August Photography Challenge - Everyone Welcome!

Ashanali

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 visitors to my backyard late yesterday afternoon. Fortunately they are used to me so I could use the standard lens

Juvenile magpie

maggiephotobucket.jpg

Female lorikeet

loriewebaug.jpg

need to practise this backlighting thing more!

Some lovely shots in this thread.

ETA: I just went downstairs to take a pic of my parrot and the kookaburra who has been coming to my yard was there so I took some backlit photos of him while bribing him with some leftover roast meat, he was the perfect model ;) . Have to go out so will put up later.

Edited by Ripley

I love all the photos so far,

The back lit ones make me look forward to summer, bring on the longer days and sunshine :thumbsup:

I got out with the camera and made the most of the sunshine today, and tried some back lit photos. I was not very happy with any of my photos :thumbsup: so got up to leave and when I turned back around I noticed a father and his daughter surrounded by seagulls. I just had to take some photos. Happier with these ones, but any feedback or tips would be much appreciated :cheer:

backlit1.jpg

backlit2.jpg

I'm beginning to think I should have got a yellow Lab instead of the black :clap: She can be tough to get photos of.

scoutbacklit.jpg

Some more great shots today,

BB, the man and the ducks are great, the mans legs almost look transparent!!

anniek, great dribble shot with the point and shoot, love the grey shots!!

Ripley, your bird shots are awesome, I think you have got the back lit thing down pat!!

Black Magic, Just love the gull shots, the colors the composition everything about them is great! You are right about black doggies hard to capture I think White is hard to capture too especially with back lit as the sky usually blends in with the white fur!!

JS, Fantastic shots, my favorite is the two people on the bench!!

No sun here to day, so I am posing an oldie, hope I haven't posted it before. Bronson "out to sea"

IMG_3046.jpg

Sorry I'm new to the thread, but some very creative shots here of some beautiful locations! Justiceshades, blackmagic, BB and kirslin, you've been to some wonderful locations this weekend to take your shots!

Lens flare can add to the mood too I think. I always put my lens hood on but sometimes the flare can enhance a shot, especially with early evening light I think.

More bird shots today, taken with a 17-70mm lens.

My pet parrot in the kitchen in mid morning light

3825344409_40117a832f.jpg

Kookaburra in the backyard

3825976706_c5a3ec3779.jpg

Silhouette of kookaburra

3825986650_1a9e5ab66d_o.jpg

Butcherbird on the clothesline

3825175353_33e4ef37f0_o.jpg

My backyard birdies allow me to get up close and personal. :laugh:

Edited by Ripley

The back lit ones make me look forward to summer, bring on the longer days and sunshine :confused:

I got out with the camera and made the most of the sunshine today, and tried some back lit photos. I was not very happy with any of my photos :laugh: so got up to leave and when I turned back around I noticed a father and his daughter surrounded by seagulls. I just had to take some photos. Happier with these ones, but any feedback or tips would be much appreciated :crazy:

backlit1.jpg

backlit2.jpg

I know he is a stranger but wouldn't it be good if you could give copies of these pics to this man, I bet he would treasure them. :eek:

The back lit ones make me look forward to summer, bring on the longer days and sunshine :(

I got out with the camera and made the most of the sunshine today, and tried some back lit photos. I was not very happy with any of my photos :hitself: so got up to leave and when I turned back around I noticed a father and his daughter surrounded by seagulls. I just had to take some photos. Happier with these ones, but any feedback or tips would be much appreciated :dunce:

backlit1.jpg

backlit2.jpg

I know he is a stranger but wouldn't it be good if you could give copies of these pics to this man, I bet he would treasure them. :(

I thought the same. They're stunning pics