Western Australian Thread

Lab_Rat

Guest belgian.blue
Are there any DOLers who go to Midland Dog Training Club?

Where is that held?

I'm tempted to be a smartass and say Midland? :)

I know it's some oval down Midland way, they hold their club trials there (I've only trialled there once so can't remember the name or exact location sorry!)

:) guess I was asking for a smart arse answer with a question like that!

Worked out where it is and meh .. too many road works going on around there at the moment.

Hi Lab Rat - its really only when things go wrong that you could call them terrors (like teaching not to bite) - their tenacity and intelligence means that they take a different tack. With Kate, it would be 'are you sure I can't chew this finger?' and when you say no you can't, she'd just move on to the next finger, and then the next hand, and then the body language would say "are you SURE you mean this"? and she would start with that first finger again.

And then you wake up one morning to realise that all your rules are suddenly just the way the dog lives...... as though no biting of fingers ever occured.

They are very sweet natured, very good watchdogs that only bark if there is something to bark at, they love interacting with you, love training/agility etc. Lousy at retrieving. Mine look with puzzelment at other dogs chasing balls.

But on the whole, once matured, not really interested in other dogs. At least, Kate and her Dad. The jury is still out on Duke, but he is kinda special, in an earpiercing way. At the last Jorgensens Park DOL meet, all the other dogs ran around and played in a crowd - Kate just went her merry way and checked out the bush. Came back about every 15 minutes to check on us, and would dissapear again which is why her collars now have a growing collection of cat bells on them.

Hi ValleyWA - yep I can always use help with Kate's nails - so much easier with someone holding her, it definately avoids her 'its armageddon!!" impersonation!!

ChristineX

Guest belgian.blue
The road works don't affect me. Which way are you coming from?

I'm in Vic Park so too far for me anyways. When I already make a weekly visit to my parents once a week.

I was just curious :) Grew up in Swan View ..

I know where Stratton and Helena Valley are! I used to board at Swanleigh :laugh:

Hello fellow Swanleighan, when were you there? I am also a boarder :laugh:

I was there from 2000 - 2002 :laugh:

Did you know they are closing it as a boarding house next year? This is the last year they'll have boarders.

:laugh: to Christine :cry:

ValleyWA, you are still going to do agility this year aren't you? I am planning on taking Banjo down to Perth again this year, although will probably only get to every second week LOL.

Oh and :laugh: to all the Swanleigh boarders :laugh: I wasn't a boarder but had to put up with you since I went to Govo :)

Edited by mirawee

So................Who is off the the Western Classic this year??

I want to head up for Friday and Saturday night - so I can see the hounds and then the working group. I would also love to check out some agility. After seeing that one hour World Dog Games show a couple of weeks back Im enthralled with Agility!! Would love to get into it with Wandy Kelpie, but *cough* cant even get it together to continue with obedience :scared:

Anyway - would love to catch up with any of you at the Classic!! And dogs as well - Banjo boy especially :eek: What a dog!!! Oooh and the baby Chessy of course - will have to be supervised tho, hes far toooooo cute!!!

Rat

Edited by Lab_Rat

I'll be there Friday night to watch Group 4, Saturday night for Obedience and showing, Sunday night for showing, and Monday for showing and DWD. Praying that we can do both on Monday night and there isn't a clash. Yep, it's Bosley doing Canine Freestyle :-) That is if we ever get the tricks in time :eek:

Washa

So................Who is off the the Western Classic this year??

I want to head up for Friday and Saturday night - so I can see the hounds and then the working group. I would also love to check out some agility. After seeing that one hour World Dog Games show a couple of weeks back Im enthralled with Agility!! Would love to get into it with Wandy Kelpie, but *cough* cant even get it together to continue with obedience :scared:

Anyway - would love to catch up with any of you at the Classic!! And dogs as well - Banjo boy especially :cheer: What a dog!!! Oooh and the baby Chessy of course - will have to be supervised tho, hes far toooooo cute!!!

Rat

Are you showing the cute young BC Sat nite Washa??

How Bosley boy going? Not showing him?

Rubystar - darn I was hoping for agility to be on Friday or Saturday nite. Being three hours from home I dont really want to be away aaallll weekend :scared: Maybe Saturday & Sunday nites would be better! Will have to go back to the drawing board now!

Rat

Lab_Rat, Banjo will be there Saturday, Sunday and Monday for the Classic :thumbsup: He would be happy to give you some Kelpie Kisses :scared: I really need to get my act together with him as he is entered in the teams jumping as well :cheer: Only in a very non-competitive team but I just realised he has never done a collapsible tunnel :rofl: I wonder if I should put an entry in for him for novice jumping... only thing is it could clash with the show side of things.

:eek: @ Amypie... you make me feel old though, coz I graduated in 1997 :eek:

I know where Stratton and Helena Valley are! I used to board at Swanleigh :scared:

Hello fellow Swanleighan, when were you there? I am also a boarder :cheer:

I was there from 2000 - 2002 :eek:

Did you know they are closing it as a boarding house next year? This is the last year they'll have boarders.

God now i do feel old!!!!! I was there from 1987 to 1991! My last house was Hudleston, I was a prefect of year 8"s if only they had part of an idea about what we used to get up to!!!!!!

I did hear they were closing it down, I wonder what they will do with it as I think a lot of the buildings are heritage listed???

I actually found out from my Stock Agent who is also a former Swanleighan! We are every where!!!!

Oh and to all the Swanleigh boarders I wasn't a boarder but had to put up with you since I went to Govo

Oh a daybug, when were you there??? Maybe we had to put up with the day bugs? Nah it was a good school once we got a new headmster with an idea who cracked down on some people.

I did hate boarding though - missed home all the time.

I am so jealous you are all going to the classic, I haven't been for ages and I love going

Good luck everyone and some give that gorgeous Chessie boy some big cuddles from me :rofl:

Edited by Rommi n Lewis

So mirawee - whats involved in the jumping?? I didnt know Banjo had so many talents hidden up his furry sleeve :scared:

Are there going to be any other Kelpies shown do you know? Trinity back in form yet?? Any of her pups? Cant remember when they were born, so they may not even be old enough......

Enough of the age thing already!!!!! :eek::cheer: I feel old!

Rat

So mirawee - whats involved in the jumping?? I didnt know Banjo had so many talents hidden up his furry sleeve :scared:

Are there going to be any other Kelpies shown do you know? Trinity back in form yet?? Any of her pups? Cant remember when they were born, so they may not even be old enough......

Enough of the age thing already!!!!! :cheer::rofl: I feel old!

Rat

Jumping is basically agility without the contact equipment and weavers :eek: So jumps and tunnels only :eek:

I was trying to figure out how old Trinity's pups are as well... will go check the Suthernskyes website :thumbsup: But I doubt they or Trinity will be at the Classic since she was in season at the Royal (much to Banjo's delight although he wasn't allowed to say hello) so they can't be that old.

Rommi n Lewis, I was there 1993-7. And I think the boarders liked us "daybugs" I know the ones that came to dinner or stayed for the weekend certainly weren't complaining :thumbsup: