Western Australian Thread

Lab_Rat

argh, finally remembered my log in so i could get in here on my dad's computer!

Rubystar - you have got to be joking. i can't scribe at the nationals. i am yet to attend to watch a competition. argh. i was so relieved to have been an 'extra'. when did you get the email? i was home this morning and had nothing. i won't be able to check until tomorrow afternoon. what time do we have to be there in the morning?

i was even going to see if they still needed me as they seemed to have so many when we were there last week. now i am worried!!

amypie - it is like a mini holiday. Being spoilt and so are the kids :-) . Bit far to get to the grounds on friday morning so early though! eek.

not happy now. :-( happy to help, but not be stressed LOL

It's all good RFT, I replied to the email saying I am not comfortable being scribe and he said that we can trade on the day, our names against jobs was just a marker to see what people he had, not set in stone :eek:

Email came tonight, and we need to be there in the mornings at 7.30 :thumbsup::laugh::laugh: And 12pm for afternoon "shifts" :D

Just got an email about stewarding Nationals, there goes my Saturday sleepin! I'm down for Sat morning when I noted Sat arvo. Oh well. But I am dead scared about being scribe, I thought they said only those who had done it before were going to be scribe :)

Rubystar - I am telling you now my number for Saturday morning is 1178 my time is 34 seconds and he did go clear - got it :laugh::eek:

You forgot to tell her how much the bribe is, Ptolomy :thumbsup:
You forgot to tell her how much the bribe is, Ptolomy :laugh:

BRIBE - what Bribe???? - I know nothing about a blue plastic drum.........

:D :( Which dog? :)

Hey you never know, this could be for the Novice ring, so perhaps it's Amy and VCBR who need to be doing the bribing! :)

Chances are I'm not scribe anymore cos I don't really feel like pooping my pants in that job.

Scribing really isn't that scary RS.

I'm sorry, are you West Australian? No? Then your scribing opinion isn't valid here :laugh:

Kidding :o I would prefer not to scribe, I have the attention span of a flea so I am likely to tune out and miss the judges signals!! It's too full on a job for me I'm afraid :laugh:

Guest belgian.blue

I'm seeking a great vet to start taking Badger to for his puppy vacc, though if possible, one that likes the idea of three yearly vacc after the booster. He's due again for his 12 week late May so I have a few weeks to find a good clinic.

I'm located in Vic Park and willing to travel about 3O/4Okms, preferrably not NOR.

Thanks for your help Perthies :laugh:

For your Tuesday back to work puppy hit ..

Badger-April24th042.jpg

I'm sorry, are you West Australian? No? Then your scribing opinion isn't valid here :rofl:

I agree with Ness ;) I have actually only ever scribed when helping out I think :) And then you had the days when you got to scribe and backup time!

I am not sure about going out to dinner tomorrow. I could leave work early but just don't know if I have enough time to get everything ready for Thursday if I go out to training tonight then have to rush out tomorrow as well :mad

I'm sorry, are you West Australian? No? Then your scribing opinion isn't valid here :rofl:

I agree with Ness ;) I have actually only ever scribed when helping out I think :) And then you had the days when you got to scribe and backup time!

:mad It's scary when you haven't done it! I'm sure it's fine once you've done it once (or twice) :mad

I'm seeking a great vet to start taking Badger to for his puppy vacc, though if possible, one that likes the idea of three yearly vacc after the booster. He's due again for his 12 week late May so I have a few weeks to find a good clinic.

I'm located in Vic Park and willing to travel about 3O/4Okms, preferrably not NOR.

Thanks for your help Perthies :)

For your Tuesday back to work puppy hit ..

Awwww! So cute! I have a soft spot for anything pointer! We're in East Vic Park, Maybe we can meet up for puppy cuddles and badger can play with Leila? (You can tell me to bugger off - I have a nasty habit of weaseling in for puppy cuddles ;))

We have only taken Leila to Vic Park Vet (on albany hwy) and have found Julian to be good but we have only used the vet for baby vaccinations and when she was desexed. I did the rounds of all the vets in the area - Willeton, Belmont, Vic Park/Lathlain, South Perth and decided on the closest one. They were also the only vet who could explain why they chose to use the vaccines that they did and were happy to explain what the differences were. This was prior to me knowing about 3 yearly vaccines though. Leila is booked in for her booster in 2 weeks so I might ask some more questions then.

Although we did do puppy preschool at Belmont Vet because the day suited.

I wasnt impressed with All Creatures Great and Small - the response I got about the vaccines was less than satisfactory for my scientist mind, we have also has some to so good experiences with some of our other animals there. I didnt visit Mill Point Vet but have heard some good things from before they moved to the new (and much larger premises).

Edited by CareyJ

I'm sorry, are you West Australian? No? Then your scribing opinion isn't valid here :love:

I agree with Ness :mad I have actually only ever scribed when helping out I think :laugh: And then you had the days when you got to scribe and backup time!

I am not sure about going out to dinner tomorrow. I could leave work early but just don't know if I have enough time to get everything ready for Thursday if I go out to training tonight then have to rush out tomorrow as well :)

Aaaww, we'll miss you. Don't forget to bring your cabana to training if you want me to set it up on Wednesday. Still not sure how I'll go handling all the cabanas at the moment but I'm sure if I look tragic enough someone will help me. :laugh: Might even see if my son is working tomorrow and if not try to con him into helping me.

Can someone who knows about the Nationals ( this weekend? I believe) tell me if anyone will be there about 3.30pm Sunday 2nd May or what will be happening ? I will be up the road at an Animal Protection day with my dogs and would love to drop in and see some action.

Thanks in advance.

:mad

Edited by Wazzat Xolo

Aaaww, we'll miss you. Don't forget to bring your cabana to training if you want me to set it up on Wednesday. Still not sure how I'll go handling all the cabanas at the moment but I'm sure if I look tragic enough someone will help me. :mad Might even see if my son is working tomorrow and if not try to con him into helping me.

I will be there on Wednesday, what time do you need me to come help?

Can someone who knows about the Nationals ( this weekend? I believe) tell me if anyone will be there about 3.30pm Sunday 2nd May or what will be happening ? I will be up the road at an Animal Protection day with my dogs and would love to drop in and see some action.

Thanks in advance.

:mad

The jumping finals will be one that afternoon, judging starting not before 1pm, don't know if it will still be going at 3.30pm though?

PM: (Judging commences - not before 1 pm)

Jumping – Novice – Final – Mrs Cheryl Bedggood - WA

Jumping – Excellent – Final – Mrs Sue Dwyer - ACT

Jumping – Open – Final ­– Mr Reg Dwyer - ACT)

Jumping – Masters – Final – Mr Richard Barville - WA

ETA: there will be a max of 36 dogs in each final so it may take that long, not sure.

Edited by amypie

Retrieving Training Day

Training day on Sunday 9th May starting at 8am. It will be held at Upper Swan. You go north up Great Northern Hwy over the Upper Swan Bridge and cross the railway line. Then you turn right into Glen Rd and right again into Hallett Gardens. There is a carpark at the end. We will go in groups to practise till about 11.30, then have a sausage sizzle and drinks and socialize. It only costs $10 for the training and the lunch.