Testing Dry Kibbles

How do people experiment with dry dog kibbles. I want to try my pup on artemis because it has really good reviews but unsure how he would react to it. The smallest bag available is 6+ kg and I don't want to see it to waste if thats not the food for him

Feeding dogs is trial and error.

Your pup may love the food you give it but the pup may not do well on it. Then it's off to try something else.

But not before you mix some of the old food with some of the new. You just can't take one food away and give another. The compositions of the food could be vastly different and upset the pups stomach and your in for a big belly ache.

Follow the breeders directions and should you want to introduce a new food do it slowly.

Sometimes it can take a whole bag and more to find out whats happening. With the exception that if upsets the pup straight away take the pup off it.

Sometimes some dogs show no reaction till about the third big bag of food. Some can react violently with one meal.

Good luck.

Just to let you know the smallest bag of Artemis is 1.8kg, so that gives you a chance to give your pet enough meals to get an idea of the food.

As has been stated, Artemis samples are available and either Katz K9 Kitchen or stockists will be able to help you with that.

Yes, it does have a palatability guarantee.

Hope this helps.

Sags

Just to let you know the smallest bag of Artemis is 1.8kg, so that gives you a chance to give your pet enough meals to get an idea of the food.

As has been stated, Artemis samples are available and either Katz K9 Kitchen or stockists will be able to help you with that.

Yes, it does have a palatability guarantee.

Hope this helps.

Sags

Thanks. Thats good to know. I think it depends on the online store. A couple of stores I enquired with does not offer the guarantee. Shipping is going to cost and arm and a leg with K9 for me because they are in melbourne and I'm in sydney.. The weight of a bag of dog food is not light!

Can I really recommend you contact Judith at Katz K9 Kitchen - she and John are the importers of Artemis so she will know the best, more cost efficient way for you to try the product and then buy it going forward if you choose to.

:wave:

Sags

PS You can go via the www.artemispetfood.com.au site.

I just did a dummy run and shipping for a 6.8kg is $10 through K9 Kitchen so definitely cheaper to order from Pookinuk who only charge $5 shipping. Product price through both places is pretty comparable - less than $1 difference.

How do people experiment with dry dog kibbles. I want to try my pup on artemis because it has really good reviews but unsure how he would react to it. The smallest bag available is 6+ kg and I don't want to see it to waste if thats not the food for him

By sheer coincidence, I saw that at DOLer has Artemis products in her signature. Check out 4 Paws, Pawzazz Petz, she may be able to source smaller packs for you.