Western Australian Thread

Lab_Rat

Yeah but I don't want to deal with the city and it doesn't really have any camping shops ;)

Just the Wellington Surplus Store :rofl: :rofl:

Oh yeah I forgot about that! ;)

I'll keep it as a last resort - would rather not deal with the crowds and parking, blerk.

And Kathmandu and several others as well :eek:

Hey, I just don't associate the city with camping okay :) I need cheapie shops.

I was told 6pm for tonight - any idea why the lights have to be off so early?

Apparently they only pay to have them on until 9pm

Also probably worth mentioning for people that weren't there that we were told recently that until all equipment is set up no one should get their dogs out, if you are finished setting up but see other people still setting up go and help them, just thought I'd pre-warn you so that there isn't a big drama because you didn't know :):rofl: Knowledge is power! heheh

ETA: Although I imagine everyone will be confused tonight anyway due to the early start :rofl:

Edited by amypie

Has anyone had experience with these boarding kennels?

Kismet Kennels

The Paw House

Canning Vale Boarding Kennels

I'll be inspecting them this Friday night/weekend but would love to hear from anyone who has actually used them.

I've already checked out and crossed off five places.

Thanks!

I have my boys booked into the Paw House over Easter Lincoln looks at the owner like this :rofl::rofl:

I started my day with a bit of a heart-in-the-mouth moment!

Banjo has been coming out to help feed the ponies some morning. He often decides to go down and visit Mum's dogs (well since Asha was in season anyway :rofl: ) and since he and Boots have not been fighting through the fence I thought it would be a good way for them to get used to each other so didn't bother about it.

When I was ready to go back up Banjo didn't want to come, so I went down to grab him and saw that he was in the yard with Boots :) Dad had seen him and decided it was a good thing to do :eek: However, I am very proud of both boys as while Banjo was running around with his hackles and tail up they were pretty well ignoring each other and Banjo ran straight past Boots without a worry to get to the gate to come back out with me :rofl:

ST - I remember you telling me that Spartan eats Nutro Lamb and Rice i think it is?? Mason won some over the weekend ( 2 bags) and I see that it has chicken fat in it? I can't remember if Spartan was allergic to chicken, if he is does the fat not affect him? I would like to have a bit of kibble in the cupboard for nights like tonight when I have no veggies to go with his meat ( I must now go to the shop) :rofl:

Yeah but I don't want to deal with the city and it doesn't really have any camping shops ;)

Just the Wellington Surplus Store :rofl::rofl:

Oh yeah I forgot about that! ;)

I'll keep it as a last resort - would rather not deal with the crowds and parking, blerk.

And Kathmandu and several others as well ;)

Hey, I just don't associate the city with camping okay :) I need cheapie shops.

I was told 6pm for tonight - any idea why the lights have to be off so early?

Apparently they only pay to have them on until 9pm

Ahh i remember back when i was a rocker who wore Docs (ok i still do :eek:) Surplus stores were the best place to go for well priced doc martins ;)

ST - I remember you telling me that Spartan eats Nutro Lamb and Rice i think it is?? Mason won some over the weekend ( 2 bags) and I see that it has chicken fat in it? I can't remember if Spartan was allergic to chicken, if he is does the fat not affect him? I would like to have a bit of kibble in the cupboard for nights like tonight when I have no veggies to go with his meat ( I must now go to the shop) :rofl:

Mas Spartan gets Natural Balance not Nutro unfortunately - he woudln't be able to have the Nutro because of the chicken fat (to this day for the life of me i cannot think why they would add a completely different fat/flavour to a specifically flavoured biscuit :rofl:) however before natural balance he had Advance turkey and rice which i think did have some chicken fat/flavour in it and he seemed to do fine on it... i found the alternative in natural balance however if i didn't have that i'd be feeding advance... if that's the case, perhaps Mason will be able to tolerate a small amount in the Nutro biscuit. You can only try it and see, like everything else!!

Valley you have to bring Lincoln out to the stall where I will be on Wednesday at the Royal, even if you don't Ill come find you to say hi! I am keen to see how much he has grown and if your in the ring when I'm not in the stall I will have my camera so will try for some pictures

Buddy is naked!!! He got all his hair shaved off the other day ahahhahaha

Tafe is really hectic at the moment, such long days and they are so intense but I am getting a massive kick out of seeing how well the dog does at the end of the day after I have been working with them

ST - I remember you telling me that Spartan eats Nutro Lamb and Rice i think it is?? Mason won some over the weekend ( 2 bags) and I see that it has chicken fat in it? I can't remember if Spartan was allergic to chicken, if he is does the fat not affect him? I would like to have a bit of kibble in the cupboard for nights like tonight when I have no veggies to go with his meat ( I must now go to the shop) :eek:

Mas Spartan gets Natural Balance not Nutro unfortunately - he woudln't be able to have the Nutro because of the chicken fat (to this day for the life of me i cannot think why they would add a completely different fat/flavour to a specifically flavoured biscuit ;)) however before natural balance he had Advance turkey and rice which i think did have some chicken fat/flavour in it and he seemed to do fine on it... i found the alternative in natural balance however if i didn't have that i'd be feeding advance... if that's the case, perhaps Mason will be able to tolerate a small amount in the Nutro biscuit. You can only try it and see, like everything else!!

I thought I had gotten something mixed up lol :o think I will give his Nutro to his mate and try some Natural Balance at a later stage, I dont like Advance, gave us loads of tummy problems for some reason. I have to watch kibble very carefully, he does a lot of bum scooting on kibble...

I started my day with a bit of a heart-in-the-mouth moment!

Banjo has been coming out to help feed the ponies some morning. He often decides to go down and visit Mum's dogs (well since Asha was in season anyway :eek: ) and since he and Boots have not been fighting through the fence I thought it would be a good way for them to get used to each other so didn't bother about it.

When I was ready to go back up Banjo didn't want to come, so I went down to grab him and saw that he was in the yard with Boots :o Dad had seen him and decided it was a good thing to do :D However, I am very proud of both boys as while Banjo was running around with his hackles and tail up they were pretty well ignoring each other and Banjo ran straight past Boots without a worry to get to the gate to come back out with me ;)

Smart enough to know when he's outgunned, glad it turned out okay bet your dad got a telling off. :(

LOL OzJen, I figured out what you were trying to say (ie if they don't have breed type then the other things don't matter), it is just fun to make fun of you :o

I am guessing vCBR is on the Wednesday :D So I might come and visit after I have finished with Diva :(

;) :eek:

Now why couldn't I put it that simply. :)

:D Hey I'm usually on your side emery, I don't agree with late night trading, except when I'm going away at 8am on Saturday morning and need to shop before then :thumbsup:

The city is open late night Friday :laugh: I feel for people like you emery (I did a 4 year stint at K-Mart) BUT I think Perth needs late night trading to become more vibrant and not dead after dark. :laugh:

Which one? Me too :rofl: I was layby chick extraordinaire! But it's been quite a few years since I worked there. I would like shops open every night too, especially supermarkets! Trying to get to a supermarket on a weekday after work before 6pm is almost impossible. I usually make it in 10 mins before it closes :laugh:

Edited by RubyStar

Plus you are being watched all the time (In the UK) :laugh:

:thumbsup: Do mean cctv cameras? I've never really lived in the big cities where these are now omnipresent, so haven't had that feeling of big brother watching me all the time :laugh: However I've yet to go to a shop in the UK where they routinely search bags as you leave :rofl:

ps not really having a dig, I'm loving it here so far :D

I love how in the UK you can (apparently?) take your dogs into most shops, just not food shops. So it is not strange to take your dog into the bank, the post office, on the train (tuuube?!), bus, etc. Wish we were a country that loved our dogs more!

i feed a brand of dog food called black hawk dogs do great on it :laugh: it doesn't have chicken fat well i don't think it does its late rofl.

thanks for the well wishes re job fingers are crossed :thumbsup:

who will be at the royal on the saturday the first day?? i am coming wit my family :D

:D Hey I'm usually on your side emery, I don't agree with late night trading, except when I'm going away at 8am on Saturday morning and need to shop before then :thumbsup:

The city is open late night Friday :laugh: I feel for people like you emery (I did a 4 year stint at K-Mart) BUT I think Perth needs late night trading to become more vibrant and not dead after dark. :laugh:

Which one? Me too :rofl: I was layby chick extraordinaire! Bu it's been quite a few years since I worked there. I would like shops open every night too, especially supermarkets! Trying to get to a supermarket on a weekday after work before 6pm is almost impossible. I usually make it in 10 mins before it closes :laugh:

most coles understand that people work we never normally pull our doors down before half six for this reason and people are still welcome in D: