Meeting A Breeder- Gilbert Is Home!

Cosmolo

Guest Clover
:laugh: Hi Gilbert. He is growing into a handsome man Cosmolo. That is wonderful that you are so happy with your breeder :laugh:.

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gilbert is so handsome! I just love the scruffy face.

Edit - I don't think I have ever met a purebreed JRT and something tells me I may be suprised at their size... they seem larger than I expected. Perhaps because I am used to seeing Mini Foxie x JRT?? I'll have to look at some DOL profiles, it could be just my imagination.

Ok, am looking through some now. The height was as I expected, but they are more solid than I expected (not in a fat way!) And when you don't see them beside a human, they give the impression of a bigger dog. They are a very handsome breed.

Edited by Emm

Funny you should say that Emm- we were just talking about how small he is. :D He weighs almost 6kg so with our other dogs from 20-40kg, he seems so little!

Yes he is still super confident- he decided the other day it would be a good idea to body slam Cosmo (our top bitch) from the arm of the couch- he quite literally suspends himself in the air before landing. Needless to say Cosmo let him know that that was not acceptable behaviour! He also manages to roll Dexter (who is nearly 40kg) onto his back and 'pin'him- hilarious really!

His training is going well- he has a great recall and loves shaping. He is probably already middle of the pack as far as his reliability goes- he is very very intelligent.

:D It's probably just me. I have a weird perception of things sometimes. Everytime I meet a breed in the flesh, it's either much bigger or much smaller (usually bigger though) than I expected. Even when I take out the tape measurement and read the standard.

Ahhhhh Gilbert!! Changed my opinion of Jack Russell's forever when I met him a couple of months ago!! He is looking just gorgeous as usual!

Not long after that workshop I had a little Jack come in for training that reminded me of gilbert! Same gorgeous personality but thick as a brick unlike your boy! ahha

I must say Melz- he has done that for quite a few people. Although sometimes we still get people warning us about what an evil monster he will turn into. Why? Because he is a JRT :)

It's not possible! That bundle of cute won't turn into an evil monster :laugh: I do look at him and think gee he's tiny though!

Really weisnjac!!!?? Which half? Mum or Dad? I think it is very dangerous for me to see JRT puppies- i would find it hard not to tuck one under my jumper!!

Is Gilbert's dad Cracker? If he is, I used him over my smooth girl Stella. Puppies due tomorrow!

Yes he is!!! Please post puppy photos! I hope everything goes really smoothly. I think Gilbert looks more like Cracker than his Mum Crumble and while i have no idea what he would have been like in the ring, we are super pleased with his overall look and his physical conformation.

I don't think he will turn into an evil monster either BM :confused: Not in this house!

Guest Clover
I must say Melz- he has done that for quite a few people. Although sometimes we still get people warning us about what an evil monster he will turn into. Why? Because he is a JRT :thumbsup:

Oh yes they all 'turn' bad eventually..well thats what i have been told :). Harri must be getting close at nearly 4 years old. People come up with some interesting breed myths for sure.

• 2 months later...