Western Australian Thread

Lab_Rat

I like pubs where you can still hear the conversation. I've been dragged to nightclubs a few times before and absolutely hated every second of it! These days I prefer dog trials/shows where you can sit with like-minded buddies and our dogs with some drinkies and snacks! :confused:

I dont mind watching a bit of obedience or agility but I dont enjoy watching dog shows - think its different if your dog is involved but I would take great offense if someone did not like my dogs physique :D

I think it depends on the company you're in, too. I had a great night NYE with Ptolomy and RallyValley, and catching up with mirawee and ozjen. If I had to sit by myself and then get told my dog is crap well I wouldn't like that either :) But if you're with others (and your dog is still crap) well you've had a great night! :eek:

Nay, we still don't like people thinking our dogs are crap. But yes good company can lessen the blow. :o

Agreed :( I'm hoping when I get my showdog one day that we might do a half decent job :D :D Being called crap I would just take straight to heart - but as long as my showing party have drinks and chips n dip waiting for me to console me then it's all good :)

I like pubs where you can still hear the conversation. I've been dragged to nightclubs a few times before and absolutely hated every second of it! These days I prefer dog trials/shows where you can sit with like-minded buddies and our dogs with some drinkies and snacks! :confused:

I dont mind watching a bit of obedience or agility but I dont enjoy watching dog shows - think its different if your dog is involved but I would take great offense if someone did not like my dogs physique :D

I think it depends on the company you're in, too. I had a great night NYE with Ptolomy and RallyValley, and catching up with mirawee and ozjen. If I had to sit by myself and then get told my dog is crap well I wouldn't like that either :) But if you're with others (and your dog is still crap) well you've had a great night! :eek:

Nay, we still don't like people thinking our dogs are crap. But yes good company can lessen the blow. :o

Agreed :( I'm hoping when I get my showdog one day that we might do a half decent job :D :D Being called crap I would just take straight to heart - but as long as my showing party have drinks and chips n dip waiting for me to console me then it's all good :)

You must remember that it's not you "doing a bad job" if you don't get put up just that on that day the judge thinks another dog has nicer conformation then yours which is just one person's opinion, and at the end of the day everyone except the BIS winner is a loser so you aren't alone. ;)

You must remember that it's not you "doing a bad job" if you don't get put up just that on that day the judge thinks another dog has nicer conformation then yours which is just one person's opinion, and at the end of the day everyone except the BIS winner is a loser so you aren't alone. :eek:

Yeah, it just means it is a bad judge who obviously wouldn't know a good dog if they tripped over it :confused: Coz of course any Aussie you own would be perfect RS :o

*Note: the above is said firmly tongue in cheek*

Emery or any other Rotty people who frequent the WA thread....

Is there a WA Rotty rescue? A friend has just told me that someone she knows wants to give away two male Rotties - preferably together as they are father and son! Father is registered, son isn't.

Any suggestions. Both are likely not currently sterilised...

Went to Penguin Island today - How cool is that place :laugh:

I don't think I even own a skirt, and certainly not a dress :love::laugh: The last time I got drunk was about 15yrs ago at uni :) I am SO middle aged now, give me crocs, jeans and a cider, over a skirt, high heels and a vodka any day :eek:

:love: :love: You sound sooooo much like me CC!!!! I definitely dont have any skirts, and my wedding dress is prob'ly the only dress I have!!

MMMMmmmmmm jeans & cider!!! Yep - thats me!!

Im a pretty pathetic drinker really, always leaving have empty stubbies around :) Did used to be quite reasonable at it though - we built a wall of Jacks & Beam bottles when I was in my early 20's..........Bloody hell!!!

Never got into the Club scene though, lived too far away from any :eek:

Emery or any other Rotty people who frequent the WA thread....

Is there a WA Rotty rescue? A friend has just told me that someone she knows wants to give away two male Rotties - preferably together as they are father and son! Father is registered, son isn't.

Any suggestions. Both are likely not currently sterilised...

There's West Coast Rottweiler rescue. They have a website if you google.

ETAL http://www.rotttweilerrescuewa.com/

mim beat me to it lol. marcelle runs the rotti rescue and she is great will try and help out in any way possible but is a little full at the moment hope she can help in some way.

poor rottis :laugh:

Oh gee...all this talk about not drinking much makes me feel bad....I'm a sucker for a couple of glasses of red, or white, or champagne and between OH and I, we can easily finish off 2 bottles of wine in a sitting and not feel like we have overdone it!

I'm currently plotting how much money I can spend in 2011...and its adding up fast! A wedding and a puppy plus OH is looking at replacing a car - he's currently outside washing one to put on carsales :D

We'll be totally broke by December.

Hopefully :crossfingers:

Definately same breed - we're hooked. We've been up and down the Leighton dog beach so many times and debated heaps of different breeds but when we see a GSP...its love! Which is totally insane because we know they are crazy! We have contacted Leila's breeder to express an interest in a litter early this year but have started thinking about looking a bit further away. I think it might be nice to get something totally different from the eastern states. I'm procrastinating about sending an email about a litter that is planned for this year....its a bit scary but really exciting.

The wedding on the other hand is a money sink and I have a need to have everything organised but dont like organising if that makes sense! OH does events co-ordination as part of his job but is not being helpful at all. I need a big stick!