Hitting The Ring For The First Time

angelsophie

Yes, I was thinking that learning with Phoenix will transfer to Willow, the reason why I was thinking of bringing Willow is because there will be lots of dogs there, she hasn't really been in that situation. I opted not to do a puppy pre-school. I didn't want her to be overwhelmed on her first week with both lots of dogs around, and learning everything else. If she isn't overwhelmed I think she'll want to play with all the dogs.

I made the mistake of taking Lincoln to show class before he was properly prepared and he freaked out from all the noise/dogs/being in the weired acoustics of the undercover area. So now I am slowly building up to take him again. I think taking Willow before she is actually expected to do anything, other then be there is a good idea.

I'm not against taking a pup there to acclimatise it, just it's safer when fully vaccinated. You don't know the vaccination status of the other dogs there, plus she wouldn't be allowed to interact with the dogs. For me it would just be too much of a risk, I see the after effects of parvo in my boy and it's just not worth it IMO.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yes, I was thinking that learning with Phoenix will transfer to Willow, the reason why I was thinking of bringing Willow is because there will be lots of dogs there, she hasn't really been in that situation. I opted not to do a puppy pre-school. I didn't want her to be overwhelmed on her first week with both lots of dogs around, and learning everything else. If she isn't overwhelmed I think she'll want to play with all the dogs.

I made the mistake of taking Lincoln to show class before he was properly prepared and he freaked out from all the noise/dogs/being in the weired acoustics of the undercover area. So now I am slowly building up to take him again. I think taking Willow before she is actually expected to do anything, other then be there is a good idea.

I'm not against taking a pup there to acclimatise it, just it's safer when fully vaccinated. You don't know the vaccination status of the other dogs there, plus she wouldn't be allowed to interact with the dogs. For me it would just be too much of a risk, I see the after effects of parvo in my boy and it's just not worth it IMO.

Lincoln had had two vaccinations when I took him, forgot to make that clear, my point was the first time you take her maybe just let her watch.

:eek: that was your cousins partner? last year when we got there it was really weird cause thats all everyone was talking about cause it had happened the night before!

Dont panic its not like were are actually part of the show, well thats if its like last year, we were stuck up in the back corner!

Just drive to one of the entries and there will be people on the gates and they will tell you where to go! :(

Yeh, it's funny how fast the year has gone! ...I feel slightly terrible now, going to the show. I mean, noone in my family cares, and my cousin thinks it's hilarious that I can be as docile as Leo sometimes :thumbsup: but..Yeh idk! And I know I shouldn't be, I won't be there at night, and I have a fearless protector out of Leo ( :laugh: ) ...But i'm a little.. Apprehensive going. They have a plaque made up they will be putting out there for him, though...I'm not sure what day it will be.

Ok, a little less panicy now, I will def ask for my directions! We will have fun!

that reminds me I have to get out the catalogue and check times and judging schedules. What time are those going to maitland going?

I also need to get em out and enter those I havent yet! I havent been well this week and struggled a bit at training last night and swimming carnival this morning. So am sitting in bed watching tv and ordering dog products LOL Sent hubby out to get national dog and he came home empty handed :laugh:

that reminds me I have to get out the catalogue and check times and judging schedules. What time are those going to maitland going?

I also need to get em out and enter those I havent yet! I havent been well this week and struggled a bit at training last night and swimming carnival this morning. So am sitting in bed watching tv and ordering dog products LOL Sent hubby out to get national dog and he came home empty handed :)

I have been trying to find national dog and havent been able to find one in over a month i feel like ive missed one! :laugh:

Did you get the dog news annual Bec? See kite? :laugh:

Hope ya feeling better soon!

I also need to get em out and enter those I havent yet! I havent been well this week and struggled a bit at training last night and swimming carnival this morning. So am sitting in bed watching tv and ordering dog products LOL Sent hubby out to get national dog and he came home empty handed :)

I have been trying to find national dog and havent been able to find one in over a month i feel like ive missed one! :laugh:

Did you get the dog news annual Bec? See kite? :laugh:

Hope ya feeling better soon!

You can now read the January Ringleader online...

I also need to get em out and enter those I havent yet! I havent been well this week and struggled a bit at training last night and swimming carnival this morning. So am sitting in bed watching tv and ordering dog products LOL Sent hubby out to get national dog and he came home empty handed :(

Nice to meet you the other evening...sorry that you weren't feeling too great!! Regarding Maitland, I didn't realise it was an Ag show..I was going to take Maja along but if the parking is appauling (have to park 2 klms away & pay an entry fee) & the rides are going to be making a hell of a racket, then I might reconsider & go and have a look at Erskine Park the next day!

Nice to meet you the other evening...sorry that you weren't feeling too great!! Regarding Maitland, I didn't realise it was an Ag show..I was going to take Maja along but if the parking is appauling (have to park 2 klms away & pay an entry fee) & the rides are going to be making a hell of a racket, then I might reconsider & go and have a look at Erskine Park the next day!

Yep I think your on the money with that idea especially if shes only starting to get used to things, I think it might be too much for her! Come along to medowie next weekend thou :( Kite would love to meet a bloodhound...she will be baffled at first then will be up for a good play and she is a great play mate not too pushy and a total softy!

I also need to get em out and enter those I havent yet! I havent been well this week and struggled a bit at training last night and swimming carnival this morning. So am sitting in bed watching tv and ordering dog products LOL Sent hubby out to get national dog and he came home empty handed :laugh:

Yep I think your on the money with that idea especially if shes only starting to get used to things, I think it might be too much for her! Come along to medowie next weekend thou :( Kite would love to meet a bloodhound...she will be baffled at first then will be up for a good play and she is a great play mate not too pushy and a total softy!

Yeah count me in for another person who didn't realise Maitland show was The Maitland Show ... I'm not going to bring Archie into the showgrounds at 13 weeks - but he should be coming to Medowie the following weekend

Kite will love Maja I'm sure .... Morty thought she was divine! :)