Western Australian Thread

Lab_Rat

For the dinner thing OzJen was trying to organise for Wednesday night, another option for dinner is Checkers restaurant (buffet) at the Cannington Greyhounds. Drove past tonight and it is $27 on a Wed night for their buffet. Their food sounds really really yummy :thumbsup:

Menu and info:

http://www.greyhoundswa.com.au/Portals/0/d...day%20print.pdf

Just a suggestion!

Sounds good to me!!

For the dinner thing OzJen was trying to organise for Wednesday night, another option for dinner is Checkers restaurant (buffet) at the Cannington Greyhounds. Drove past tonight and it is $27 on a Wed night for their buffet. Their food sounds really really yummy :thumbsup:

Menu and info:

Just a suggestion!

Sounds good to me!!

Sounds good to me too, so anyone interested in going we will need definaite numbers so that we can book a table. Mirrawee I know you won't know till Tuesday but don't think one person will be an issue if we book for you and you can't make it.

Rubystar do you know what time they start serving or wether we have to pay gate entry on top of the meal? Might check with some other doggie friends and see if they want to join us.

I just watched videos on YouTube of Trick (Trix?) the black Lab 3rd run in retrieving. Awesome :thumbsup: Still makes me want to do retrieving :laugh: Love the idea of the new title you were talking about Valley (what was the title actually called again?) but realistically, with only 4 training days, it seems almost impossible for a newbie to get into the sport. Wouldn't have a clue how to train the in between bits!

Valley, do you have somewhere where you can practice? If we lived closer together we could meet up to train.

Rubystar, if you are interested in the Retrieving Club's training days, give their secretary a call for the times. It should be in the Canine News, or else phone DogsWest for the contact number. The first training day I have heard, is going to be May 8th, so as not to clash with Mothers Day on the 9th. These training days are really to answer any questions new people might have about the sport, and, to let them have a go at a retrieve as close as possible to how it may be in a trial, but without the distance. Newbies can opt for their own favourite dummy for their dog to retrieve, and also, there is the opportunity for the dog to hear gunshot, whether it be from afar or up close (your choice). The main problem we seem to encounter with novice dogs/handlers to the sport is lack of obedience, which is really a necessity, as the excitement of the whole retrieving thing, takes hold of youngsters and if you haven't got that obedience instilled into your dog, then it can be a trying time. At the training day, you can keep your dog on a lead if required, and there will be more experienced people to help and advise. I have given ValleyCBR a DVD which goes over basics in training, maybe she will loan it to you too. It might help a bit.

Kyzer had one of those - I think it lasted one day before it was killed! I wasn't very impressed! He hasn't killed any of his canvas ones yet though :thumbsup:

It's for fetching in the river so should last longer than one day :laugh: .

Menu and info:

Just a suggestion!

Sounds good to me!!

Sounds good to me too, so anyone interested in going we will need definaite numbers so that we can book a table. Mirrawee I know you won't know till Tuesday but don't think one person will be an issue if we book for you and you can't make it.

Rubystar do you know what time they start serving or wether we have to pay gate entry on top of the meal? Might check with some other doggie friends and see if they want to join us.

I'm not sure, I don't believe you have to pay a gate entry fee but I will see if I can find out. Opens 6pm til 11pm. We can get there around 7pm like you originally said I think?

As OzJen said, we need definite numbers because we have to book at this place. Can you please advise by Tuesday arvo around 3pm if you intend on coming so that I or OzJen can ring up and book? Just add your name to the list:

1. OzJen

2. RubyStar

3. Amypie

4. Mirawee (maybe?)

I just watched videos on YouTube of Trick (Trix?) the black Lab 3rd run in retrieving. Awesome :thumbsup: Still makes me want to do retrieving :cry: Love the idea of the new title you were talking about Valley (what was the title actually called again?) but realistically, with only 4 training days, it seems almost impossible for a newbie to get into the sport. Wouldn't have a clue how to train the in between bits!

Valley, do you have somewhere where you can practice? If we lived closer together we could meet up to train.

Rubystar, if you are interested in the Retrieving Club's training days, give their secretary a call for the times. It should be in the Canine News, or else phone DogsWest for the contact number. The first training day I have heard, is going to be May 8th, so as not to clash with Mothers Day on the 9th. These training days are really to answer any questions new people might have about the sport, and, to let them have a go at a retrieve as close as possible to how it may be in a trial, but without the distance. Newbies can opt for their own favourite dummy for their dog to retrieve, and also, there is the opportunity for the dog to hear gunshot, whether it be from afar or up close (your choice). The main problem we seem to encounter with novice dogs/handlers to the sport is lack of obedience, which is really a necessity, as the excitement of the whole retrieving thing, takes hold of youngsters and if you haven't got that obedience instilled into your dog, then it can be a trying time. At the training day, you can keep your dog on a lead if required, and there will be more experienced people to help and advise. I have given ValleyCBR a DVD which goes over basics in training, maybe she will loan it to you too. It might help a bit.

I would like to go to the retrieving day, my young dog is a bit iffy in his obedience, he has his good days and bad, some days he is brilliant off-lead, other days he is shocking!

As OzJen said, we need definite numbers because we have to book at this place. Can you please advise by Tuesday arvo around 3pm if you intend on coming so that I or OzJen can ring up and book? Just add your name to the list:

1. OzJen

2. RubyStar

3. Amypie

4. Mirawee (maybe?)

5.ValleyCBR :thumbsup:

What is the dress code?

Happy Birthday Banjo and Lilly!

Kyzer had one of those - I think it lasted one day before it was killed! I wasn't very impressed! He hasn't killed any of his canvas ones yet though :thumbsup:

I bought my two one of those each after they wouldn't stop playing with Mason's. They love them! They are what got Millie to finally swim :cry: