Western Australian Thread

Lab_Rat

nawww Eccles is super cute!!! :-)

Thanks Rosie !! you sure will meet my Eccles too I think :) Thanks everyone for nice comments, yep he changed to a girl and we love her. I can't wait to bring her down and show her off. Wondering how Mr Guinness will be with her he isn't brilliant with puppies :laugh: Loves them when they grow though :thumbsup:

I got my Canine News yesterday ;)

Rusky, Eccles is gorgeous!

Poo-Fong, love the new bed (and the dog lying on it :D)

Well I showed yesterday under both the German and UK judge and didn't have a problem with how either went over the dogs :thumbsup: German judge checked dentition by opening the lips and running his fingers over teeth to count so none of the dog complained and the UK judge got us to show full dentition ourselves. In fact my only complaint about the two judges was that I couldn't understand the sign language that the UK judge was using to indicate what she wanted us to do :o And it didn't help that every time I went into the ring under her in breed classes I was the first one so had to try and interpret it :laugh:

I am very glad the Royal is over for another year though :rofl:

I got my Canine News yesterday
so did I and happy about all the trials coming up :thumbsup:
Poo-Fong, love the new bed (and the dog lying on it
so do I well done it looks beautiful and very comfy, I think you are clever

OK a very quick post as i am wrecked and sore lol.

Showed under the german judge he was absolutely lovely, talks to the dogs, counted teethe by moving lips and running fingers across and was all round a lovely judge, would show uner him again :D

showed 4 of 5 dogs today chance cut his pad just after arriving and wasn't weight bearing so had to be scratched :(

Kelari came 2nd out of three but judge gave her a good look over but i noticed in photos she paced sigh lol

Chandra came 3 out of 3 but again got a good look over Tough class :)

the two pups i show the bitch came first and the boy 3rd :)

DSC03068.jpg

Its not the best photo as she doesnt stay still for long... unless she is sleeping

Drumbeat, I have been helping with showing Lakelands for about 6 months now. I really like the spunk they have. This opportunity presented itself and I took it on.

Ptolomy - i only picked her up last night, she is from a WA breeder. I have been hiding the fact I have been getting her for a few weeks tho - which has been soo hard!

Desperate to see more photos..I missed this, thankyou Amypie!! :D

Gorgeous stunning pup! Lucky you!

Showed under the german judge he was absolutely lovely, talks to the dogs, counted teethe by moving lips and running fingers across and was all round a lovely judge, would show uner him again :D

showed 4 of 5 dogs today chance cut his pad just after arriving and wasn't weight bearing so had to be scratched :(

Kelari came 2nd out of three but judge gave her a good look over but i noticed in photos she paced sigh lol

Some people just crack the poops when they lose!! I believe!! Well done emery!

Eeeekkk help my puppy is going through a real hyper phase he is like a pup on red bull lol!!!

What is he being fed? A friend's pup was hypo on Eukanuba dog food but calmed down once that was changed :laugh: Of course some dogs are just full on anyway and puppies in particular :rofl:

Firstly, I didn't "lose" as such, I was Baby of Breed (ok, he was unopposed but still ;p) Had I gone on to win Baby in Show under this guy my comments would still be the same. I have been showing for 20 years on and off, and the only time I have ever 'cracked the poops' as you put it is if I feel my dog hasn't been judged correctly, fairly or treated with respect. He was very nice to Jerry in as much as he talked to him etc, but I still maintain he was far too rough on his testicles. And no ifs, ands or buts - it is completely rude to ignore a dog and have a convo outside the ring whilst you are supposed to be judging it, regardless of what you do with that dog in the results.

Just my findings on the day, I am as entitled to state what I found with this judge as anyone else. No poop cracking here ;)

Well done on your day Emery :thumbsup: , and sorry that Chance hurt his foot... what a bummer! :( Hope he's much better now.

Edited to remove post from the existing quote :)

Edited by Poo-Fong

Eeeekkk help my puppy is going through a real hyper phase he is like a pup on red bull lol!!!

What is he being fed? A friend's pup was hypo on Eukanuba dog food but calmed down once that was changed :laugh: Of course some dogs are just full on anyway and puppies in particular :rofl:

My Mum reckons my dogs go hypo after they have eaten their biscuits... but I say it's just because she was feeding them about 6pm which is their pre-programmed hypo time :rofl:

She says they are on racehorse food when they should be on pony food :rofl:

Oso - cushion is filled with polyfill (white stuffing stuff :))

Half-made a long cushion for my daughter's bed last night, it is very theraputic sitting on the couch tying knots :laugh:

How do you make them? No sewing?

Yep, no sewing which is the only reason I gave it a go - Martha Stewart I ain't! LOL! Basically you cut two pieces of polar fleece the same size, cut 4" long x 1.5" wide strips all around the edge (cutting out 4" squares on each corner if you are doing a square or rectangle) and then just tie the strips up! Leave one side open enough to stuff with fluff and voila! one cushiony dog bed. Super easy! :D

Have a look here - they make a round one but I wanted to do rectangular - same principle though.

Thanks wazzat yes well there were a few that cracked the poops :laugh: but there will always be no matter who the judge is :D

Firstly, I didn't "lose" as such, I was Baby of Breed (ok, he was unopposed but still ;p) Had I gone on to win Baby in Show under this guy my comments would still be the same. I have been showing for 20 years on and off, and the only time I have ever 'cracked the poops' as you put it is if I feel my dog hasn't been judged correctly, fairly or treated with respect. He was very nice to Jerry in as much as he talked to him etc, but I still maintain he was far too rough on his testicles. And no ifs, ands or buts - it is completely rude to ignore a dog and have a convo outside the ring whilst you are supposed to be judging it, regardless of what you do with that dog in the results.

Just my findings on the day, I am as entitled to state what I found with this judge as anyone else. No poop cracking here ;)

Well done on your day Emery :thumbsup: , and sorry that Chance hurt his foot... what a bummer! :( Hope he's much better now.

Poo fong we are all entitled to state how we saw the judge :) I am sorry you felt he was rough with your boy and you got ignored i watched the judge to ensure he was watching as i have been taught if the judge isn't watching to stop and wait bue he did pay attention it was the stewared who wasn't rofl. judge had to ask him to come award sashes :rofl:

thanks he seems to be walking better now yesterday he was a typical male tiniest cut but it was the end of the world lol bit like man flu :D

pics to come :D

keep ya knickers on Poo Yong it wasnt directed at YOU it was from all the whiners about tyhe German Judge who is in fact an excellent Judge ( so sorry you took offence it was not a9imed at any person just the general feeling from the WHOLE Dog community!!)