Can I Have Some Opinions On This Please

Kirislin

Oh well, not many opinions, maybe I am being over sensitive but I think she is encouraging the GSD to be jealous and I think she will have problems in the future. I had a friendship end over a jealous GSD whose owner encouraged its behaviour. It ended with me being bitten on the leg by the GSD because I was in its way when it attacked my whippets for walking into the kitchen.

The owner is not encouraging much really, that GSD walks all over her anyway

The shepherd is showing the whippet its place, I dont see it going too pear shape in the future unless the whippet turns into a really hard, pushy adult

• 3 months later...

Looked to me like she was too busy thinking all of the behaviour was cute and funny and not spending enough time helping each dog adjust. Personally that toy, which the sheperd clearly coveted would have been removed from the situation and less attention paid to the sheperd. The way she spoke to the shep was kind of in a 'look at that little troublesome intruder, he's coming to take your toy and my attention off you'.

Hope Whippy was ok, but a sad result and you can hardly blame the sheperd based on that video alone. Mind you, it was only a tiny snippet of interaction.

HAven't seen this before,but I think the Shpeherd was encourage, due to lack of leadership to see the Whippet pup as something to be jealous of.

The owner needed to take charge and put some boudries in place instead of all the sill babby talk. I wouldn't allow an adult dog to be guarding a favourite toy from a puppy, it would be removed and I certainly would allow the larger dog to be barking/yipping at the puppy for laying under a table near it. If the puppy was annoying it fine, the dog would be allowed to disipline (within limits).

Sadly due to a complete lack of understanding any dog body language, and not knowing how to be a good leader a dog has been sent away. It is the safest thing for the Whippet, but quite possibly could have been avoided.

Looked to me like she was too busy thinking all of the behaviour was cute and funny and not spending enough time helping each dog adjust. Personally that toy, which the sheperd clearly coveted would have been removed from the situation and less attention paid to the sheperd. The way she spoke to the shep was kind of in a 'look at that little troublesome intruder, he's coming to take your toy and my attention off you'.

Hope Whippy was ok, but a sad result and you can hardly blame the sheperd based on that video alone. Mind you, it was only a tiny snippet of interaction.

That's exactly how I saw it, she was encouraging the shepherd to be anxious and then jealous of the puppy. I am not one bit surprised this is how it turned out, just sad for both dogs.