Western Australian Thread

Lab_Rat

RS, I have a 3/4 acre paddock that is pretty well puppy proof ;)

Is that an offer for a puppy play date at your place at some stage? :p

hi all

for months now, on and off, i have thought rosie was lame - uneven in her stride at the front. My OH just tells me that is how she has always moved. It seems worse when she first hops out of her bed. My problem is, if i take her somewhere to be checked, she would get so excited and is so pumped up that she would not show the lameness. ugh. i know from horses that intermittant lameness is the worst to diagnose!!! Sometimes she looks fine, sometimes she looks sore, but never for long. I keep wondering if i should stop agility and worry that that is why she has stopped wanting to weave.

mason - could you pm me with information regarding the person you see for your dogs? thanks.

I hope Rosie is ok!

if i take her somewhere to be checked, she would get so excited and is so pumped up that she would not show the lameness.

mason - could you pm me with information regarding the person you see for your dogs? thanks.

Hi Rosie :)

I have a similar problem, but Electra is so submissive when she goes, she barley moves :(

I've taken short videos of her at home, and uploaded them, so Deb can see exactly what I'm trying to explain to her ;)

Hey mirawee there is a lappie pup in our puppy class, from QLD.

That would be Taavi :D He is "my" new show dog :laugh: Or at least I have been told I am showing him at his first show at the very least :thumbsup: Or I should say one of them as I met "my" other one, Anikka, last night who just arrived from Victoria :love: I am managing to get more Lappies in the ring in WA, but seem to have been nominated to show them :laugh: Both owners have been told they have to learn as well though :)

Oh and to answer your FB question as it is easier on here - Lappies don't get washed that often. Ours really only get washed before a show (and then usually a week before) or when absolutely needed :)

Edited by mirawee

Hey mirawee there is a lappie pup in our puppy class, from QLD.

That would be Taavi :D He is "my" new show dog :laugh: Or at least I have been told I am showing him at his first show at the very least :thumbsup: Or I should say one of them as I met "my" other one, Anikka, last night who just arrived from Victoria :love: I am managing to get more Lappies in the ring in WA, but seem to have been nominated to show them :laugh: Both owners have been told they have to learn as well though :)

Oh and to answer your FB question as it is easier on here - Lappies don't get washed that often. Ours really only get washed before a show (and then usually a week before) or when absolutely needed :)

wow we are supposed to wash dogs for shows? :o:laugh: i can't tell you the last time the rottens got a bath :rofl: i will try wash all three before the royal considering two are in season :)

Lappy puppies are very cute and fluffy :love: You think they are huge until you pick them up :rofl:

wow we are supposed to wash dogs for shows? :o:laugh: i can't tell you the last time the rottens got a bath :rofl: i will try wash all three before the royal considering two are in season :)

Given my dogs live on acreage very definitely! But they only get shown occasionally now anyway. The other two regular show dogs get washed twice a year (for the Classic and the Royal - both times at least a week out as I get the honour of washing them :p) then get hot towelled before shows. Arlo I think gets washed every month or two. He won't be getting washed again before the Royal which means he would be about a month from his last bath :)

Banjo gets washed before nearly every show but then again he gets into mischief on the farm :laugh:

Lappy puppies are very cute and fluffy :love: You think they are huge until you pick them up :rofl:

Given my dogs live on acreage very definitely! But they only get shown occasionally now anyway. The other two regular show dogs get washed twice a year (for the Classic and the Royal - both times at least a week out as I get the honour of washing them :p) then get hot towelled before shows. Arlo I think gets washed every month or two. He won't be getting washed again before the Royal which means he would be about a month from his last bath :)

Banjo gets washed before nearly every show but then again he gets into mischief on the farm :laugh:

Hehehehe i just been slack if they rottens are really dirty they will get washed a day or two before a show otherwise yep a hot towel works wonders :) or baby wipes if i forget the towel

i love wash and wear dogs :) but as they are likely to get pat by the public at the royal i will ensure they are clean :)

Yup :) is Taavi's owner a first time dog owner?

She has had a family dog previously but I am sure he was a teenager when he died last year so she would have been pretty young when they got him. So you could basically say she is a first time puppy owner :)

Oh and I hope Taavi wasn't being taught auto sits!!! :rofl:

Edited by mirawee

Lappy puppys are great to cuddle :) I got to have cuddles from Taavi and his sister Lumi on Sunday and then from Anikka yesterday :D Can't wait until I get my own - although it will live at my parents' so they will get to do the toilet runs :laugh: