Western Australian Thread

Lab_Rat

A good bonus about being a CAWA member apart from the canine news is you get 10% off at Better Pets and Gardens :) .

Do you??? Since when?? And is that at any BP&G??

Hope you guys have a great night at Checkers.....

Can anyone tell me - is there an Agility weekend at Bunbury next weekend (Mothers Day weekend)? If so, anyone going??

Rat

There is Lab Rat its according to Sandra

Agility Trial in Bunbury on Sunday 9th May

She is desperate for helpers as well.

:)

I have found out from a few people with other breeds that a lot of their dogs are on the main register, it seems a bit different with labs. Anywho I am happy with limited, Mason is missing 2 vital parts now anyway :)

My only real reference is Labs and the impression I got with Aussies, too. I guess with the less popular breeds they mainly go out on Mains?

I think both breeders of mine aren't too bothered about them being on Main because they're not really of interest to BYBers or puppy farmers, whereas Labs probably are.

Yes Labs are big BYB dogs BUT not being on mains registration is not going to stop BYB's!! :)

Hmmmm........better start reading the mag just a little more betterer!

Thanks guys :)

Rat

Any Pet store in Bunbury anyway will give you a discount Pet Stock do and the other S West Pets will with their member card,

You wanna show my dogs Lab Rat ?? I am looking for a show savvy to show them >?? :)

Pleeeeeaaaaaase!!

Should be any BP&G Lab Rat, I do believe you get 10% off at City Farmers stores also if you show them your membership card and join their backyard rewards program.

I tried to get that with City Farmers last year with my membership and the guy said they don't do it anymore. So they lost my business, took it to BP&G where they DO offer it. Now I see in the new copy of the Canine News its "back" (no idea if it actually went or not or if this guy was just telling me porkies) :) I'll stick with BP&G for most of my purchases :)

A good bonus about being a CAWA member apart from the canine news is you get 10% off at Better Pets and Gardens :cry: .

Do you??? Since when?? And is that at any BP&G??

Rat

It has been advertised in the mag for ages :)

I would say the last 2 plus years

The bonus of the discount with BP&G is that they add it to your membership so you automatically get the discount when you quote your membership, no need to flash your DogsWest membership card. With City Farmers, you need to show your DogsWest membership with each purchase. I don't even carry my card with me :)

Hmmmm........better start reading the mag just a little more betterer!

Thanks guys ;)

Rat

Any Pet store in Bunbury anyway will give you a discount Pet Stock do and the other S West Pets will with their member card,

You wanna show my dogs Lab Rat ?? I am looking for a show savvy to show them >?? ;)

Pleeeeeaaaaaase!!

Sh!t woman :p I think you need someone with a little more experience to show your beautiful pair and do them justice :eek::laugh: ....I have done maybe a dozen shows!! I feel nervous just having read your post!!

You going to the agility weekend WX?? I may go in Saturday, but got a big Mums day Sunday.

What does Sandra need help with? I may be of some use, but given I have no experience with agility other than "Wow - that looks like fun, I may try that,.....one day", dont know if theyll have me!

I hope I get my k9 mag tomorrow before I go away for my "Girls Weekend away at Molloy Island" :laugh: :laugh:

Rat

I just had a look at the dogs west website and I have no idea what membership I need, they dont just have Associate or full on there they have loads of other stuff. Also if my hubby wants to take Mason in the tracking trial does he need to be a member too ??

Edited by Masons_mom

I just had a look at the dogs west website and I have no idea what membership I need, they dont just have Associate or full on there they have loads of other stuff. Also if my hubby wants to take Mason in the tracking trial does he need to be a member too ??

Use this form to join and to fill in Mason's registration details: http://www.dogswest.com/Pdfs/Applications/...Application.pdf

This should give you an Ordinary membership, not Associate.

Your hubby will also need to be a member if he wishes to trial him, and if Mason is registered in both your names, the form says this:

"If the dog is jointly owned, (Mr & Mrs) then a double membership must be applied for". So you guys would need an Ordinary Double membership at a guess.

Edited by RubyStar

Use this form to join and to fill in Mason's registration details: http://www.dogswest.com/Pdfs/Applications/...Application.pdf

Your hubby will also need to be a member if he wishes to trial him, and if Mason is registered in both your names, the form says this:

"If the dog is jointly owned, (Mr & Mrs) then a double membership must be applied for". So you guys would need an Ordinary Double membership at a guess.

Thanks RS, Mason is registered in my name so I dont know if we can apply for double membership? I will maybe ask them tomorrow if I come down.

Thanks RS, Mason is registered in my name so I dont know if we can apply for double membership? I will maybe ask them tomorrow if I come down.

Or you could shoot them an email and ask :eek:

Or you could shoot them an email and ask :laugh:

They probably won't reply to an email, it's best to call.

Huge thankyou to everyone who helped me get my car started so I could get home!

It looks different now :laugh: I don't think the pic loaded properly the first time because his legs looked all strange, not from the break, they look normal now, never mind me, too much sun :rofl: