Western Australian Thread

Lab_Rat

Nope I don't believe so. Ruby is Limited Register, means she has all the stuff behind her a Mains Registered dog has, she is just not deemed show quality so I can't show or breed with her (mighty fine by me :rofl:) Associate dogs are those who do not have pedigree papers, regardless of unofficial purebred or crossbred status. If you register an Associate dog first and then get a pedigree, you can upgrade your membership to ordinary not associate. But because I had the pedigree dog before the associate, I believe my membership is already ordinary, same as those who have a Mains Registered dog :laugh:

"just doing dog sports" watch it VCBR :laugh::rofl: :rofl: :mad

I was an Associate member with just Toby but I had to upgrade when I got Lincoln (I wasn't allowed before I got him).

Gosh I think people who doing showing and dog sports are toeing a very thin line. :laugh:

Doesn't matter what you're going to do with the dog really, and some people change their mind about showing down the track.

The only thing with this is if your dog is on the Limited Register, you need your breeder to upgrade your dog to Main Registered if you want to show if you both think the dog is good enough.

Yep indeed, I just think of mains because both my dogs have main reg, despite them both being munted :laugh:

:rofl: Did you ever plan on showing? Might be different in your breeds but it's pretty rare for a breeder to let a pet dog go on Mains unless they had plans for the showring.

Kyzer's breeder puts them all out on Mains regardless of muntedness, and Trixie's breeder kept her on main to leave our options open regarding showing and / or having a litter but showing is definitely not going to happen and I daresay having a litter isn't either!

In rare breeds they sometimes do it in the hope they can change the owners minds and talk them into showing. :laugh:

But it doesn't do the breed (nor breeder) any justice if the dog's conformation is crap (for want of a better word :rofl:) and they parade around the show ring just to get the breed "out there". That's why I thought some breeders were careful about what register they are placed on. Eh I dunno, I'm not a show person, nor a breeder :rofl: If my next puppy is show quality, I will be madly looking around for someone to take my puppy into the showring for me. Doesn't much interest me :mad

Edited by RubyStar

Kyzer's breeder puts them all out on Mains regardless of muntedness, and Trixie's breeder kept her on main to leave our options open regarding showing and / or having a litter but showing is definitely not going to happen and I daresay having a litter isn't either!

What's "munted" about Kyzer?? :rofl: Go on, start showing Trixie :laugh:

In rare breeds they sometimes do it in the hope they can change the owners minds and talk them into showing. :laugh:

But it doesn't do the breed (nor breeder) any justice if the dog's conformation is crap (for want of a better word :rofl:) and they parade around the show ring just to get the breed "out there". That's why I thought some breeders were careful about what register they are placed on. Eh I dunno, I'm not a show person, nor a breeder :rofl: If my next puppy is show quality, I will be madly looking around for someone to take my puppy into the showring for me. Doesn't much interest me :laugh:

Thats true but sometimes the confirmation is good but there is just nobody looking for a dog to show. If you look at the Chessie page you will see out of the 9 pups from Lincolns litter him and 4 bitches are in the ring, he also had a brother that was show quality but went into a hunting home as there was a lack of show homes.

I would offer to help out with your Aussie but because Lincoln is first up in the ring we would have clashes. :mad

You can just buy the Canine News :laugh: Either subscription or just a single magazine.

VCBR and Ozjen, what time are you planning on going to Canine? I am thinking of leaving work around 1.30pm and going up to Canine since I didn't drop my cabana off last night. Means I should be there sometime between 3 and 3.30 :rofl:

Heading down for around 3, you don't have to come down , was planning on saving a spot for your cabana anyway, already have the tarp and pegs in the car. VCBR you don't have to drive all that way either as I have your cabana and will set it up and grab everyones numbers and stuff. Hope your feeling better today Mirrawee. :rofl:

Heading down for around 3, you don't have to come down , was planning on saving a spot for your cabana anyway, already have the tarp and pegs in the car. VCBR you don't have to drive all that way either as I have your cabana and will set it up and grab everyones numbers and stuff. Hope your feeling better today Mirrawee. ;)

OK I will go straight home then. Was nearly not going to go to work today but knew it was a patient that needed two people this morning. Am better than last night but will have another early night today... particularly as I just realised I have to leave home at 6.30am tomorrow!

Can you post on here which side of the arenas you have set up please :)

Edited by mirawee

You can just buy the Canine News ;) Either subscription or just a single magazine.

VCBR and Ozjen, what time are you planning on going to Canine? I am thinking of leaving work around 1.30pm and going up to Canine since I didn't drop my cabana off last night. Means I should be there sometime between 3 and 3.30 :)

Heading down for around 3, you don't have to come down , was planning on saving a spot for your cabana anyway, already have the tarp and pegs in the car. VCBR you don't have to drive all that way either as I have your cabana and will set it up and grab everyones numbers and stuff. Hope your feeling better today Mirrawee. :happydance:

Are you sure? I am heading down that way for dinner so it's not realy 'driving all the way'.

Are you sure? I am heading down that way for dinner so it's not realy 'driving all the way'.

Mmmm dinner :) I haven't eaten my lunch yet, maybe I shouldn't and just save myself. I will be the pig at the buffet on her 5th helping ;)

You can just buy the Canine News ;) Either subscription or just a single magazine.

VCBR and Ozjen, what time are you planning on going to Canine? I am thinking of leaving work around 1.30pm and going up to Canine since I didn't drop my cabana off last night. Means I should be there sometime between 3 and 3.30 :)

Heading down for around 3, you don't have to come down , was planning on saving a spot for your cabana anyway, already have the tarp and pegs in the car. VCBR you don't have to drive all that way either as I have your cabana and will set it up and grab everyones numbers and stuff. Hope your feeling better today Mirrawee. :happydance:

Yep will be fine. Dinner's not till 7, so I'm sure we all have lots to do before then. Are you staying over tonight? :cooldance:

You can just buy the Canine News :) Either subscription or just a single magazine.

VCBR and Ozjen, what time are you planning on going to Canine? I am thinking of leaving work around 1.30pm and going up to Canine since I didn't drop my cabana off last night. Means I should be there sometime between 3 and 3.30 :happydance:

Heading down for around 3, you don't have to come down , was planning on saving a spot for your cabana anyway, already have the tarp and pegs in the car. VCBR you don't have to drive all that way either as I have your cabana and will set it up and grab everyones numbers and stuff. Hope your feeling better today Mirrawee. :cooldance:

Yep will be fine. Dinner's not till 7, so I'm sure we all have lots to do before then. Are you staying over tonight? :banghead:

No I won't be staying over because my mum is scared she will get lost delivering the dogs and I don't want to sepearet the three of them. ;) What is everyone wearing tonight, like is it casual (jeans) or do I have to wear a dress/pants?

Ozjen I will get there super early tomorow to help put the Gazebos up, as I am sure Amypie will too, you will be allowed to just lay out the frames for the space right?

Casual dress tonight VCBR. Jeans and a top will be fine. (well that's me anyway!)

I've just had a very long prestart meeting and am finally getting to eat some lunch - rye bread with cream cheese, smoked salmon and avacado :) It wouldn't matter what it was really, I'm so hungry I could eat a horse and chase the rider! ;)

What's "munted" about Kyzer?? :) Go on, start showing Trixie ;)

His ears aren't erect, he is too heavily marked, his back feet aren't really the right shape and he would probably bite the judge :banghead::happydance:

No I'm not showing Trixie, she's too jittery and I don't think she's good enough, her ears were so perfect :cheer: and then they broke, and her backside has too much tan (unlike mine :cooldance: )

Edited by amypie

Doing our 1 pre start meeting for our house was bad enough.... I can't imagine having to do them every day as my job!

I'll be wearing my work clothes ;)

Funnily enough, prestarts are my absolute favourite part of the job!!! I guess it's just a lot less stressful from my side :)