname box and the other in the Given name box.

For example, my Kelpie has my name in the surname box (Mrs LM Ford) and her breeder in the Given name box (Ms T Hudson/ ) - note the slash after her name....it prints out Ms T Hudson/Mrs LM Ford on the entry form.

For group, your Beagle is ALWAYS in Group 4 - Hounds.

The class is what changes, usually do to age and/or location. Babies aged 3 - 6 months go in Baby Puppy and if it is a bitch, then yes she would be in class 1a (Baby Puppy bitch). You can put her into Baby Puppy Sweepstakes if you want to. But just remember that whilst a regular class in the show IS compulsory, you don't HAVE to enter Sweepstakes which are optional.

Thanks for that Ellz...

I was sorta on the same page but just couldnt help but wonder...you have helped clear that up for me so thanks again!

We do have different surnames so Ive entered such into the boxes and it shows correctly so thats good to know.

Entries to our first show were sent off today so exciting!

We got a month to keep working on stacking etc and weekly show training!! So far so good unless theres distraction which is going to prove challenging in the ring but shes in baby puppy so shes allowed to be a little naughty. Her one and only chance in Baby puppy before she moves up a class.

• 2 weeks later...
eta link for Entry forms Australia

I can't seem to work this link :) I really need to download some entry forms asap. Can anyone help me?

Any reason you couldn't sign up for Show Manager and fill your entry forms in there? I use it and love it. Makes entering shows SOOOOOOO much quicker and easier. To be honest, if it weren't for that website, I probably wouldn't enter any shows because I can't be arsed filling in entry forms by hand! :thumbsup:

Can someone tell me what RBCC means? Is there a good place to find out what all the acronyms mean?

DCC = Dog Challenge Certificate

RDCC = Reserve Dog Challenge Certificate

BCC = Bitch Challenge Certificate

RBCC = Reserve Bitch Challenge Certificate

BOB = Best of Breed

RUBOB = Runner Up Best of Breed

BIG = Best in Group

RUBIG = Runner Up Best in Group

BIS = Best in Show

RUBIS = Runner Up Best in Show

BISS = Best in Specialty Show

RUBISS = Runner Up Best in Specialty Show

Can someone tell me what RBCC means? Is there a good place to find out what all the acronyms mean?

DCC = Dog Challenge Certificate

RDCC = Reserve Dog Challenge Certificate

BCC = Bitch Challenge Certificate

RBCC = Reserve Bitch Challenge Certificate

BOB = Best of Breed

RUBOB = Runner Up Best of Breed

BIG = Best in Group

RUBIG = Runner Up Best in Group

BIS = Best in Show

RUBIS = Runner Up Best in Show

BISS = Best in Specialty Show

RUBISS = Runner Up Best in Specialty Show

thanks

• 3 weeks later...

Okay, I have a question which may seem odd. I apologise in advance :)

I am looking at entering a Champ show next year, where there is an open show, in the adjacent ring, starting at a similiar time. Is it set up this way for people to enter both shows?

I don't want to hold up proceedings, but would love to enter the open show, as I have heard this is great for up and coming judges? Do people enter both with the same dog?

Sorry if it's a dumb question!!

Hi Bullylova!! The only dumb question is the question that is not asked :laugh:

Usually when clubs run an open and a champ show at the same time, it is so that people to enter both if they want to. If it's a group show (for example, a gundog club show/working dog club show/terrier club show etc) they might start the breeds at different times (so the might start with alphabetical in one show and reverse alphabetical in the other) so that it doesn't clash. if it does somehow clash, the open show will stop for the champ show, so you will not miss out if you enter both. sometimes, the Open show will start later or earlier than the champ show, again so it doesn't clash. If you check the schedule, it will say the start times, or tell you the order of the breeds.

I hope that this helps!

Thankyou SparkyTansy :):cry: I have not entered an open show before(they always seem to start when I would still be at work :cry: ) but would love to enter! This means I can - which is fab :) ;) Thanks so much for your help!!! One of the schedules does have an earlier start time, so I know why now :):cry:

• 2 weeks later...

Another question if I may.......and also a show manager related one..

After the success of our first show this month, we want to enter another in January. Its one that runs over two days allowing camping at $8 a night. One show is on Saturday 4pm+ the other on Sunday 8am+. Catalogue $3.

To confirm, I would enter an entry form in for each show, each day...so 1 entry form for 2(a) and 1 entry forms for Puppy SS for the one day and 1 entry form for 2(a) and 1 entry form for Puppy SS for the second day....totalling 4 entry forms?

Also, the schedule says Catalogue is $3.

Is this 3 dollars total or do I need to pay for 2...1 for each day? (or will it be the same catalogue for each day)

Finally, we want to camp due to the distance from home and the fact theres 2 days/whole weekend. It says $8 a night.

Logically, we would want one night, the Saturday night so that we could relax after that days events and be there ready to go for Sundays.

However it made me wonder....would people be camping the Friday night in prep for the first show on Saturday 4pm onwards?

How does camping at shows work exactly? Do you get a camping slot you must use or is it much like first in best dressed like with the Gazebos?

(as we have an inner tent insert for our gazebo and would no doubt zip ourselves into that for the evening...would sorta suck if we had to move gazebo to a

designated camping area). I understand that camping conditions etc would no doubt differ in each location but if anyone could pass on some basic and general

show camping experiences etc that would be fantastic! Tips etc.

Also, how does one list this camping cost onto the show manager entry forms? Under sundries?

Thanks in advance for any and all advise etc offered!

Another question if I may.......and also a show manager related one..

After the success of our first show this month, we want to enter another in January. Its one that runs over two days allowing camping at $8 a night. One show is on Saturday 4pm+ the other on Sunday 8am+. Catalogue $3.

To confirm, I would enter an entry form in for each show, each day...so 1 entry form for 2(a) and 1 entry forms for Puppy SS for the one day and 1 entry form for 2(a) and 1 entry form for Puppy SS for the second day....totalling 4 entry forms?

Also, the schedule says Catalogue is $3.

Is this 3 dollars total or do I need to pay for 2...1 for each day? (or will it be the same catalogue for each day)

Finally, we want to camp due to the distance from home and the fact theres 2 days/whole weekend. It says $8 a night.

Logically, we would want one night, the Saturday night so that we could relax after that days events and be there ready to go for Sundays.

However it made me wonder....would people be camping the Friday night in prep for the first show on Saturday 4pm onwards?

How does camping at shows work exactly? Do you get a camping slot you must use or is it much like first in best dressed like with the Gazebos?

(as we have an inner tent insert for our gazebo and would no doubt zip ourselves into that for the evening...would sorta suck if we had to move gazebo to a

designated camping area). I understand that camping conditions etc would no doubt differ in each location but if anyone could pass on some basic and general

show camping experiences etc that would be fantastic! Tips etc.

Also, how does one list this camping cost onto the show manager entry forms? Under sundries?

Thanks in advance for any and all advise etc offered!

Yup 4 entries - 2 for each day and 2 catalogues - 1 for each show/day. :laugh:

Can't answer the camping question as I don't do camping. :)

Edited by Keshwar

• 1 month later...

I was hoping someone could help me out with answering a quick question about neutered classes at shows. I thought that you had to be on the main register to be in a show either neutered class or normal class but I read this which seems to imply thats as long as the dog is desexed they can enter the neutered show class.

All dogs on the limited register are restricted to sporting events only OR if neutered to sporting events and neutered show classes.

Quote from here

• 2 weeks later...

Its been ages (eeek! like a decade) since I showed a couple of adult SBT's and I'm planning on showing my new ACD pup.

I have filled out what seems like a zillion agility entry forms so all that I'm ok with, but what is expected in the baby puppy class? Behaviour and training wise? A friend did well with her baby Chow and she just went in the ring and followed the crowd. Zero preparation at home with training etc (he was leash trained, that was about it)

Is it really that relaxed?

• Troy unpinned this topic