Western Australian Thread

Lab_Rat

Diva's little boy is absolutely stunning!!! I don't even know what is happening the day im going to the royal (29th) is anyone else there that day???

All i wanna see is the Xolos and some herding so wont be too an expensive day for me

I just want to say Rach! xcox

Why the 'Rach!' J?? hahah

And I havent actually watched an obedience trial before so going to have to find you guys and check that out, is it anywhere near the whole dog bit i get lost pretty easily :/ haha is Strauss competing? Haven't seen him since I managed to steal him for most of that agility show when he was a puppy! Haven't been around a show in a while and ended up with someones dog like I always used to haha

I look forward to seeing him all grown up! Has he got you well trained has he? I am really not looking to going far from the dog bit because its just so many people and stuff and that going on haha No interest in rides and showbags and all that anymore now im not a kid anymore and i see the absolute rip off like everything is I don't even know what the entry fee is anymore should probably see

Diva's little boy is absolutely stunning!!! I don't even know what is happening the day im going to the royal (29th) is anyone else there that day???

All i wanna see is the Xolos and some herding so wont be too an expensive day for me

I just want to say Rach! xcox

Why the 'Rach!' J?? hahah

And I havent actually watched an obedience trial before so going to have to find you guys and check that out, is it anywhere near the whole dog bit i get lost pretty easily :/ haha is Strauss competing? Haven't seen him since I managed to steal him for most of that agility show when he was a puppy! Haven't been around a show in a while and ended up with someones dog like I always used to haha

Sorry should have said SEE the Rach....... I have three helpers this year and if your around Rach would be great! so many questions, but lots of new breed info this year and a BIG sign for Ken! lolol

hey everyone! i hope you had a nice day - such lovely weather!!

Just a quick brag that I entered Lulu in the final track of the season, and she passed with a grading of Very good! I only started training her about 5 weeks ago because i could no longer do field work and thought why not. She was a replacement entry for Ari who came into season and well lets just say I wasn't exactly expecting her to pass!! so VERY proud!!

hey everyone! i hope you had a nice day - such lovely weather!!

Just a quick brag that I entered Lulu in the final track of the season, and she passed with a grading of Very good! I only started training her about 5 weeks ago because i could no longer do field work and thought why not. She was a replacement entry for Ari who came into season and well lets just say I wasn't exactly expecting her to pass!! so VERY proud!!

5 weeks training - wow very impressive and yes it was a lovely day to going walking in the bush - well done thumbsup1.gif

RS the awesome thing about tracking is that while it's better to start them young, you can start them at any age. A friend of mine started her 9yo weim at the same time as her young bitch, and he sailed through his tracks, passed every single one and gained his champ title this season... her young bitch is stuck on track 5! Thing is she only started her older boy because she didn't want to leave him at home alone!! anyway, so maybe once you are done with all your other pursuits with your girls you can try tracking :)

Thanks everyone :)

Is it easier or harder to train 2 dogs for it at the same time? How hard is it to find someone to lay tracks for each other? Are there new people starting out who can't find someone to help and lay tracks for each other and seem to drop out? My biggest struggle is finding a training partner in other sports, and this is one sport where you probably can't get far at all without someone else. Would love to try Millie on it, I think she'd really enjoy it - but I wouldn't want to leave Ruby out either, as she already gets left out often of the agility training side of things. If I don't make it back to retrieving next season, maybe I could give tracking a go :)

RS - Tassie mostly lays her own tracks for her own kids. I think the first time Rory tracked anybody else was at his track 1. I was training both of mine but found it a little tricky as they both tracked differently and I was finding it hard enough to get my head around 1 dog never mind 2.

Having 2 though means you can always go and set one track for dog 1, then go off and lay a track for dog 2 and then come back and run dog 1 on their track then dog 2 on their track :thumbsup:.

Edited by ness