Western Australian Thread

Lab_Rat

Poor Gibbs! Tooth breaking must be the thing to do for Lab puppies. Our Lab, Zep (now nearly 7), did the exact same thing when he was Gibb's age. (One of MANY things he did as a youngster...)

One thing about Labs - sometimes, they scream like they're dying for the slightest thing (like the other morning, when Zep screamed the house down because I NEARLY trod on his tail - my foot was still a few inches away), but they are also incredibly stoic and heal fast. It's keeping them quiet that's the real problem, especially when they're wriggly, wiggly puppies :)

I hope his mouth heals quickly.

luickily our kennels are bomb proof for escaping & with holidays boarders in you just need to hang around up there watch them .all are fine & settling now .

I will say we got a brilliant view from our backyard & they spent big bucks on it

Poor Gibbs! Tooth breaking must be the thing to do for Lab puppies. Our Lab, Zep (now nearly 7), did the exact same thing when he was Gibb's age. (One of MANY things he did as a youngster...)

One thing about Labs - sometimes, they scream like they're dying for the slightest thing (like the other morning, when Zep screamed the house down because I NEARLY trod on his tail - my foot was still a few inches away), but they are also incredibly stoic and heal fast. It's keeping them quiet that's the real problem, especially when they're wriggly, wiggly puppies :)

I hope his mouth heals quickly.

Gee, must just be the boys, then laugh.gif I can't say my girls carry on if they are hurt. They are almost apologetic to me if I step on them or something, giving me big sloppy kisses to apologise for getting in my way :rofl:

Poor Gibbs! Hugs to him!!

CC, sorry to hear about your cats. I hope a nice solution is sorted for them that makes everyone happy :)

I drove past the big grand opening at Bunnings tonight about 6pm and there were people EVERYWHERE eek1.gif The carpark was full so there were families parking at the shopping centre across the road and walking across.

I didn't realise the opening of a new Bunnings was such an event laugh.gif

Being so close to kennel zones, the grand opening could have been just as "grand" with all the other activities without fireworks to spook the poor dogs :(

We could see some fireworks, my dogs weren't really bothered by the noise, I was throwing the toy for them in the back yard, they were more worried about the scary giant person next door (kid sitting on dads shoulder warning the fireworks lol)

ETA lots of dogs in the neighbourhood were barking though

Edited by amypie

Sorry to hear about your cat CC and I hope a lovely home can be found very soon.

Very sorry you don't know what Lincoln is up to RV - must be hard

MG hope lil Gibbs is all better very soon.

I ahve found with the HWips at least, thye scream more when they think they have done somethign rather than when they actually have. Just this afternoon, Lewis and Rommi were chasing a ball, Lewis dropped his head to pick it up, missed his footing and end for ended twice, hit the ground, re-oriented himself then kept running :) Sometimes he will nearly hit smething or have a slight almost fall and yell like a mummies girls blouse :D Love that lil fella :)

Edited by OSoSwift

That scream is so terrifying and you just want it to stop so you can assess the situation! I remember when kyzer got a grass seed in his ear MY GOD the noise was ear piercing, luckily I figured out what it was straight away and we calmed him down and shut him up. He's usually quite good with pain and has had some spectacular stacks and had no yelping, I think it was more the fright that made him scream more than pain lol

OK come to think of it, Millie is a bit of a girl's blouse. She screamed in absolute pain with a look of terror in her eyes that will haunt me to the day I die - when she had bloods taken frown.giflaugh.gif

She did her hurt paw at agility practice once when weaving and the scream was awful :(

I can't remember Ruby sustaining an injury where she just screamed in pain. The injuries she has sustained have been done in silence and then she showed some discomfort, or in the case of her getting bitten and then swelling up like a balloon, there was no noise of pain, just this insane urge to bite at where she got bitten.

When Toby broke his leg he whimpered one small whimper once then just ran under something and hid :( The vets at first didn't believe he had broken something because he was being so stoic.

Zora will scream so loud! When she broke her tooth I though she had broken her whole jaw or something! She must screamed for like 5 mins - which of course frightened Toby so much... :laugh:

Well day one of the Royal over and our team LABB Tested (Lab, Aussie and two Borders) won the Agility and came second in the Jumping..Yay!!! Brookie did a couple of really nice runs which for the amount of training he has had was impressive!!! People kept asking why I don't run him in agility more often...nah!!!!

Very hot in the afternoon and not a lot of room or shade when the sun comes in later on. Will be interesting tomorrow when the full contingent of agility competitors are there. We are having a rest day with Obedience on the Monday. Not feeling particularly confident as its an incredibly distracting ring...much harder than our old grounds up the top.