Shakti

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Damn, It is still alive.

Tarope I still fail to see the relevance of answering that question.

It's not a hard question to answer, how many ? :laugh:

Neither is my question of its relevance? :)

I don't have a problem with telling people how many breeds I have owned, so why do you ?

Anyone else on DOL would have no problem answering this simple question, the relevance is I don't think you've owned the breeds I have am I right ? :)

Damn, It is still alive.

It's not a hard question to answer, how many ? :laugh:

I don't have a problem with telling people how many breeds I have owned, so why do you ?

Anyone else on DOL would have no problem answering this simple question, the relevance is I don't think you've owned the breeds I have am I right ? :)

I always thought you lacked intellect until your last post Tarope. I now realise you are incredibly intelligent and gifted. You will somehow be able to work out what breeds of dog I have owned by me giving you a numerical value. I am impressed. 12.

Damn, It is still alive.

It's not a hard question to answer, how many ? :)

Anyone else on DOL would have no problem answering this simple question, the relevance is I don't think you've owned the breeds I have am I right ? :cry:

I always thought you lacked intellect until your last post Tarope. I now realise you are incredibly intelligent and gifted. You will somehow be able to work out what breeds of dog I have owned by me giving you a numerical value. I am impressed. 12.

I needed a laugh today :laugh:

Damn, It is still alive.

It's not a hard question to answer, how many ? :)

Anyone else on DOL would have no problem answering this simple question, the relevance is I don't think you've owned the breeds I have am I right ? :dancingelephant:

Very funny jones, what a charming person how many dog books have you read this month ? I hope you read about GSD's and Rotties because I'll be testing you later. :dancingelephant::dancingelephant:

I didn't ask your IQ (12) but thanks anyway, just confirmed my suspicions. :laugh: At least I comment on breeds I actually own. :D smiley-finger005.gif

Edited by tarope

Geee didn't this thread take an interesting twist :laugh::)

I should explain, some time ago in a thread about GSD's or Rotties from memory I had my say as I own both breeds when jones comes in and puts crap on me.

So I said to this person, what breeds do you own or did you get your info from a book. :) And from the replies in this thread I'm still waiting. Sorry to Hi jack. :dancingelephant:

Does one need to actually own a breed of dog to be allowed to comment on them, then? :laugh:

I mean, I suppose it would be silly to say much about a breed you had no practical knowledge of, but what if you're a dog trainer who has trained members of the breed, for example, or a handler who has handled them?

It would be a shame to have a thread like this shut down over a personal issue. No disrespect intended to anyone, but we have seen it all before and then all of the great info and insights disappear too

Hear, hear Casowner! I have learnt a lot from this thread and look forward to learning a great deal more. People who want to make personal attacks or snide innuendo - please either stop or go to PMs!!

Is there such a thing, I don't think so. How can a dog be protective without being aggressive, when a dog shows it's teeth the massage is clear. Only stupid people jump into a GSD or Rotties yard, I wouldn't know as no one has jumped over my fence yet. :)

People don't come near you when walking a GSD or Rottie so I don't know how mine would react if some one had a go at me. I'm sure they would be just fine.

Many years ago we had a Dachshund, what a very protective girl she was. So was our Collie Rough, they can't do as much damage as a GSD or Rottie but still are a deterrent and all make wonderful family pets. :)

When I was 12, a copper lived just down the road from my school & I used to walk past his house everyday, the dog would bark happily wanting someone to play with, me being an animal lover, used to go over & pat him through the fence, one day the copper came home while I was still in his yard. Him & his wife took me inside to meet Rolf, he was a beautiful boy, they gave me permission to walk Rolf when they weren't home, which I did for months. One day the copper decided he wanted Rolf to be a Police Dog, after 2 months he was thrown out, because he was too gentle & they couldn't get him to attack. :)

Yet surprising enough, when I walked him & one of the school bullies threatened me, Rolf arked up & growled at them. I think some dogs just protect the ones they love, or smaller vulnerable people, probably instinct.

Thanks so much Whippets - now I know exactly what breeds you would consider to be protective and yet not aggressive - so much help - thanks ever so for posting!!!

:)

PS I think MaCe is more of a deterrent than Mase but what do I know???!!