August Photography Challenge - Everyone Welcome!

Ashanali

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

so far - all photos are on the right track for backlighting and silhouette. :laugh:

Kirislin - the 'UFO thingy' you removed would have been a sun flare. This happens when the light is at a certain angle. If you go to flickr and do a search for 'sun flare' or 'lens flare' you will see heaps of photos where it's been used as a special effect. There are also some images in the flickr group that I posted where the flares are obvious and create a part of the effect.

So would this be sun flare in the left part of my pic?? I thought the kids must have touch my lense :laugh:

DSCF5175.jpg

Yes, that's one form of sun flare.

The one that Kirislin is talking about might have looked more like in this image

see the light orbs at the bottom of the bride's dress?

3238314513_1d6f20b425.jpg

or the light orb to the right of the bride?

2951316852_aba6693834.jpg

or follow this link and you will see a quite detailed sunflare

http://www.flickr.com/photos/traveller2020/3036017282/

Sometimes they can end up in distracting places such as cutting across your subject's face, but if you move slightly it can alter the effect and place it somewhere more flattering.

I had to go out to the family farm and meet the farrier, knowing how my farrier is terrible at being on time I decided to take the camera and have a go at this months challenge while I waited :laugh: I must say i'm happier with my silhouette image than my backlit image, even though the background isn't as light as it should be. Both photos taken at about 2pm.

Shaani as a Silhouette

IMG_6391.jpg

And Drue backlit

IMG_6394.jpg

Edited by aquaticmalamute