Western Australian Thread

Lab_Rat

As long as it's not hot 11am should be fine. Plus I can always set my cabana up for some extra shade.

BTW mum claimed the jacket for the Brittany boy she will one day own. ;)

ETA - ST both babies look great! You can see why they are taking out baby puppy every show :thumbsup: Can you train Zora to stack so nicely please :)

Edited by RallyValley

Great photos of your babies, ST!

11am sounds good to me. And the idea of each bringing a plate of food sounds good, mini picnic at RV's! Last time we did that at that place in Murdoch (I forget the name now) it was great fun! But we sure did have an abundance of food laugh.gif

That was at Piney Lakes wasn't it RS? it was good fun but way too much food!! I'd say if we bring a (singular) plate each it should be plenty.

Roll call for the Puppy party/DOL meet at RV's

SparkyTansy

RallyValley (obv) RubyStar

Mason_Gibbs

RoxyNHemi

CrazyCresties

RosieFT

Boxagirl

Sorry if i have forgotten anyone - add your name to the list!!

Edited by SparkyTansy

ST those babies are looking fabulous!! Very definitely male and female too, which is nice to see - you should be super proud!! :thumbsup:

My baby is doing super well, he has everyone wrapped around his little paws :D

Practicing being a show dog:

IMG_7718-1.jpg

PF he is just so gorgeous!!! I love his colour - what would you call that?

When is his first show? I havent got any shows til the royal :(

I'm very proud of the babies that's for sure - they look like male and female but Lulu is still the same size and a bit heavier than JT so fingers crossed he does some growing soon and she stops!!!

I need to get my baby to practice for shows - still not 100% sure what I need to teach beside the nice stand?? Do i need to train him to run nicely :rofl: :rofl: ??

I think they call it gaiting? :olaugh.gif

Get him used to getting his tail trimmed, too! I've been trimming the end of Ruby's tail in a rounded "otter" shape since she was a puppy, looks nicer than the pointy end. Millie won't really let me near hers, so I only get the very tip so it doesn't look the same! But then again, her tail isn't very "otterish" while Ruby's is so I don't think it would really help her! I remember a Labrador showie trimming Ruby's tail for me at 3 months old, the little wriggly worm wouldn't stand still laugh.gif

PF - your baby whippet is gorgeous!

ST - I think Boxagirl wanted to come, too.

Mason_Gibbs at this stage if you can get him to trot nicely on a loose lead without throwing a hissy fit, that's all you need. Ask your breeder what lead to buy to start him out...

I know it's quite a distance away, but getting to a couple of show classes on a Thursday night will really benefit you.

Hmm improptu DOL meet at mine :laugh: How does around 10am sound?

Sounds too early to me rofl1.gif

You lazy bum :laugh:

Hmm MG not sure... Maybe if friendly adults want to come we can put up a puppy pen if it gets too much for the littlies or big ones can go on leash.

Although Louis did really well at yours the other day, I don't think either of mine really qualify as friendly adults :rofl: so they will be staying at home :)

Yes they definitely need something to smooth their coats down for the show ring. ;)

It needs to be pressed too, you can see that at the back :o

So cute, good effort RV :thumbsup: I wouldn't even attempt something like that, I am not naturally arty or crafty :laugh:

Just cos I am a bit proud, and because the thread is lacking in photos lately...

JT on the weekend

and Lulu

ST, you should rightly be proud....they are growing up into the most gorgeous dogs :thumbsup::love:

OMG way too adorable :love: :love: I love 'pointy dogs' :D

A question for you, and OSO as well....are there any Whippet meets around Perth? does anyone hold any fun race days, as I'd love to go along and try to take some pics if there are :)

ST those babies are looking fabulous!! Very definitely male and female too, which is nice to see - you should be super proud!! :thumbsup:

:love: Oh my gosh that's a gorgeous dog! I can see why people would be butter in his paws :D

Edited by Weasels

I need to get my baby to practice for shows - still not 100% sure what I need to teach beside the nice stand?? Do i need to train him to run nicely :rofl: :rofl: ??

Did I miss it? Are you showing Gibbs!

I may try i need to courage to do it as i know nothing about showing

313759_2183934650833_1620990122_2233315_127564652_n.jpg

Booker at the park battling with his long lead :laugh:

mybabies.jpg

Bondi and Booker enjoying the open space :)

ETA: Booker has his first show training class tonight in preparation for his first show on sunday- going to be interesting :o

post-4216-0-73625000-1315467483_thumb.jpg

Edited by boxagirl

omg Mas Gibbs is SO CUTE!!!! i love that little butterball photo at the end *drool* :love:

I love all the lab colours, but there is something so clean and fresh about a yellow lab puppy!!!

Boxagirl - GOOD LUCK with your first show!!!! Love that first photo of Booker with his crazy boxer eyes!!