Western Australian Thread

Lab_Rat

It was a struggle getting out of bed this morning, and I know its going to be worse tomorrow :)

Agreed :cry: I am currently trying to find the energy to go and wash a horse so I can drop her off at the trainer.

I had a pretty good night :cry: Banjo was Best of Breed Kelpie and was a very good boy in the ring :cry: Abbey got her first leg of ADM and was spot on through the whole course :cry: And poor Jenna unfortunately had no brain :laugh: Not that I can complain since I had no brain in JDM with only a couple of dog in between my JDX, AD and then JDM runs :)

Thanks hon. Girls bombed out but oh well. not sure where kealri placed in her class.

chandra went 2/3 so happy with that

see you tomorrow

Yeh Wolf and Rumour got dumped too :laugh: But Wolf showed his butt off so I was pleased with him. - He is a little thin at the moment and out of coat so wasn't expecting much.

They changed our judge last minute so wasn't happy! Judge went to dinner and never came back lol, so I had a different judge to your girls.

It was a struggle getting out of bed this morning, and I know its going to be worse tomorrow :cry:

Agreed :cry: I am currently trying to find the energy to go and wash a horse so I can drop her off at the trainer.

I had a pretty good night :cry: Banjo was Best of Breed Kelpie and was a very good boy in the ring :cry: Abbey got her first leg of ADM and was spot on through the whole course :cry: And poor Jenna unfortunately had no brain :laugh: Not that I can complain since I had no brain in JDM with only a couple of dog in between my JDX, AD and then JDM runs :)

I slept in til after 10 today :cry: Gosh I needed it. But it wasn't solid sleep through til 10 unfortunately, but it was nice to lie in with no pressures to get up anytime soon. Not sure if I will come down tonight or not, pretty tired! Will see how I'm feeling. Still got Monday night to go! But we're only entered in the jumping teams, not the agility, we didn't realise it was $44 EACH run ( :cry: not combined like it was for Cloverdale) so after only paying for one and being asked to choose, we chose jumping but I would have loved to give agility another go. Oh well!!

P.S. Well done Banjo!! See, you didn't need my girls up at the ring last night afterall :)

Edited by RubyStar

Had a great 2 nights at the Classic :cry: Was really nice to meet some new DOLers :laugh: and dogs and finally put some faces to names.

Sorry I didnt get back with cake last nite, we went down and watched Agility ( :) how great was that to watch!!!) and then headed off about 10ish...didnt want to disturb anyone as it looked pretty intense out there!

Met some nice dogs - a couple of gorgeous Kelpie pups, a beautiful little livernosed ridgy girl a wonderful small red hairy one, and got to catch up with some friends :cry:

But I am sooooo tired...Just about to head back to bed as I have to work tonight (oh, joy :cry: )

Hope the next two nights go well for everyone, goodluck to you all :)

Edited by Lab_Rat

Judge went to dinner and never came back lol

:laugh: Maybe they were serving free booze up there last night :)

He had a bad case of food poisoning & was very sick

Eek... thats no good.. which judge? will he be back judging tonight?

It was a struggle getting out of bed this morning, and I know its going to be worse tomorrow :cry:

I slept in til after 10 today :cry: Gosh I needed it. But it wasn't solid sleep through til 10 unfortunately, but it was nice to lie in with no pressures to get up anytime soon. Not sure if I will come down tonight or not, pretty tired! Will see how I'm feeling. Still got Monday night to go! But we're only entered in the jumping teams, not the agility, we didn't realise it was $44 EACH run ( :cry: not combined like it was for Cloverdale) so after only paying for one and being asked to choose, we chose jumping but I would have loved to give agility another go. Oh well!!

P.S. Well done Banjo!! See, you didn't need my girls up at the ring last night afterall :)

Hey Rubystar what do you mean $44 a run?

He had a bad case of food poisoning & was very sick

Eek... thats no good.. which judge? will he be back judging tonight?

As far as i now he his ,They had fish & chips in freo & another judge felt off earlier in the day & was fine the other one suffered during judging & was taken back to the accomadation during the tea break

Hey Rubystar what do you mean $44 a run?

Agility and Jumping teams - at the one and only one I entered earlier this year, it was one fee which included runs for the entire team in both agility and jumping. Assuming that is how it worked every time :laugh: I sent off our teams entry for the Western Classic with one fee, to be informed that I had entered both agility and jumping but had only paid for one, so I was asked to choose which one we wanted to enter. Turns out, it is $44 to enter your team in the jumping event, and another $44 to enter your team in the agility event. The ad in the Canine News said $44 per team, so no wonder I got it wrong. Asking around, turns out I am not the only one unaware. Only those who have been entering the teams event at the Classic for donkey's years probably knew :) I don't think I'll be doing teams at the Classic again, the price is a bit crazy :) Especially since I am one half of the team of 4 running both dogs, so it gets pretty damn expensive!!

I love some of the team names. Bugger the Duckenweavers aren't defending their title this year :laugh:

Have just had a nanna nap and my batteries feel only half charged. This means it aint going to be pretty tonight :)

Agility and Jumping teams - at the one and only one I entered earlier this year, it was one fee which included runs for the entire team in both agility and jumping. Assuming that is how it worked every time ;) I sent off our teams entry for the Western Classic with one fee, to be informed that I had entered both agility and jumping but had only paid for one, so I was asked to choose which one we wanted to enter. Turns out, it is $44 to enter your team in the jumping event, and another $44 to enter your team in the agility event. The ad in the Canine News said $44 per team, so no wonder I got it wrong. Asking around, turns out I am not the only one unaware. Only those who have been entering the teams event at the Classic for donkey's years probably knew :p I don't think I'll be doing teams at the Classic again, the price is a bit crazy :o Especially since I am one half of the team of 4 running both dogs, so it gets pretty damn expensive!!

The January teams event at Cloverdale is actually the only one where it is one round of agility and one of jumping in the same competition. Every other event is seperate jumping and agility teams comps.

Although last year we rocked up at the WC having only entered jumping teams with our young dogs and were told that since we hadn't entered agility as well we were not eligible for prizes :) Went and checked the catalogue and it does read that it is two seperate competitions but they were adament that we had to have entered both - until it got to the presentations and they realised there were prizes for both agility and jumping seperately :) It is a bit of a worry when the organisers don't know how things are :rofl:

The January teams event at Cloverdale is actually the only one where it is one round of agility and one of jumping in the same competition. Every other event is seperate jumping and agility teams comps.

That's all well and good, but for newbies like my team who have never entered it before and only have the CCC to go on for experience, it wasn't completely clear for newbies. It just read $44 per team. Doesn't worry me, it's just the fact that I made a mistake on my entries when I tried sooooooooooo hard not to, disappointed me and having asked around, it seems I am not the only newbie to have interpreted it incorrectly as well :rofl:

hey labrab sorry i didnt get to meet you, i didnt really know what i was looking for.

Hey guys what microchip registry are you with?? i know there are a few, just dont know if one is any better than the others.

Well done to all those people who got passes in obedience and agility

Edited by ncarter

hey labrab sorry i didnt get to meet you, i didnt really know what i was looking for.

Hey guys what microchip registry are you with?? i know there are a few, just dont know if one is any better than the others.

Well done to all those people who got passes in obedience and agility

:rofl::) No worries ncarter.......Im sure there were people I said I would try and track down and didnt!!!! There will be other shows :p

Were you carrying round a Papillion???? If so - I saw you! But it just didnt click....I am blonde you see ;)

Next show Ill be at will be the Ridgy Club show on the 30th April, if anyone else is showing other breeds that day.

Just had a pretendy run with Zola to see if her attitude had changed, but as soon as I put her show collar on, down came the ears and the attitude changed almost instantaneously....so I may take her for a social outing, but wont be showing :) Shes such a dag! Not even food or cutesy noises will change her demeanour...Oh, well :o

Just had a pretendy run with Zola to see if her attitude had changed, but as soon as I put her show collar on, down came the ears and the attitude changed almost instantaneously....so I may take her for a social outing, but wont be showing :rofl: Shes such a dag! Not even food or cutesy noises will change her demeanour...Oh, well :)

Is she any different if somebody else handled her Lab Rat?