They're Here!

leopuppy04

• Replies 866
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ROFL Jules - I've been sleeping on the couch since last Sunday night :o

Not sure if I'm ready to go back to my own bed yet or not :p

Ness - maybe the merles didn't want to mix with the blacks while they are still looking like BC's :p :shrug:

Edited by leopuppy04

Congrats!!!! Love the photo of proud mummy with her babies!!! You certainly had a baptism of fire for your intro to the beeding world!

oh and I'll have Blue girl 1 thanks :p :shrug: I'll have an Aussie one day - met some gorgeous ones that were part of a kid's farm thing and they were just lovely. Leo has always been my fave tho :o

Congratulations LP on the gorgeous, gorgeous pups!

I just got home from a local dog show and had the opportunity to have cuddles with some aussie shepards, first aussie experience! great dogs, I've fallen for the blue merle :shrug:

Congrats!!!! Love the photo of proud mummy with her babies!!! You certainly had a baptism of fire for your intro to the beeding world!

oh and I'll have Blue girl 1 thanks :rofl::shrug: I'll have an Aussie one day - met some gorgeous ones that were part of a kid's farm thing and they were just lovely. Leo has always been my fave tho :p

Nawww - leo thanks you :eek:. Poor little guy is feeling a little 'less than loved' over the past 3 days :rofl:. Took him out to the Farmers market today just on his own, and he thought that was the best thing since sliced bread :o :p

Tell me about it :laugh: a little disappointed we didn't get a 'proper' whelping, but the main thing is that they are here safe and sound, and hopefully this was a once off for miss K, and if we go a next time she behaves :laugh:

Had to share this.

3 days after popping out bubs and having major surgery, we are back to ball chasing, playing with Leo and sentry duty along the fenceline :shrug: a little harder to keep her 'quiet' now as *she* knows her babies are happy and full and therefore she wants to have fun :laugh:. It's great to know that she's also looking after herself too.

I'm just amazed at how healthy her coat is at the moment. I switched her food a few months before she came into season, and since we did, her coat has just improved out of sight! coincidence or not, I'm loving it :o

had to post these coz it won't be long before we won't have much to share :p. this was taken after a big gallop around the yard, and she was more interested in getting back to that as opposed to having her pics snapped :p. Once again - ignore the poor stacking :laugh:

Kinta25yrs004edit.jpg

Kinta25yrs011edit.jpg

kinta25yrsedit.jpg

She looks fabulous, she certainly doesn't look like a mum of 6!

What food do you have her on? I switched my two to Uncle Albers due to financial constraints, and Benson's flaky, itchy skin cleared up, his coat looks a million bucks and Dusty's new coat is coming through thick, silky, soft and gorgeous.

Gayle - switched her on to about 70-80% raw food and Artemis dry food -so I upped the raw and changed the dry brand. Even Leo's coat is looking stunning at the moment too and he has also grown heaps of coat. am very impressed :shrug:

Mine get about 80% raw as well, probably more. They have 14 meals a week, 7 of them are a chicken drumstick (standard breakfast fare) 5 or 6 are raw mince mix/lamb offcuts/chicken frames, wings, necks or thighs and one or two are kibble, always served with sardines. I'm not convinced the kibble makes THAT much of a difference, but there's no escaping the fact that Benson now has the nicest coat he's ever had, plus the healthiest looking skin.

LP. Congratulations on the safe arrival. =] they are all looking really healthy and Kinta is just glowing as a mother. Looks like she was meant for it. Tough break on the "less then perfect' whelping, but for her first time; and yours too, you both did excellent.

I am already looking forward to the photo updates and the stories about all their firsts and how Leo takes to them, I'm sure they'll all be wonderful examples of the breed and you'll have the best fun coming up with six names for the first and original Pawsitive Australian Shepherds. (Gosh that prefix looks good in writing).

All the best for the next 8 weeks-ish and sending the aussies lots of love. =]

Especially Leo. :shrug:

LOL - thanks Bonnie :o

the litter will have a theme to signify the 'first' litter for all accounts - a first little for 'pawsitive' a first for me and a first for Kinta :p

It seemed fitting :p

I have waaay too many photos so I thought I'll give everyone a break :laugh::shrug:

LOL - thanks Bonnie :o

the litter will have a theme to signify the 'first' litter for all accounts - a first little for 'pawsitive' a first for me and a first for Kinta :p

It seemed fitting :p

I have waaay too many photos so I thought I'll give everyone a break :laugh::shrug:

thats good about the theme. =]

as for the pics!? No way; keep em coming - this is the thread all about them =]

Do you have a favourite today?

=]

Keep 'em coming LP. Kinta looks fabulous, her coat looks glorious. Koori's dropping all hers like snowfall. How about a few of Leo too? Are both the merles NBTs? Such lovely puppies I can't wait to see what they look like in a few weeks.

haha - yup - both BM and one BT girl were NBT. The boy and 2 of the girl BT are full tails :mad

Ok - here are some I took of Leo at the farmers market today (see I'm SO easy to get photos out of :eek: )

See *I'm* the KING and so much better than puppies

kingofthecastle.jpg

Not the best exposure, but just look at that face!

leo_farmersmarket.jpg

Mum you still love me..... don't you?!

whataboutme.jpg