Western Australian Thread

Lab_Rat

Jenna is so naughty! They look great ozjen! So talented.

I dropped Lincoln at the vet this morning as he has to get his nail pulled. ;) I hate leaving him there. Why did he have to injure his show side nail on Sunday!

Oh no, poor Lincoln!

How are Tobys allergies? Mason has been refered to Murdoch for allergy testing, I am eating plain bread and butter for the next 3 months its gonna cost a bomb...

They were bad for a week or so when his paw was red and itchy but I got ointment to help and had him on Polaramine for a few days and he is fine now.

I am lucky Tobys allergies are so minor! Lincoln's toe has cost me close to $1000!!!!!! Thank god he is insured! I think I have seperation anxiety from him ;)

He has been tearing around like an idiot even with his toe nail hanging half off so I think once I get him home the problem will be keeping him calm.

We were out your way today Mirawee looking at land :rofl:

You are lucky that the Polaramine works, it did nothing to help Mason, he is now trying Zyrtec, I cant say that I have seen an improvement he seems to not get any relief from antihistamines. Its going to cost me 2x what you paid for Lincolns toe and thats only 5 months worth of immunotherapy and testing.

I hope the immunotherapy works for Mason. I think the polaramine only works for Toby because it makes him too sleepy to scratch.

Lol I have put a shirt on Mason today, he seems much happier with it on, not scratching as much.

Jenna is so naughty! They look great ozjen! So talented.

I dropped Lincoln at the vet this morning as he has to get his nail pulled. ;) I hate leaving him there. Why did he have to injure his show side nail on Sunday!

Yep, wasn't impressed with her at all.

How did Lincon manage to damage his nail, was it a dewclaw? One of the girls from my first litter is always ripping claws or hurting her feet, from what her owner tells me. Poor Lincon hope he's all better soon.

The day we all went to piney lakes Lincoln did something and since then he keeps ripping the wound bigger and bigger until now the nail was basically falling out of the bed. We have been going to the vets but they kept telling me just to bandage it and that it will heal. It's his leftmost claw on his left fore (Lincoln has no dewclaws)

I hope the immunotherapy works for Mason. I think the polaramine only works for Toby because it makes him too sleepy to scratch.

Lol I have put a shirt on Mason today, he seems much happier with it on, not scratching as much.

Have you ever discussed with the vet wether you could bath him in Pinatarsel, I think that's the name of it, used on kids when they have chicken pox etc to reduce the itching. Was also used by a friend of mine when he was having trouble with his liver and it caused him to itch all over.

Another option might be colodial silver internally and externally provided he's not alergic to it.

I hope it's not a cotton shirt! ;)

I hope it's not a cotton shirt! ;)

I hope you didn't soak it in petrol ;)

I hope it's not a cotton shirt! :rofl:

I hope you didn't soak it in petrol ;)

:rofl: I WAS going to add that too, but wasn't sure most people would have understood why I said that :rofl:

Stop stealing my thoughts you ;)

Yeah I'd say that petrol comment has a few people scratching their heads ;) I just couldn't help it because I thought the petrol thing was so weird / funny

Edited by amypie

Just came across this http://z10.invisionfree.com/K9_Allergy_Support/index.php link and thought it might help, mas1981.

ETA: Thought it might offer you some moral support even if it doesn't have any quick fixes for Mason, as these people will understand the frustration you must be feeling. That's not to say we aren't willing to give moral support just that we might be making you more frustrated by suggesting things when you have already tried so much.

Edited by ozjen

Masons Mom for Toby I use Cortic DS 1% from the pharmacy when he is only itchy in one section (I.e this past week in his foot) it's non toxic but if ge ingested a large amount it would give him the runs so I cover the area lightly, it costs $10 for a 30g tube from the chemist.

My power was off all day :stupid: . I'm having DOL withdrawals :eat: .

Oh no, how was the stuff in your freezer? I believe you can make a claim if its spoilt, with Western Power. My machine at work was broken all my shift and I suspect a powercut last night might have contributed to it, hopefully the tec gets out today and fixes it. My parents were bragging today that they had a powercut last night but it wasn't a problem as Mums laptop was charged up , Dad's wasn't so they took it in turns to use mum's and also talked on Skypye to some family members travelling overseas. Nothing unusual there except Dad is 81 this year and Mum is only a couple of years behind him. :)

Mum mainly sticks to card games and jigsaw puzzles but Dad is quiet a wizz on the computer and I always call him when I need help.

Lucky it was a cold day, the food seems fine. The dogs freezer didn't have much in it and I just got out a bag of kangaroo tails and they were still frozen. This is the worst area I've lived in for power outs and it has underground power so go figure :stupid: .

Just came across this http://z10.invisionfree.com/K9_Allergy_Support/index.php link and thought it might help, mas1981.

ETA: Thought it might offer you some moral support even if it doesn't have any quick fixes for Mason, as these people will understand the frustration you must be feeling. That's not to say we aren't willing to give moral support just that we might be making you more frustrated by suggesting things when you have already tried so much.

Thanks Ozjen I am a member and they have been very helpful.

I am trying a shampoo with him at the moment and a cortisone cream, nothing seems to help, the antihistamines do nothing either. I think its contact but maybe I must try feed him something different like potato and roo for a few weeks to see what happens, I just dont see how I can bath him and 5 mins later he is itchy again.

Oh no, how was the stuff in your freezer? I believe you can make a claim if its spoilt, with Western Power.

I think it has to be off for longer than 8 hours, something like 12 or 14 to make a claim. I made a claim for mine from that big storm we had earlier in the year and I'm still yet to get it :stupid: