Western Australian Thread

Lab_Rat

I was recently in Europe and stayed with someone with dogs. The dog went in the shops, the restaurants, on the tube and on the ferry in venice! It was great : :D

Plus you are being watched all the time (In the UK) :rofl:

:thumbsup: Do mean cctv cameras? I've never really lived in the big cities where these are now omnipresent, so haven't had that feeling of big brother watching me all the time :laugh: However I've yet to go to a shop in the UK where they routinely search bags as you leave :laugh:

ps not really having a dig, I'm loving it here so far :laugh:

I love how in the UK you can (apparently?) take your dogs into most shops, just not food shops. So it is not strange to take your dog into the bank, the post office, on the train (tuuube?!), bus, etc. Wish we were a country that loved our dogs more!

Edited by washa

:laugh: Hey I'm usually on your side emery, I don't agree with late night trading, except when I'm going away at 8am on Saturday morning and need to shop before then :thumbsup:

The city is open late night Friday :o I feel for people like you emery (I did a 4 year stint at K-Mart) BUT I think Perth needs late night trading to become more vibrant and not dead after dark. :rofl:

Which one? Me too :D I was layby chick extraordinaire! But it's been quite a few years since I worked there. I would like shops open every night too, especially supermarkets! Trying to get to a supermarket on a weekday after work before 6pm is almost impossible. I usually make it in 10 mins before it closes :laugh:

K-Mart Midland I was the fitting room girl :laugh:

Your laundry looks great now! We have some before and after pics of of our place that are just shocking... and a whole heap of "during" ones at the moment too. :D

Thanks Rubystar for the little present last night - it went down a treat with a bag of popcorn and some chocolate.

Made me forget all about Soggy dropping in her sit stays :laugh:

I think the dropping in sit stays is like a virus - it seems catching :thumbsup: All i can say is that my perseverance with my dog paid off, I was just about ready to give up with sit stays but he seems to get the fact that he must SIT and not lay down in a sit stay now :) We are class 3 now which is a trial class so we had better pull our socks up - I have been doing quite a bit of work this week with Mason.

Edited by Mas1981

Dear Ptolomy -

Have express posted one sit stay addressed to Soggy - Ness says please take care of it she will need it for the October long weekend but you can have it on loan until then.

Signed,

Ness

PS. Will trade for one sit up in silent signals and one set of non broken articles.

Edited by ness

I made a thread that went poof! :thumbsup: There is an 18mth old unsterilized St Bernard bitch advertised at my local IGA and I made a thread in rescue asking if anyone knew who to contact and it went poof :laugh: But I found the St Bernard clubs email so I have emailed them and if anyone here knows anyone who may know anything better let me know. :bottom: I hate the thought of her becoming a puppy factory and they want $1200 for her I am sure people will see $$ :)

The Paw House is owned by a DOLer PD888 - with some fancy music symbols either side that I can't do!

Midland Army Surplus was the best place for Docs when I was at school

And RS that is a very ordinary tiling job that your laundry had!

Goodluck at the royal everyone :eek:

That's just fugly!!!!!!! Did they pull up the old tiles or just tile over it? Looks good now!

Tiling the laundry - ripped out all the old tiles from the wall and floor a couple of weeks ago - I didn't like the colour :confused:

This was my old laundry floor, bet you can't beat this for ugliness :eek:

6413_110003338035_585378035_2308977_6284393_n.jpg

6413_110003318035_585378035_2308975_6279390_n.jpg

Had it tiled recently, now it looks like this:

7441104_20.jpeg

Took Sophie to the vet for her cartrophen injection tonight, she has still been slightly lame so she may have torn her cruciate after all :confused: , will have to wait and see. Three vets on at Swan tonight and omg it was still so busy :eek: .

Took Sophie to the vet for her cartrophen injection tonight, she has still been slightly lame so she may have torn her cruciate after all ;) , will have to wait and see. Three vets on at Swan tonight and omg it was still so busy :thumbsup: .

ITS ALWAYS BUSY ROFL oops sorry caps lockstuck :)

Thanks Rubystar for the little present last night - it went down a treat with a bag of popcorn and some chocolate.

Made me forget all about Soggy dropping in her sit stays ;)

No worries, glad it went to such a good use :thumbsup:

Don't let mirawee near your dogs, she breaks perfectly good down stays for some sick personal amusement :(:) :)

Your laundry looks great now! We have some before and after pics of of our place that are just shocking... and a whole heap of "during" ones at the moment too. :)

I have a stack of before and afters, but need to take a stack more now that most reno jobs are done!

And RS that is a very ordinary tiling job that your laundry had!
That's just fugly!!!!!!! Did they pull up the old tiles or just tile over it? Looks good now!

:( Well it was a 1950's job. Sure they had different tastes back then, but even so, how could you possibly think using 3 different tiles (and in such a small area) is appealing?! :) I can't believe I lived on it for 6 months before I arranged a tiler ;) (kinda had no choice, lack of $$!) The floor was levelled out with concrete as it sloped quite a bit and then the new tiles were put on straight over, so most of the old tiles were covered with the concrete. The sleepout had that wood floor look vinyl which was almost as bad, so I had that levelled as well and tiled the same as the laundry (as its the room right next to the laundry). Getting rid of that and the purple walls/apricot trims has made a world of difference!! :thumbsup:

Edited by RubyStar

Don't let mirawee near your dogs, she breaks perfectly good down stays for some sick personal amusement :(:thumbsup::)

I think it is that same amusement that makes me enjoy torturing 5 year old kids at work :) I made a 5.5yo girl cry today ;)

Hopefully Soggy's sit stay and Millie's down stay are unbroken this weekend :)

Lots of good vibes being sent Sophie's way!

I think it is that same amusement that makes me enjoy torturing 5 year old kids at work :thumbsup: I made a 5.5yo girl cry today ;)

What a meanie!!! :)

I should be there, Rach :(

P.S. if you have gotten it back, you should bring your training assignment with you where you featured Ruby, still would love to see it!

Edited by RubyStar