Western Australian Thread

Lab_Rat

Hi WA'ers

Just wondering what the deal is with ticks???

At the moment, I've never really worried about them as the doggies don't go anywhere off lead expect at home, but we are about to move to our property with all manner of things that crawl, jump, fly, hop and walk and I'm wondering if the doggies will need tick preventative / prevention and if so what :thumbsup:

BTW lovely property mirawee :thumbsup:

Guest belgian.blue

Am I really that much of a bad person? Feeling really shitty lately, I'm trying my hardest to find someone to move in. People come around, I like them and they end up going somewhere else.

I clean the house, leave Ivy outside and the house is always tidy. The spare room is huge .. so it must just be me :thumbsup:

It's offical .. I suck.

Guest belgian.blue

Gumtree mainly. Tried Quokka but had too many scary men come around, they sound nice enough on the phone ..

Have an ad at Curtin Uni [in their housing department] but not one phone call yet, even though the house is really close to the Uni. Though I guess students don't really go back for another few weeks.

Have an ad at Curtin Uni [in their housing department] but not one phone call yet, even though the house is really close to the Uni. Though I guess students don't really go back for another few weeks.

Yeah there won't be many students on campus at the moment. You could try putting a poster up in the cafe/guild/student office on campus with those little tear off things. I work at a uni and see them all the time. :thumbsup:

Who here does agility? Where do you train? I'd love to get into it with Millie this year but don't know where to start!! Might join ACWA, but would love some advice from other Perth agility folk! What can I train at home for some good solid foundations?

Gumtree mainly. Tried Quokka but had too many scary men come around, they sound nice enough on the phone ..

Maybe try posting at the other Uni's? There's always people at ECU looking for a place. Or offer to host an International student? :thumbsup:

Who here does agility? Where do you train? I'd love to get into it with Millie this year but don't know where to start!! Might join ACWA, but would love some advice from other Perth agility folk! What can I train at home for some good solid foundations?

I tried agilty with Banjo but I ended up exhausted as he's a plodder not an agilty dog :thumbsup: . The ACWA sounds great. Have you looked at their website? Something you can start working on is groundwork, running circles etc with the dog on both sides. Have fun! :thumbsup:

I train at PTODC in bassendean. The class sizes are very small and the instructors set you exercises individually, so you move at your own pace. The best things to have down pat for agility are a good recall and good stays. Having your dog with a high toy drive is really helpful but not essential, me and toby have been training at this all year.

Belgium.blue, maybe put an advert up at UWA as that is actually the closest Uni to you. I don't actually know if I could share my house with anyone so have never looked for a house mate :laugh:

RubyStar, I train at ACWA and occasionally at Perth Training.

RS - ACWA have beginner classes on Tuesday night (they start this coming Tuesday) they are usually very busy for the first week or two with heaps of new people but then they quieten down as people lose interest :laugh:

Once you dog has mastered the basics you get moved up a class which is a bit smaller and more involved and starting to sequence etc.

Guest belgian.blue

Maybe try posting at the other Uni's? There's always people at ECU looking for a place. Or offer to host an International student? :laugh:

Good idea Thornliegirl .. ECU is in Joondalup but public transport is pretty good heading that way.

How would you go about hosting an international student? Is there a special company that deals with it?

Mirawee, I have my details with Curtin Uni :rofl:

When do students start going back to Uni???

Anyone heading to the Scarbs dog beach Sunday morning?

A lot would start looking for accommodation during O week if they haven't already. How does having your details at Curtin help students from UWA? As far as I am aware all Uni's are independant of each other. I went to UWA and know quite a few people who rented in Vic Park.

Hi everyone sorry to intrude i did introduce myself a few posts bac but kinda in the middle of a different topic so i dont think anyone read it lol , anyhow i was jus wondering if theres anyone from bunbury on here i've recently moved here and would luv to meet more doggy lovers

Hi everyone sorry to intrude i did introduce myself a few posts bac but kinda in the middle of a different topic so i dont think anyone read it lol , anyhow i was jus wondering if theres anyone from bunbury on here i've recently moved here and would luv to meet more doggy lovers

Hi kinad, welcome to the thread.

I'm not from Bunbury but looovee that part of WA.

What breed do you have?

I'm a Greyhound nut myself

Maybe try posting at the other Uni's? There's always people at ECU looking for a place. Or offer to host an International student? :)

Good idea Thornliegirl .. ECU is in Joondalup but public transport is pretty good heading that way.

How would you go about hosting an international student? Is there a special company that deals with it?

Mirawee, I have my details with Curtin Uni :)

When do students start going back to Uni???

Anyone heading to the Scarbs dog beach Sunday morning?

Hi BB,

Did a quick google search and found this forum for students looking for accommodation

http://www.studyconnect.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30

Good luck