R I P Old Monty Cat

persephone

Tonight we sent our dear old boy over the bridge. :)

he was about 15... had thyroid probs recently.. and deteriorated rapidly the past week.. to where he was a walking skeleton.

Still happy, until today.....so we decided to send him on his way.

It will be very quiet without him....he was always demanding food, or a pat, or to go out, or to come in.... and would not let up!!

A perfect cat with pups, little kids, visitors..( he ,only last week, hopped in someone's car..)

His full name was Montgomery ...

"night, Monty"

Last photo- a couple of weeks ago :) Typical...

post-1359-1242642579_thumb.jpg

It's very quiet here.... he usually has been in & out about 4 times by now...looking for food or a warm spot.....

My brother taught him to lift a paw for a pat... and he'd lift the opposite one when we said "The other one" :thumbsup:

He could also open the fly screen door if it wasn't on the latch.. hook the paw around and pull!

It's very quiet here.... he usually has been in & out about 4 times by now...looking for food or a warm spot.....

My brother taught him to lift a paw for a pat... and he'd lift the opposite one when we said "The other one" :rofl:

He could also open the fly screen door if it wasn't on the latch.. hook the paw around and pull!

I understand about the quietness. The ones with the big outgoing personalities leave a big silent space when they leave this earth. He has left some great memories for you from his time here. He sounds like he had a really happy life and was very appreciated and loved. :rofl: And a really clever boy.

He was with you for a long time, so it would take along while to get used to not having him with you.

persephone :):rofl: to you.

:wave: Monty. Run free.

Its the ones with purrsonality who are hard to loose.

My wee hobbit Bilbo Baggins was one of those. Did not realize how he controlled the neighbourhood until he went and many cat fights ensured with the mob until the new Hierarchy was sorted.