Western Australian Thread

Lab_Rat

My friend who owns Bronson is a male DOLer although he barely ever posts and I think he may have posted in the WA thread once. :laugh:

A guy who loves Labs... is he taken? :laugh:

Yeah I think most of the Singles thread people hooked up with each other, now it's more of a Couples thread :laugh:

Maybe a "still" singles thread needs to be started :laugh:

Hmmmmm, didn't anyone tell you about rentals in Perth? Massive shortage. Overpriced.

What area are you looking in?

Anywhere in the inner suburbs from Mosman Park to Mount Lawley NOR and a similar stretch on the other side.

Well Ptolomy must have one giant grin on her face this morning!!!! I cant imagine how excited she would be :laugh:

I can :laugh: very excited indeed, and if anything like me then I had butterflies in my tummy too :laugh:

Hope he's doing well Ptolomy :laugh:

Yep I do but it won't help you when it comes to rentals I'm afraid, it's just a case of finding a property on Realestate.com.au, viewing it and applying.

Cheers amypie , I'm trawling the sites everyday...went to see somewhere in Nedlands yesterday that they want $1000 p/w for and the ceiling in the bathroom was literally black with mold :laugh:

My friend who owns Bronson is a male DOLer although he barely ever posts and I think he may have posted in the WA thread once. :laugh:

A guy who loves Labs... is he taken? :laugh:

Nope :laugh: Mirawee met him when he was in high school as he used to visit her farm with his friend Ben and her sister Emily and Amypie has met him twice.

(BTW Mirawee there is a development proposal on the land you used to won all the way up to across the road from me :laugh: )

Hmmmmm, didn't anyone tell you about rentals in Perth? Massive shortage. Overpriced.

Anywhere in the inner suburbs from Mosman Park to Mount Lawley NOR and a similar stretch on the other side.

Hmm yep that's going to be expensive, there's a reason we're all out in the sticks :laugh:

Yep I do but it won't help you when it comes to rentals I'm afraid, it's just a case of finding a property on Realestate.com.au, viewing it and applying.

Cheers amypie , I'm trawling the sites everyday...went to see somewhere in Nedlands yesterday that they want $1000 p/w for and the ceiling in the bathroom was literally black with mold :laugh:

Yucko!

Nedlands is one of 'the' suburbs, no surprise what they want for rent there.

Depends on what you want to pay for rent but Vic Park / Carlisle / Lathlain / Rivervale are all close to the city (and the airport and freeway and everywhere really :laugh: ) and you are likely to find something reasonable there for around $350 to $500 a week.

If it's easy city access you want, you shouldn't forget those suburbs that are further out (therefore cheaper) and quite close to a train station! I live less than a 5 min walk to the train and I can be in th city in half the time it would take me to drive there, without the parking costs, the traffic woes, and my car is tucked up safely in the garage each day! :laugh:

$1000 per week? The ceiling should be lined with gold, not mould!!!

lol I know :laugh:

We are very fortunate that OH's company is paying a fair amount of the rent and we are willing to 'top it up' to get a decent place. Trouble is my OH is also very fussy :laugh: We like Mount Lawley a lot, but we are off to have a second look at a couple of places in Como and Cottesloe this afternoon.

Having been home-owners for the past 10 years it's a pain to have to rent again, and deal with landlords who want loads of cash for doing very little in return - but that's the property business I guess :laugh:

Something will turn up I guess, we may have to sacrifice a pool, but we need somewhere by october so starting to sweat a bit now :laugh:

Well Ptolomy must still be having cuddles and with a BIG grin I bet!!

Wating like everyone for photos!!

CC the rent prices in Perth are no doubt like Bunbury and very ridiculous, even so from the other side we have had more bad tenants than good tenants,

Wish you were in Bunno, could offer a house thats just about finished being done up.

Hang in there good tenants are hard to find!!Have you looked at Private Rentals?

Nope :rofl: Mirawee met him when he was in high school as he used to visit her farm with his friend Ben and her sister Emily and Amypie has met him twice.

(BTW Mirawee there is a development proposal on the land you used to won all the way up to across the road from me :D )

Not that I can remember him... had too many Estate kids come and visit ;)

The development was always going to happen, and it has been the 5 years they thought it would take. Are you guys still looking to move or have you shelved that idea?

Nope :( Mirawee met him when he was in high school as he used to visit her farm with his friend Ben and her sister Emily and Amypie has met him twice.

(BTW Mirawee there is a development proposal on the land you used to won all the way up to across the road from me :eek: )

Not that I can remember him... had too many Estate kids come and visit ;)

The development was always going to happen, and it has been the 5 years they thought it would take. Are you guys still looking to move or have you shelved that idea?

No in about 24 months my parents will be back in Bunbury. We didn't move to have a large block just so we could be crowded in by development. But my dad in all his wisdom thinks the longer we can hold out the more our block will be worth to developers and my mum argued him down to 2 years. :D

So I don't really know what this means for me. :rofl:

CC the rent prices in Perth are no doubt like Bunbury and very ridiculous, even so from the other side we have had more bad tenants than good tenants,

Wish you were in Bunno, could offer a house thats just about finished being done up.

Hang in there good tenants are hard to find!!Have you looked at Private Rentals?

And we will be perfect tenants, any landlord will be lucky to have us :champagne: :champagne:

I have some friends moving from Canningvale to Karratha, brand new house that they have built and lived in for like 4 months... I will message them if you were keen to look at it as I know it will be very nice.

Thanks for the offer but that is a bit too far out, we're looking for a nice short easy commute :champagne: The Cottesloe one looks promising on a second viewing, so fingers crossed!

Ptolomy, hope the Toller cuddles are going well :champagne:

Thanks for the offer but that is a bit too far out, we're looking for a nice short easy commute :champagne: The Cottesloe one looks promising on a second viewing, so fingers crossed!

Oh you lucky ducks! Cottesloe will be wonderful, beach every day in summer!! :champagne:

There's a dog beach at Leighton just down the road too :champagne:

I can't believe we haven't got any Toller baby pics. I have waited patiently all day and not said a word ..... now I'm tapping fingers and feet! :champagne:

RS this is the DOLer that I was talking about earlier. (I am 99% sure only members can see attached files, if not someone let me know and I will delete it). Please note the cutest puppy in the world in his arms and the sctarch marks from said puppy. :champagne:

And we will be perfect tenants, any landlord will be lucky to have us :champagne: :champagne:

I have some friends moving from Canningvale to Karratha, brand new house that they have built and lived in for like 4 months... I will message them if you were keen to look at it as I know it will be very nice.

Can I ask, commute to where? The city? Canning Vale isn't that far out of the city, less than half hour by car! How far is it Cottesloe to the city?

If work are paying for it, or most of it, I'd be getting a nice beach side property too. But people need to realise Canning Vale and surrounds is not a very big commute, I am 20 mins by train to the city :champagne:

RS this is the DOLer that I was talking about earlier. (I am 99% sure only members can see attached files, if not someone let me know and I will delete it). Please note the cutest puppy in the world in his arms and the sctarch marks from said puppy. :champagne:

:champagne: Thanks valley but I was just kidding :champagne: Cute puppy, though :champagne:

When you live or have lived close to the city, you would consider Canning Vale a long commute!!

It used to take me 7 minutes in my car to get to work when I worked in the city.

If I lived at Canning Vale and wanted to drive, I think the commute would be 45 minutes in peak hour. No thanks! :champagne:

Thanks Ness, I will give Ptolomy a little grace then :champagne: