Western Australian Thread

Lab_Rat

Congrats Rubystar!!! That is impressive, well done!

I dont know if anyone is interested but I got an email this morning from K9 pro, they have dog rehab stuff now. I know a lot of peeps have injured doggies atm so I thought Id mention it.

Hey does anyone have Sue Hogbens phone no?

I want to do some regular obedience training and I heard she does lessons. I joined Midland but my husbands shifts changed so I havent been able to get there except for a couple of nights , kids sport on the weekends and Im showing when I can too so I cant get to a Sunday club either.

I did a one of with Gina (amazing woman), which was awesome, but she doesnt have time to do anything on a regular basis & I want someone once a fortnight or so, to keep me motivated, on track and stop me from getting so sidetracked and confused (I think Im a bit ADD with my training, my poor dog).

I cant remember the ladys name but I think there is someone really good out Midland way who does obedience lessons too if Sue doesnt do regular ones?

Uni brags!! Final results day today! HD's all round, woot woot!!! :happydance2:

well done RS, what course are you doing RS and which uni? I miss uni, gotta go back next year, i think i have forgotten how to reference arrrrggghhhh

Edited by ncarter

Congrats Rubystar!!! That is impressive, well done!

well done RS, what course are you doing RS and which uni? I miss uni, gotta go back next year, i think i have forgotten how to reference arrrrggghhhh

Nick, I'm doing Health Science at Curtin. Want to get into OT.

Poor Rommi, hopefully she will keep improving.

Ness we really need to have words with Kenz about upsetting you don't we! Hopefully she gets her "act together" and starts mending properly.

Well done RS!

I cant remember the ladys name but I think there is someone really good out Midland way who does obedience lessons too if Sue doesnt do regular ones?

That would be Bedazzled ;)

Hmm yep the physio is a little like you could use something to work out couldn't you. I have pushed her up to 3 x 10-15 min walks a day. She is no worse for it and it doesn't impact on her random lameness episodes so we might as well. Admittedly one of those was only 700m - a few houses to the local oval and a bit of a wander around then a few houses home again. She is a little stir crazy.

The only other tell tale sign something isn't right is if you ask her to sit she stands there looking at you. Think its painful for her as she never use to be like that and when she does try to sit she really struggles to collect the knee underneath herself.

Edited by ness

Poor Rommi, hopefully she will keep improving.

Ness we really need to have words with Kenz about upsetting you don't we! Hopefully she gets her "act together" and starts mending properly.

Well done RS!

That would be Bedazzled ;)

Thx Mirawee I will PM her :o

Um I am going to Mandurah to visit my little brother and his new Fiancee (exciting :D ) and then sussing out a camping spot at Point Herron (anyone been there before?) then going to a concert, Busby Marou (romantic mush alert) then Sunday have an agility trial, Trixie's Masters Jumping Debut (should be entertaining :laugh: ). Was hoping to check out the open air ice skating rink in Freo tonight but not keen if it is going to rain :(

What about you ST?

That ice skating rink sounds really cool!! how long is it there for?

have a good time in Mandurah and Point Herron - i haven't been there but I hope you find a good spot for camping!

I've got a dog show tomorrow - Lulu's first one in ages as I have been very slack with entries and/or kept missing the close dates! then on Sunday not sure really I had plans to do some stuff around the house but now I'm heading to the OES champ show at 2pm... then i really want to clean out my car!!

There's an open air ice skating rink in Freo? NYC eat your heart out!! :rofl:

I've got a retrieving trial out in whoop whoop on Saturday (which I'm contemplating wagging, too cold for a 6am driving start with a dog who is likely to put us out on the first run with her hard mouth!) and on Sunday I am going to have a nice sleep in and hopefully do some gardening if the rain doesn't eventuate. But if it does, then SFA on Sunday is on the agenda! :D

Edited by RubyStar

Ice skating rink is there until 22 July - details here http://winterfestival.com.au/category/events/fremantle/

Yeah there's a free (in Winter) camping spot at Point Herron on the Harvey Estuary where you can take dogs, going to check it out and if it's any good for tent camping.

Oh good luck at the show, know what you mean about closing dates I missed a stack while in Sydney, this is our first trial since then, and then we don't have another until 4/5th April, probably won't enter the one on the 4th as it is my birthday :laugh:

That ice skating rink sounds really cool!! how long is it there for?

have a good time in Mandurah and Point Herron - i haven't been there but I hope you find a good spot for camping!

I've got a dog show tomorrow - Lulu's first one in ages as I have been very slack with entries and/or kept missing the close dates! then on Sunday not sure really I had plans to do some stuff around the house but now I'm heading to the OES champ show at 2pm... then i really want to clean out my car!!

Im at the show Saturday too.. Also have 2 x Terrier Club Open shows on Sunday. Am only entered in one of them tho, as Toris breeder is judging with other.

I am showing tomorrow as well :) First show for us in a month (when we were in Melbourne!)

Then sleep in on Sunday before going to a committee meeting - need to ride ponies and train dogs as well.

But may run out of time on Sunday as I am so tired as I have been staying up watching the Tour De France so am only getting about 5.5 hours of sleep a night :o 2 more weeks to go and then I will have the Olympics to keep me awake :eek:

House cleaning for me as we have a house inspection on Monday - exciting huh? :laugh:

If I get any spare time I hope to go through about a million pics that need editing - from agility, herding, surfing and finally got some off-lead pics of my two on a lovely walk at Chidlow last sunday :)

Guest RosieFT

I hope you are all ready for the onslaught of school holidays!!! Public schools begin this afternoon. No more peaceful shopping centers, movies, parks, LOL

My kids got great reports so I will let them out of their rooms occasionally this time.... JOKE! hee hee

might come camping at point peron just so it is not too quiet for Amypie... hmmmmmm won't it be FREEZING cold Amy?

yay i get 2 weeks holiday to spend with my kids :-)

I hope you are all ready for the onslaught of school holidays!!! Public schools begin this afternoon. No more peaceful shopping centers, movies, parks, LOL

Ahhh but the trains will be quieter, roads in peak hour quieter, no school kids to block the footpaths in the city. School holidays for me = BLISS :D