Western Australian Thread

Lab_Rat

I've never been to the dog trial in Geraldton - I'm assuming the show and trials are all on the same ground? Has anyone camped there before?

Plenty camp there especially now its harder to find accommodation.

The 2 events are next door to each other but separate sections .

Im staying home this show things to do at home & quality with my very old boy

Ive just joined Midland, they do obedience for all levels, Rally o, dancing with dogs, and Agility. Training is on a Tuesday night, its a lovely club, not too big, & the instructors are awesome. :)

Is the agility on Tuesday nights as well? I am tempted to rejoin Midland rather than going to ACWA :o

Ive just joined Midland, they do obedience for all levels, Rally o, dancing with dogs, and Agility. Training is on a Tuesday night, its a lovely club, not too big, & the instructors are awesome. :)

Is the agility on Tuesday nights as well? I am tempted to rejoin Midland rather than going to ACWA :o

It's so much closer!! I wan to know more about their Rally O classes :)

http://midlanddogtraining.com/

Rally-O is every second week on Tuesdays. Agility is on Thurs nights M - Check out the schedule in the link

Yes - I am happy with the instructors to date

My newsletter says it is on alternating Thursday evenings with the dancing with dogs.Not Tuesdays like I had thought, oops. The dates Ive got are 17th May (tonight), 31st May, 14th June, 5th July, 19th July,2nd Aug,16th Aug. They start at 6.30pm. :)

THe rally o class starts at 7pm on a Tuesday night, I think Paul Skewes (their vice president) takes it, but Im not 100% sure. They had a lot of people doing it last week, it looks great. I have Pauls phone no if you want to have a chat with him about it :)

On another note - Midland Dog Club are having an open day on 29th May, showing off all disciplines

Might be worthwhile for those who are curious to come down and have a look

Oh I just saw that, starts at 6.30pm for the demo's and then you can have a go yourself too! Appearently its tracking,retrieving,obedience,agility, DWD and RallyO. Id be keen to have a look at the tracking

Why aren't they doing it on the weekend when people can actually get down to look - and when it won't be so cold? I don't even get home from work until 6.30pm if I leave at my "official" time :laugh:

On another note - Midland Dog Club are having an open day on 29th May, showing off all disciplines

Oh I just saw that, starts at 6.30pm for the demo's and then you can have a go yourself too! Appearently its tracking,retrieving,obedience,agility, DWD and RallyO. Id be keen to have a look at the tracking

Tracking is cool i have been going with a friend the last 2 sundays to give my 2 a go, mason isnt too good at it but Gibbs is!

Tracking is cool i have been going with a friend the last 2 sundays to give my 2 a go, mason isnt too good at it but Gibbs is!

Ooooh tracking closer to home hmmmmmmmmmm

Have they got new trainers i went to watch years ago and completley clashed with a trainer who to me had no idea, car fearing dog she told me to just pik him up and throw him in the car yeah thats gonna solve his fear NOT

What a fantastic day wish the weather was like this all year round thumbsup1.gif

Babies had their first official visitors today - a family who will be taking home one of the ginger ninjas. The two kids aged 9 and 6 were fantastic. They were only told this morning that they were getting a puppy. I was very impressed. Later we all went outside and the human kids threw balls for all the big kids - it was terrific to see a family having so much fun and the dogs enjoyed every minute of it. I am looking forward to seeing them again in 2 weeks time and I will sleep well tonight knowing that the baby will be going to a really good home biggrin.gif

Edited by Ptolomy

Oh that's not too bad if you get that amount of time and discount is offered. I might come down dogless and watch for a bit and see if it is something i want to pursue :D

:thumbsup: :)

I think last year they had some 'come & try' days at Bedfordale, I'll find out if there are any of those coming up and let you know :)

That would be awesome Thankyou :)

Emery the trial tomorrow & on the 23rd June at Bedfordale are open to spectators, I will try to find out if the trial next month has an open day for doggies to try too (there seems to be some confusion :))

Edited by Weasels

Great news Ptolomy :) do they know which one they will be taking home yet? I saw Mason at 1 week old and Gibbs i met at 3 weeks, meeting the litters at such a young age i will never forget both those moments :) happiest times of my life i think besides bringing them home

They will get one of the three - I did say today that I was 99% sure that they wouldn't get the boy - he needs an experienced handler otherwise the house is going to be ruled by a red dog with a white tail tip. They also know that I wont be testing the kids until they are 7 weeks and 4 days old - so until I decided which one is staying, they wont know which one they are getting - but they are cool with this. If its a girl they had always planned to call her Sandy banana.gif