Western Australian Thread

Lab_Rat

Bugger MM - Hope your boy is ok! I am so over idiots and their dogs!

I saw a bloke walking his dog the other day, actually crossing the Stirling Hiway - NO lead :eek: Could not believe it!!

So do you know who owns the dog? Can you report it to the ranger?? Poor Mason, not good for his walkies experiences at all!

Hope he heals very quickly...

Rat

i agree. i see alot of idiots in my area roaming with dogs off lead near busy streets. and then there is the idiots how let aggressive dogs offlead in public. if your dog is gonna be agro keep it on a lead. and if you're gonna be agro stay muzzled! i saw a guy at bayswater dog park who's dog got into a fight with a beautiful collie. from what i saw the collie actually started it owner of collie went mental at owner of staffie. owner of staffie ripped his dog off the collie and litterally kicked the poor dog about 10m up the hill. just kinda drop kicked it. Horrible, had me shaking and wanting to either steal his dog or punch him out but i had spider with me at the time so his safety came first. people like that just??? why would you own a dog if you're just going to beat it to a pulp.

i agree. i see alot of idiots in my area roaming with dogs off lead near busy streets. and then there is the idiots how let aggressive dogs offlead in public. if your dog is gonna be agro keep it on a lead. and if you're gonna be agro stay muzzled! i saw a guy at bayswater dog park who's dog got into a fight with a beautiful collie. from what i saw the collie actually started it owner of collie went mental at owner of staffie. owner of staffie ripped his dog off the collie and litterally kicked the poor dog about 10m up the hill. just kinda drop kicked it. Horrible, had me shaking and wanting to either steal his dog or punch him out but i had spider with me at the time so his safety came first. people like that just??? why would you own a dog if you're just going to beat it to a pulp.

I am going to report it, that dog shouldnt be offlead at all!

Poor Mason... give him a big (gentle) hug from us! And definitely report it :mad

So how many people are going to return any defective HCBs... you know the ones with the cross on upside down :rofl:

Mason has had SO many hugs this morning! :o

Those defective HCBs would be collectors items wouldn't they? :D

dyslexic hot cross buns ? lol

Stupid me and its after 12 too!!!!

Those defective HCBs would be collectors items wouldn't they? :D

I have to admit I would probably just eat my "collectors item" HCB :o And then I can have the excuse that I am possessed by the devil :mad

Hey guys,

I need to confine my dogs inside during the day. Henry would be fine, but Cara I'm worried about, she can be quite destructive.

Anyone have ideas?

I thought about crating them, and they'd only need to be in the crates from about 9am to around 2.30pm.

What about baby gates? Why do they need to be inside??

Because the neighbours complained to my Mum (who owns the house) apparentlty they've been barking.

I thought about baby gates, but Cara has been chewing the stairs, and I really don't know if she'd keep chewing that.

I've attached the photo of the space they sleep in at night, that bottom stair now has big teeth mark in it.

post-33679-1270107863_thumb.jpg

She is hyper and I think her total lack of training doesn't help. She didn't know how to even sit when we got her, but we're doing 2 x 10 minutes of training each day plus her walks.

Paige's bedroom is downstairs and I spend most of my time upstairs. She also stands at the bottom of the stairs and barks at me constantly. She's fine if I'm downstairs and if I'm in the office she'll just hang out down there and sleep. But she really doesn't like to be away from us. Something I need to address.

Lincoln will sit at the bottom of the stairs and whine too especially since Toby is allowed up. However we have no neighbours and he whines quietly so I have just been ignoring him. :D

For anyone who is interested here is Toby and Lincoln with the red iSqueak:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oS2f5AofYU0

and Toby being totally cute and doing the agility equipment while fetching (yes my tyre is sad looking)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wdr8oUchE78

Have you tried to see why they are barking? What times etc ? Maybe you could hire a Bark colar for a while ? Dogs usually dont bark for no reason, and when you can workout the reason you should be able to fix the probelm. see if the neighbbours can give you any times etc and a sure pattern will emerge.

Because the neighbours complained to my Mum (who owns the house) apparentlty they've been barking.

I thought about baby gates, but Cara has been chewing the stairs, and I really don't know if she'd keep chewing that.

I've attached the photo of the space they sleep in at night, that bottom stair now has big teeth mark in it.