Western Australian Thread

Lab_Rat

Yep if my regular vet hears the murmur as well I will probably get the echo and/or x-ray so I know exactly what I'm dealing with, but she's never been short of energy previously, that's for sure :D :thumbsup: And I've never heard her cough.

I had a heart ultrasound done on Cider not long after I got her as it was discovered that her dad had a heart murmur. I had it done at Champion Lakes Vet and from memory it was $300+ :(

17 Jan for the show

7 Feb for dog sports

Show dog - just out of interest it is common for international judges not to award a challenge for a dog under 12 months?

I know you didn't ask me, but I will answer anyway :D

It certainly isn't unusual for judges to give that reason for non-awarding a dog under 12 months. But I have only had it happen to me once or twice and have had other international judges give them the CC. Of course in breeds with more than 1 dog competing it is less common as they just give it to the older dogs :thumbsup:

Has anybody's elses dopey dogs tried to eat a spider?

I was about to hose a bucket out this morning that had a daddy long legs in it when Ruby stuck her head in it and ate the spider!! I had the hose in my hand so I stuck it in her mouth to try and flush it out but not sure where it went! I think she might have swallowed it :thumbsup: What are the chances of it biting her? I know they find it hard to bite cos of their long legs, but who knows when it comes to being eaten! I do need to start charging rent to daddy long legs, they all take up residence in my home!

I was about to hose a bucket out this morning that had a daddy long legs in it when Ruby stuck her head in it and ate the spider!! I had the hose in my hand so I stuck it in her mouth to try and flush it out but not sure where it went! I think she might have swallowed it :) What are the chances of it biting her? I know they find it hard to bite cos of their long legs, but who knows when it comes to being eaten! I do need to start charging rent to daddy long legs, they all take up residence in my home!

What, dogs aren't meant to eat spiders? :(:laugh:

Daddy long legs can't penetrate skin with their fangs, so the chances of it biting her are pretty slim. Plus you would have drowned it anyway :thumbsup:

I was about to hose a bucket out this morning that had a daddy long legs in it when Ruby stuck her head in it and ate the spider!! I had the hose in my hand so I stuck it in her mouth to try and flush it out but not sure where it went! I think she might have swallowed it :mad What are the chances of it biting her? I know they find it hard to bite cos of their long legs, but who knows when it comes to being eaten! I do need to start charging rent to daddy long legs, they all take up residence in my home!

What, dogs aren't meant to eat spiders? :):(

Daddy long legs can't penetrate skin with their fangs, so the chances of it biting her are pretty slim. Plus you would have drowned it anyway :thumbsup:

I'm reminded of that childhood song about swallowing a fly and so on and so forth...

The hose was pretty strong, it was on jetstream or something and she didn't really enjoy it (but didn't complain, either). Stupid dog!! :laugh: She tried to eat a bee the other day :rofl:

17 Jan for the show

7 Feb for dog sports

Show dog - just out of interest it is common for international judges not to award a challenge for a dog under 12 months?

I know you didn't ask me, but I will answer anyway :laugh:

It certainly isn't unusual for judges to give that reason for non-awarding a dog under 12 months. But I have only had it happen to me once or twice and have had other international judges give them the CC. Of course in breeds with more than 1 dog competing it is less common as they just give it to the older dogs :thumbsup:

I have never had a young dog non awarded BUT do now plenty of judges who have & have given age the reason .I have had an older dog NA but that is a whole topic again .

Some countries don't show pups so find it hard to figure out what to do with youngster but they should judge the Aussie way .

I don't think this year's judges will be serial NA

17 Jan for the show

7 Feb for dog sports

I know you didn't ask me, but I will answer anyway :laugh:

I have never had a young dog non awarded BUT do now plenty of judges who have & have given age the reason .I have had an older dog NA but that is a whole topic again .

Some countries don't show pups so find it hard to figure out what to do with youngster but they should judge the Aussie way .

I havent had too many issues either, the odd one here and there but i think that was due to the dog going thru the ganglies too...

I have also had a Minor (7 month) old dog awarded a nice BOB, shortlisted for group and he went on the win Minor in Show at the classic...

17 Jan for the show

7 Feb for dog sports

I know you didn't ask me, but I will answer anyway :(

If I am right in knowing which time you are talking about, wasn't that an interesting day! :laugh:

17 Jan for the show

7 Feb for dog sports

I know you didn't ask me, but I will answer anyway :(

If I am right in knowing which time you are talking about, wasn't that an interesting day! :laugh:

Same judge is on a panel that is often shared with WA ,me hopes she isn't one of the judges & if she is not doing 3 .

Whilst not getting a good reason from her & am happy i caught her out on her attempt to claim she didn't speak english,one needs to remember who they spoke good English too on previous visit especially when we where asked to bring dogs down for her to see specifically & discuss.

But i still have my reasons for the whole fiasco of that day

Has anyone else seen this ad on gumtree?

"hey need to get rid of my female rotti, she is 11 years old pure breed docked tail. very gentle nature brought up with kids and loves them she is very placid and calm not very active due to age."

How sad for the poor old girl. Been with her family 11yrs and now they want to "get rid of" her :laugh: I wish I was in a position to take her in.

Hello everyone, I'm soon to be adopting a gorgeous Finnish Lapphund from Taigakoira Kennels over East. I'm taking tomorrow to scope out vets in Perth and I would like some recommendations from you experienced Western Australian DOLers!

Thanks in advance!

Hello everyone, I'm soon to be adopting a gorgeous Finnish Lapphund from Taigakoira Kennels over East. I'm taking tomorrow to scope out vets in Perth and I would like some recommendations from you experienced Western Australian DOLers!

Thanks in advance!

Thanks in advance!

Perth is pretty big :laugh: Which area are you in?