Home Alone "hanging Ball" Toy Or Bungie Chook ?

Hi all

I want to get my 1 year old staffy a "hanging" toy that he can use when we're not at home and these 2 products both sound great. But I'm not sure which one to get?

The Hanging Ball is good because you can put food in it, but you can't with the Bungie Chook. But apparently the chook is quite popular with the dog community out there!

Has anyone used either of those, or both even? I'm really stuck for which one to buy. And each one costs about $100 so I don't want to get the wrong one!! :vomit:

Thanks!!

mooks

Mooki,

We had this same dilemma a year ago.... I went with the heavy duty bungee chook as i read that some dogs didnt like the home alone and were uninterested as they couldnt get the food out.

I hung the chook from the carport and she didnt seem to use it much.... until... I finally took it off the bungee thing and she LOVES it.. She thrashes it all around the yard and it is still in one piece...We also hung bits of food on it so it doubled as a home alone thing.

I would prob try the bungee one and see how you go but you dog may like it on its own if that doesnt work.... good luck!

We have the Home Alone. Shiva was really into it when she was younger (check out

) and she got lots of use out of it. We still hear her play with it occasionally, but not so much. She seems to enjoy it more for the tugging action (rather than the treats) so I think that the Bungee Chook may have been better. The Home Alone has a marble in it which actually makes quite a loud noise so keep that in mind if you have a dog that likes to tug at 6am! :laugh: Edited by nanna

• 2 weeks later...

Ooo this is exciting, my first post... :mad

If anybody has a second hand bungee chook and/or the home alone of a size suitable for an approx 20 kg Belgian Shepherd please pm me! As with other people, I'd buy it new if I was certain that my lovely girl would use it.

The cheapest I've found for them new so far is at www.ozpetshop.com.au - has anyone found cheaper?

Cheers!

We have the aussie home alone toy. Henschke loves it. We 'tuck' a treat into the 'handle' and he has a hard time getting that out. He's very food focused so he loves to bounce it to get the food out.

Ooo this is exciting, my first post... :)

If anybody has a second hand bungee chook and/or the home alone of a size suitable for an approx 20 kg Belgian Shepherd please pm me! As with other people, I'd buy it new if I was certain that my lovely girl would use it.

The cheapest I've found for them new so far is at www.ozpetshop.com.au - has anyone found cheaper?

Cheers!

They have a guarantee on them if your dog does not play with them and Joe is great to deal with if you ever have any problems with any of his products.

Jazz's favourite toys are all Ausie Dog toys - her enduro ball which is locked away and only used under supervision because she goes so mental for it and is so vocal playing with it that I more likely to get neighbour complaints if she has it out, lol. Her frisbee - we nick name it her dummy as she will walk around the house with it hanging out of her mouth and also the turbo chook. Our Turbo chook is 5 years old and used to be Piper's favourite. Over the years it has had 4 different border collies play with it but Jazz gives it a daily beating, given it was already several years old when we got her we were amazed it survived her puppy months but it did and she still plays with it every morning and evening, some evenings involve tug games between her and Piper. It looks daggy but but it is still in 1 piece.

I can't speak highly enough of the Aussie Dog toys and also Joe's service.

Ooo this is exciting, my first post... :thumbsup:

Cheers!

You can buy mine! Just send me a PM if interested.

My dog is very food focussed so the Home Alone is really good for her. We made a few adjustments though because she couldn't get around the "tug" part of it so we lowered it and she stands on her hind legs to hit the ball with her front paws and we also turned our ball upside down so the hole was facing to the ground and it was easier to get the treats out.

We don't leave it down all the time so when we do put it down she is really happy to use it.