Western Australian Thread

Lab_Rat

I am bummed about the weather - I was looking forward to wearing something summery for casual friday and I ended up in jeans!!

I am so happy - i have been having some issues with lulu not being able to tolerate advance puppy, so a couple of days ago I took the plunge and switched her to full raw and the change in two days has been unbelieveable. i did think about trying her on different dry foods, but i have been toying with the idea of full raw diets for a long time (I have always fed a 50/50 raw-dry mix) so i have made the switch for her out of necessity and I will gradually start changing the others over when I can find some suitable suppliers for bones.

Just getting us back to page 1..... all is well here in our 2 dog household, I really think Mason is enjoying the company even tho Gibbs can annoy him at times lol.

Is it me or is it really humid today?

Pippa is annoying the poo outta my girls but Ruby is now playing with her heaps, even though she likes to nip at their tails and legs!!

I am bummed about the weather - I was looking forward to wearing something summery for casual friday and I ended up in jeans!!

:( I wore a skirt to work yesterday for the first time in MONTHS, and then it rained laugh.gif But it wasn't cold so it was all good!

I don't think we'll be training today ST. Weather isn't the best and I have some shopping and eye test to do this arvo. Can't do next Friday, either :o But we'll catch up again soon!!

Sparky Tansy i did only raw with Mason for ages, i just worried that i wasnt feeding enough variety so he gets a cup of Canidae now along with his meat bones yoghurt fruit etc. Are u doing veg etc for her as well?? Mason could not eat Advance it just did not agree with his stomach at all

I was a hardcore RAW feeder with my four dogs back in the UK.....raw green tripe for breakfast, I got deer carcasses, rabbits and goose necks from a local hunter, pigs heads and lights (lungs and trachea) from my dog groomer when she sent her pigs to the slaughter, off cuts and offal from the butchers, and I used to blitz up a veg mix for them and freeze in ice cubes too :thumbsup:

Over here I have fallen into the lazy option with just the two littlies....Big Dog patties :o but I also feed lamb ribs, heart and kidney :)

did you notice any health benefits for the dogs ?

Hard to say as I pretty much swapped them over to raw as soon as they arrived with me. I started it as my cocker pup really wasn't showing much interest in his food around the 4-5 month stage, I read about raw on a forum, researched it and it just seemed to make sense :) He soon started really enjoying his food again, so the 3 adult rescues that arrived after him got it too :D

All I can say is that they were all fit and healthy, no allergies and the only vet trips were due to accidents, not illnesses :) Although that may have been due to the bracing Scottish climate and regular swims in the North Sea :laugh:

BIg Celebrations here tonight - for the first time in just over 5 months Scootas blood test results are normal - he no longer has liver failure.

Raising a glass to Fleur at Murdoch and to everybody that has asked how he is going along the way. It really was appreciated :thumbsup:

and to my little red man well he will be having a JACKPOT tonight Goodonya Moo :D

BIg Celebrations here tonight - for the first time in just over 5 months Scootas blood test results are normal - he no longer has liver failure.

Raising a glass to Fleur at Murdoch and to everybody that has asked how he is going along the way. It really was appreciated :thumbsup:

and to my little red man well he will be having a JACKPOT tonight Goodonya Moo :D

:thumbsup: Massive Congratulations Ptolomy and Scoota!!!! :D