• 11am
    • 2pm
    • 3pm
    • 4pm
    • Other?
  3. 3. Is Erskine Park okay for you?

• Yes
    • No

Well being slightly selfish I would prefer EP because we have to head out there on the Sunday as well and it might mean that Kenzie is more settled on the Sunday :) .

But also:

I am never keen on fenced "dog parks" at the best of times. I found most people here use them as an excuse for having no verbal control over there dogs and this almost always ends in at least an argument or three. At least there would be less strange non DOL dogs at EP (well it sounds like its not a place people just rock up to run dogs).

Sorry but thats just my view on fenced parks and I would almost always avoid them like the plague.

Agreed, Ness. The off lead parks can be a nightmare. I only use the tiny local one if no one else is around. My two dogs have both had a 24 hour vomiting bug this weekend after going there in the last few days so will giving it a wide berth for a while.

If the main purpose of this meet is to take photos then a more controlled area would be a better idea than a free for all in an offlead park. Erskine Park is a lovely ground, clean and well kept, which is a lot more than you can say for the average off lead dog park. The general public do not use EP as it belongs to the members of DogsNSW. It is not a public park and the average pet owner would not know it exists.

I much prefer EP as I'm familiar with it & know how to get there, it's only 25 mins from home & I don't get many traffic light hold-ups. On leads fine with me, Tilba hasn't played with other dogs other than my son's. She definitely wouldn't come back if she got distracted. Something I need to work on. ;)

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nah he really is a grumpy old man. He gave shmoo's Dexter a telling off on Thursday.

He's currently annoyed at the Christmas beetle crawling around the lounge room.

Well definitely bring Top!! I would love to photograph Top!

Ok will bring the nakey one.

Morgie is ready for lots of play :laugh:

What about Top? I'd like to meet him, :laugh: as I can't go to the Santa photos.

Yeah the dumb one is coming. Don't say I didn't warn you!

Perhaps if people want an off-leash area we could go to a fenced dog park?

Put Top and Carter together!

Mine will just need to do some quick zoomies once we arrive, then they can go back on lead. Their recall is 100% (Jodie) and 90% (Stevie, if food is offered by other people). Though I've never had Jodie near sheep... that could be interesting! I think tennis ball will still beat sheep.

Noted the comment about clam shells, I'll leave ours at home.

Stevie's had a hot spot under her chin so maybe needs portraits taken from above? She's still beautiful, now the red swelling's gone down she doesn't look so much like a turkey any more!

Do we need name tags? For the DOLers, not the dogs? I'm hopeless with people names, I can only remember dog names!

I was so excited on Saturday, and packed up my doggy back for the big trip to EP.... only to realise I was a week early. Thank goodness I realised Sat night !!

Will def be there, and am soooo looking forward to meeting not just the hairies but the humans too !

I've not been to EP before - can someone confirm that there is an off-leash area? Tess is fine 99% of the time if she's on lead, but sometimes she can be a touch protective around too many dogs. If there's somewhere I can give them a big run before-hand (with Katdogs by the sound of things ;) ) she'll be too knackered to care !

Do we have a roll-call of who is def attending?

Is it fenced? And is there a tap? Or do we need to bring bottles of water.

The main perimeter of the whole complex has fences yes but I'm not sure where we will be meeting.

There are plenty of taps.

There is a GSD show on so the main ring areas should be free ;)

The gates are always open, there is no fence between the carpark and the rings, so it is not dog proof fencing. There are also sheep on the property for herding so the dogs need to be kept away from them and there is an open show and obedience trial for the GSDs on their ground so they won't appreciate other dogs running over to their side.

Lovely place to meet, some shade, plenty of water taps, and large flat grassed areas for photos but it is not an off lead park it is a dog showground. If your dog has a rock solid recall and won't worry anyone else then they can be let off but otherwise no. The road out the front has an 80km speed limit so don't take any chances. I only ever let mine off on the GSD ground when it is empty because it is furthest away from the road. Also remember if you are taking clam shells, make sure they don't make mud holes in the grass. The groundkeeper will not be happy if you do.

I may drop out to meet you all if I get a chance. If not hope you all have a fun day.

There are areas beyond the car park where ppl take their dogs for toilet breaks but there is a dam, also we could use some of the car parks (it's divided into 4 lots) if they aren't all used. Not fenced & next to the exit road. The sheep are at the back of the grounds opposite the GSD rings so not really easily seen.

Google maps Luddenham Rd Luddenham NSW closer to the eastern end off Mamre Rd. to get an idea of what it's like.

I'd say if you have a name tag from your dog club wear it.

Edited by luvsdogs