September Photography Challenge

Ashanali

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wow, it looks fake, like it's been photoshopped, I am sure it hasn't. great shot.

It does doesn't it. Photoshop is on my list of holiday treats. Bronte is being desexed in few weeks and I'm going to stay home with her, buy Photoshop and learn how to use it. I'm very jealous of all you PShoppers.

wow, it looks fake, like it's been photoshopped, I am sure it hasn't. great shot.

It does doesn't it. Photoshop is on my list of holiday treats. Bronte is being desexed in few weeks and I'm going to stay home with her, buy Photoshop and learn how to use it. I'm very jealous of all you PShoppers.

What was the canon that you used to take the pic? Would you mind if I had a little play with it in LR?

I am super impressed with all the photos here!!!! :happydance2:

I dont seem to have a talent for landscape Im afraid. :thumbsup: Was at the park tonight on sunset to capture the beautiful colors on the water. Had my tripod and everything. But did not get a decent shot.

So the only thing was to b&w one. :thumbsup:

IMG_3069-1.jpg">

My all time fav, taken on a little Canon IXUS - total fluke shot. Mind you its is almost impossible not to take a beautiful shot in England.

I thought the same until I read the shot was taken in England :happydance2:, sorry shel72 - great shot, would love to go to England one day!

What was the canon that you used to take the pic? Would you mind if I had a little play with it in LR?

Hi tlc, got your PM. sure play with it, the results will be interesting to see. The camera was a Canon IXUS 55 a little digital, it takes beautiful shots though, obviously everything has to be working with you for them to be great shots, but the colours the camera takes are lovely. I recently got a compact digital so I could get a little more advanced with my photograpy, I took the first two beach shots with that - its a learning process though. One day I'd love an SLR, but all in good time.

Edited by Shel72

Hey Shel72, here is the shot again, before and after the editt, just done in lightroom slighlty tweaked, the blacks and the clarity not much, it is a great shot. I have an SLR but also have an ixus 970 they are great little cameras!!

One_tree_for_Dol.jpg

One_tree_for_Dol-2.jpg

Edited by tlc

Looking at the two shots together, I think I have actually made it look a bit fake, I guess it depends what you like in a shot. Id be interested to see what others think. I have been trying not to over edit images and sometimes when you see the edited copy right next to the original you realize you have just over tweaked a little too much :happydance2:

LP, beautiful shots!! they are all very vibrant in color, you must have been very close to that waterfall!!

LOL - yeah it was that 'walk under niagra falls' or something like that! It was reasonably close :happydance2:

The colourful shots are all from Prince Edward Island. All of those shots just came out amazing with such blue skies and such multicoloured buildings/ farmhouses!

Looking at the two shots together, I think I have actually made it look a bit fake, I guess it depends what you like in a shot. Id be interested to see what others think. I have been trying not to over edit images and sometimes when you see the edited copy right next to the original you realize you have just over tweaked a little too much :banghead:

May be just a little lighter and it would look good. It was a bright day, so the colours probably need a little more depth than the original, but still need the right contrast to keep the detail. Interesting effect though, can't wait to play with this sort of stuff. I have some magical photos of the Isle of Skye that I think will benefit from some 'tweaking'.

Hey Shel72, here is the shot again, before and after the editt, just done in lightroom slighlty tweaked, the blacks and the clarity not much, it is a great shot. I have an SLR but also have an ixus 970 they are great little cameras!!

One_tree_for_Dol.jpg

One_tree_for_Dol-2.jpg

Nice effort but, edited much too far unfortunately, sorry to say TLC :banghead: .

There's now no detail in the shadow under the tree. If anything, all it needed was a slight boost to saturation and just a very light touch of contrast. Give it another go and see what you can do without losing the detail in the shadow. :provoke:

Nice effort but, edited much too far unfortunately, sorry to say TLC :banghead: .

There's now no detail in the shadow under the tree. If anything, all it needed was a slight boost to saturation and just a very light touch of contrast. Give it another go and see what you can do without losing the detail in the shadow. :provoke:

Yep I realized after I posted the two together, like I said in my earlier post, I think I made it look fake. Think Ill leave it to the experts.