Western Australian Thread

Lab_Rat

Woohooo, Santa will be bringing me internet tomorrow too! Well it will be back to normal speed tomorrow! It has been shaped for 2 weeks - so painful.

Can't wait to get out of here and be on holidays - woohoo! 3 more hours :rofl:

R&H you don't fail completely - there is a Jersey in the US! but LR was right, it's Jersey in the Channel Islands... and thank goodness because there is no way I or my sister would want to be trimming charlie the way they do in the US :rofl::rofl:

now Jersey has a kennel club, believe it or not, and 4 shows a year! but i don't think they have a title...

So keep your fingers crossed that Charlie can win something to be eligible for Crufts 2012... I have no idea how he'd go against UK OES... so it'd just be a bit of fun!! (Plus my sister would let me handle him). If we win BOB at the classic this year, we may be eligible in 2012... :rofl:

I just remembered I speak to a Border Collie lady for Jersey on FB reguarly... hehehe.

Good luck - what an experience that would be! Apparently in the UK - You dont line up as per catalogue order, you just line up in any old fashion, wherever you want to go!

R&H you don't fail completely - there is a Jersey in the US! but LR was right, it's Jersey in the Channel Islands... and thank goodness because there is no way I or my sister would want to be trimming charlie the way they do in the US :rofl::rofl:

now Jersey has a kennel club, believe it or not, and 4 shows a year! but i don't think they have a title...

So keep your fingers crossed that Charlie can win something to be eligible for Crufts 2012... I have no idea how he'd go against UK OES... so it'd just be a bit of fun!! (Plus my sister would let me handle him). If we win BOB at the classic this year, we may be eligible in 2012... :rofl:

I just remembered I speak to a Border Collie lady for Jersey on FB reguarly... hehehe.

Good luck - what an experience that would be! Apparently in the UK - You dont line up as per catalogue order, you just line up in any old fashion, wherever you want to go!

that could get very confusing lol.

never too early for cider too bad i can't drink sober christmas and new year for me ;)

just got the last of the kids presents dropped off put the kids to bed now to wrap them waiting for mum to bring me a car so i can buy my sister a justin beiber concert ticket as her christmas present.

blerk gross dogs i could smell something go looking and one of them has brought in a festering four day old pigs head blerk

Edited by emery

So good to finish work today, I only get three days off but it'll do me after this mad week :xmascheer: . Just a plug Coles High Wycombe has plenty of fresh bread rolls, I baked all day, the poor ovens didn't stop.

Merry Christmas everyone :rofl: :rofl: ;) :rofl::xmashohoho:

yes I have heard that too - very odd!!! why wouldn't you line up in some kind of order of numbers?! haha

Nope... i was like if I ever showed over there, if it was a small class I would put myself first, then if the judge cant decide im up front :rofl: if it was a big class, i would go at the end, then im fresh in teh judges memory :rofl:

Hope everyone has a great Christmas ;) I'm looking forward to the cocktails we'll be making the the cheese and crackers, yum :laugh: Oh yeah and I suppose Xmas lunch, but the pre-lunch snacks and drinkies is more appealing to me :laugh: Never too early to start drinking! Oh and the traditional Xmas brekky here is usually chocolate :)

I had today off work but spent the day cleaning the house ready for Xmas lunch tomorrow and the arrival of my bestie from Brisbane tomorrow night.

Looking forward to my days off, not back to work til Jan 4th, woohoooooooo!! This is the first break I have had all year, so well deserved I'd say!!

Aannie Crufts is the biggest dog show in the world... it runs over I think 3 or 4 days, and covers conformation showing, obedience, agility, dancing with dogs and a bunch of other stuff! It runs in March, most years (brrrrrrrrrrr) and is held at the NEC in Birmingham...

Some people don't like it - the sheer size etc... but others love it. I, for one, am just excited to see so many English Setters in one place!!

Plus, they have heaps of doggie stalls with all sorts of dog stuff from what I've been told, so if I ever get there I'm taking an empty suitcase. :laugh: Westminster is the big dog show in America but I don't know what time of year.

yes I have heard that too - very odd!!! why wouldn't you line up in some kind of order of numbers?! haha

Nope... i was like if I ever showed over there, if it was a small class I would put myself first, then if the judge cant decide im up front :laugh: if it was a big class, i would go at the end, then im fresh in teh judges memory :laugh:

good plan! I'll keep that in mind :)

I believe that recently Jersey can now offer a CH title, been awhile since I read about how it works though. Plenty of Jersey exhibitors make the journey across the water to show in southern england.

We can line up anyway we like in a class, it isn't confusing as we all have ring numbers on! It means we can choose who to show near, ie away from the dogs who maybe naughty or a bit non dog friendly, or go to the front if our dog likes to run faster, or we can stand next to another dog of similar size if ours is a little under or over size - try standing 2 larger dogs either side of a small/correct size one and see which looks correct!! It's all part of handling, like don't stick your dogs front end in a dip in the ground!!

Crufts is a 4 day show, most of our champ shows are 3 or 4 days in length (they need to be with 8,000 + dogs at a normal champ show, with Crufts getting more then 20,000 dogs in the show ring - not including the sports dogs)

Please ignore my ignorance but :laugh: ... where is Crufts and what time of the year?

OH and I are heading to the US next year to celebrate our 20th Wedding Anniversary -- haven't booked yet so anything's possible -- unless it's on the wrong side of the world :laugh: .

Also, :) can just any ol' spectator turn up or is it rooly difficult to get tix to? ;)

Depends on what breeds you wish to see & the time off year you go

I have been to Crufts & wouldn't go again.

very hard to watch breed judging as males/females are in sep rings & you need good friends to save front row seats (which we had).Very much a giant royal show with alot of stalls aimed at the public.

Westminster in the US is also a benched show & you need to buy tickets.

Crufts & Westminster you need to buy group judging tickets .

Eukanunba is in december & back to Florida next year & again you need tickets

We did all 4 days of Crufts.

There are certainly shows in the US that are free & some super cluster shows during the year

Crufts is the 10th - 13th March 2011. You can buy a ticket on the door to get into the show or on line from the Crufts website. Most breeds are judged in the same ring, just a few of the breeds with huge entries are split into dog and bitch rings, otherwise they would never make it to the group ring in time. Groups are judged at the end of each day and these are only for the Best of Breed winners.

You only need to buy a ticket for Best In Show on the final evening, at all other times the events and groups are FREE to watch from ringside, since they moved the BIS ring into a new hall and it is now bigger then it used to be.

It is easy to get to by train, which stops closer to the NEC then the carpark!! The airport is also next to the NEC.

If you go to the show for the first time, you may want a day to watch breed judging, a day to go around the stands and another day to take in all the extra events - gundog demos, agility, obedience, flyball, discover dogs where you can meet all the breeds recognised by the KC, junior handlers events, good citizen demos......... etc etc.