Western Australian Thread

Lab_Rat

Hi guys!

Can anyone recommend me a cattery in Canning Vale or Southern River? We have decided on a boarding kennel for the dogs (if they have space) but unfortunately they don't board cats as well so we're on the hunt. Being newish to Perth we have no idea so any recommendations would be great.

Thanks!!

Hi guys!

Can anyone recommend me a cattery in Canning Vale or Southern River? We have decided on a boarding kennel for the dogs (if they have space) but unfortunately they don't board cats as well so we're on the hunt. Being newish to Perth we have no idea so any recommendations would be great.

Thanks!!

A couple of years ago when I was looking for kennels and a cattery, I found a lovely one - Ashridge in Banjup - they are very popular so you need to book well in advance.

I haven't used them but many people have recommended them to me which is always good to know! :cheer:

eta - Ashridge are both a kennel and a cattery

Edited by Golden Rules

Guest RosieFT

I have used Ashridge for my cat and was happy with them. I have nothing to compare it to though, as have only used one once! They were friendly, clean.. cats got a groom once a day and were let out in a middle section play area once a day. My cat was not thrilled with being in a cattery though.. but they were happy enough for me to ring and check up on her (a few days in) and were very clear on what she was eating and acting like. I would recommend them :-)

Does anyone else here read the Quokka from cover to cover?? I found a few "strange" ads in the pet section, 'wanted' bit last night - someone looking for very rare, dont even think there are any in Aus, dogs. All herding breeds too............Oh and a dingo! I sometimes get a bit sad reading the ads though, there are soo many kittens it breaks my heart - why oh why cant people desex????? And I wont even go there with people looking for X dog to breed with their Y dog, who is oh so cute :cheer::vomit: Pulease!

Rat

Some of the ads in the wanted section are terrible. Most of them are written by people acting as their dogs pimp and want a bitch to mate with - no papers needed we will just chuck em together and have beaut pups. I dont know what kind of arrangement they would come to in regards to puppies, money etc. Some might not even want puppies who knows?

Edited by ncarter

Hope you don't mind me butting in on your thread. I'm in the UK at the moment, but hoping to be in WA within the next few months and will be bringing my Lhasa Apso with me of course.

Once she gets through quarentine and I get her registered with Dogs West, I'm hoping to be able to do some showing over there. I've been reading up on your show system (which is so different to ours) and trying to get my head around it, but I'm hoping you will be able to give me some tips if needed.

My family and I are so looking forward to life out there, our son married an Aussie girl and has been there for 10 years now. We have 2 young grandsons who we can't wait to spend more time with. We've been over there several times over the years and love it!

Welcome Pommy Lhasa :) What info would you like about showing in Australia?

OzJen, Diva is a light palomino and Xavi is a dark palomino :) You can't get too much different in colour between the two though!

Angels Rest or Blu Ice catteries both in Canning Vale

:) I have emailed Blu Ice (I was looking at them originally anyways) and will arrange an inspection.

Thanks for your help everyone - very much appreciated. Always nice to know others have had good experiences. Will keep Ashridge in mind too. :)

Hope you don't mind me butting in on your thread. I'm in the UK at the moment, but hoping to be in WA within the next few months and will be bringing my Lhasa Apso with me of course.

Once she gets through quarentine and I get her registered with Dogs West, I'm hoping to be able to do some showing over there. I've been reading up on your show system (which is so different to ours) and trying to get my head around it, but I'm hoping you will be able to give me some tips if needed.

Our system isnt much different

We dont have all the classes UK does or the junior warrant titles & qualifying for shows like Crufts etc etc.

Obviously titling is different where i think you need to win 3 CC we need 100 points eg approx 17 .

We dont have limits on shows awarding CC to breeds ,every show especially in WA is awarded CC.

The only time non awarding of CC happens is if a national show is on & there are other shows within the designated distance exclusion zone.

Here the main classes are

baby

minor

puppy

junior

inter

state

aust

openThe above are typical classes used in WA with the occasional exception

Breed/group clubs can use

limit

graduate but rarely are these used.

The system in all sense is the same.

All class winners except baby compete for CC/RCC.

Lhasos arent shown in big numbers here

Hehehe....my last kelpie bitch wouldve made an excellent Dock Dog!! She absolutely loved leaping off the jetty at a nearby dam (which was a swimming hole). She would do it all afternoon if we let her!

Dont either of our current dogs would be in it though. Zola doesnt go anywhere near water - except to drink :p and Wandy just wants to play in and around it, not actually be immersed :dummy::dunce:

Rat

Good stuff Moosepup - how excellent for you!!

After my *cough* big tough announcement about two pages ago, Im now in two minds about how I go about having more than two dogs.............Ah well, guess I dont have to worry till I actually decide to have more!

Rat

Hey moosepup what council are you in? I'm sure mine says you have to have the third dog before asking for the three dog permit. Obviously it makes more sense to have the approval first. Congratulations on your approval :laugh: .

What she said :laugh: :laugh:

Bar if a judge wishes to hold a CC, because they dont think the dog is good enough, thats the only time I know where we dont get CC's

Our system isnt much different

We dont have all the classes UK does or the junior warrant titles & qualifying for shows like Crufts etc etc.

Obviously titling is different where i think you need to win 3 CC we need 100 points eg approx 17 .

We dont have limits on shows awarding CC to breeds ,every show especially in WA is awarded CC.

The only time non awarding of CC happens is if a national show is on & there are other shows within the designated distance exclusion zone.

Here the main classes are

baby

minor

puppy

junior

inter

state

aust

openThe above are typical classes used in WA with the occasional exception

Breed/group clubs can use

limit

graduate but rarely are these used.

The system in all sense is the same.

All class winners except baby compete for CC/RCC.

Lhasos arent shown in big numbers here

Hey moosepup what council are you in? I'm sure mine says you have to have the third dog before asking for the three dog permit. Obviously it makes more sense to have the approval first. Congratulations on your approval :( .

I fall under the Rockingham council area Tiggy. The form asks you to specify breed/sex/sterilized etc. I just put Chihuahua/not sure/it will be. You also have to put in why you want a 3rd dog. I'm sure the main things they are interested in are what size dog it will be and if it will be sterilized. Seems silly to have to have the dog already... what if they say no??

Woohoo... I have a good friend - who I also help show who breeds Chi's!!

What's her prefix?? The puppy will be from RoyaltyChi. They have gorgeous dogs. :cry: Moose's prefix is Trendee.