Western Australian Thread

Lab_Rat

Thanks Mirawee. Yeah Mundaring is good that they allow more dogs for larger blocks (i.e I can have 3 dogs) but it will probably become an issue for me in a couple of years when I want to start adding to my pack :wave: .They are very slow with paperwork though, Toby was registered till over a year because they 'never got' our letters/e-mail/phone call asking for them to send us the paperwork to fill in.

For hip scoring and repro work I have gone to Applecross and more recently Toodyay vet (since that is closer to me LOL).

I use Mundaring Vet for general stuff and did even when living in Helena Valley after having issues with Swan (great if you can get Dr Huber, but last time I went and asked for him I got a newby vet who tried to convince me that my dog had OCD because there was nothing on the xrays to show why she was lame :heart: Needless to say she was wrong) and also Midland - actually I don't think Midland would let us come back since they had to refund all money paid to them after they stuffed up big time :sleep: Saying that it has been a while since I have used either so hopefully they both have great vets there now :curtsey:

Oh, and Mundaring Shire are bad to deal with in terms of dogs (and horses!). They told us we could get a kennel license before we got our new property (100 acres) and sent out all paperwork, in fact we were told if we wanted to have puppies even if we only owned one dog we required a kennel license. We then misplaced the paperwork when moving and when we called 3 months later to get it sent out again we were told that they don't do kennel licenses and haven't for years! (Oh but we still need one if we want to breed - just pay $6000+ to get us to consider it!) We are only allowed to have 4 dogs on the 100 acres, but can apply for up to 6. Of course you have to own the extra dogs before you apply though :sleep: And that is even with two houses on the property with their own individual enclosed yards.

Ivy - have a look on the CAWA website there are lots of classes down there on weeknights... I go to southern river club on Monday nights... usually a lot of people down there which is what you want. Some of the other obedience classes are alot smaller in size but seeing as you want one where you can meet lots of people, Monday nights might be the go for you. Classes usually start at 7pm and the new term starts at the same time school starts.

RubyStar - i graduated year 12 in 2000 - you?

I train with Southern River too, though I don't do classes anymore.

Graduated in 1998... eek I'm feeling old!! :curtsey:

Meh - you aren't old RS!!

ahhhh now i am trying to think of some funny teachers so we can laugh at them!!

BTW RS,are you going to the retrieving days in March in Guildford?

OMG what was his name... the English teacher who always wore short shorts and sat with his leg propped up on the desk :sleep::heart:

Umm not sure - I wanted to give retrieving another go this year (I got too busy last year), but I don't think I have the time or motivation to go far enough with it. I'm still concentrating on obedience and may even do tracking with Millie. Who knows, maybe I'll go :wave: Have you got details?

Gotta leave work now - will check back with the other posts tonight. This thread is getting lively :curtsey: Took a good whinge from me to get it started again though :sleep:

Lovely pic Valleywa!!

RS yay for whinging!!

I know exactly the teacher you are talking about... Mr Hesp. He also used to like holding his chalk like a cigarette and peer over his glasses... he was also having a fling with one of the other teachers although I cant' remember who!!

Ihave the details for the retrieving PM me your email address and I'll forward them to you. I am the same as you though... now i have titled Ari i am focussing on obedience but so much of retrieving applies in obedience or vice versa... it just seems to take a lot more work but the mistakes are just as unforgiving!!

This thread is getting busy, yay for western australians :curtsey: I grew up in the hills too so helena valley, stratton and the likes are all bringing back memories! Don't live there anymore but I do still work in Darlington.

Very cute pics there valleywa, he looks so smoochable!

Guest belgian.blue

ValleyWA .. Sounds better as it's closer. Actually very close to home!

Do you know the fees?

Do we just rock up on Feb 3rd and enrol then?

Edited by belgian.blue