Western Australian Thread

Lab_Rat

I have heard Helena is very good. I am hoping to get some help as I am a newb handler and it is starting to show (especially since I am the first breed out all the time so dont get a chance to watch the way a judge wants the dogs moved around before I go in) . Plus it will help get the pup used to being undercover. :p

I have heard Helena is very good. I am hoping to get some help as I am a newb handler and it is starting to show (especially since I am the first breed out all the time so dont get a chance to watch the way a judge wants the dogs moved around before I go in) . Plus it will help get the pup used to being undercover. :p

i've been to her before and found her very helpful being a newbie myself. i am gonna try get out of tuesday nights so i can attend with my puppy she is hyper lol i got no finges left from stand training

Thats awesome you will be there RS I need someone to demonstrate the 100% correct position of the dog sitting on the left, I get confused how far forward he should be and how close.

Come down to the lower oval at 8pm and we'll do some training :p I'm there tonight too if you want to head down.

i've been to her before and found her very helpful being a newbie myself. i am gonna try get out of tuesday nights so i can attend with my puppy she is hyper lol i got no finges left from stand training

What breeds do you show?

Thats awesome you will be there RS I need someone to demonstrate the 100% correct position of the dog sitting on the left, I get confused how far forward he should be and how close.

Come down to the lower oval at 8pm and we'll do some training :p I'm there tonight too if you want to head down.

One evening a week is enough driving for me.

I will be at the lower oval at 8 to get some tips! Plus if you want I can be your judge in SFE practice.

Yes, and Ozjen better get herself organised too. Was about to ask if we were mean't to have any entries in. :eek:

ETA How did Diva go?

I need to look at show entries so will look at agility entries too... but June is pretty well a write off for me as Diva has shows on the 13th (her Newcomer debut with Joh Bailey as one of the judges :p ), team penning on the 19th, probably another show on the 20th, then possibly something the next weekend too!

Just looked though... CCC agility is the 4th July - if we enter Jenna do you think she will come into season? ;) I also won't get to training again tomorrow night :eek: Ric has asked us to go and access his puppies so we can help him decide which girl to keep. Wants it done asap so the others can go to their new homes this coming weekend. Of course he only rang and asked last night :laugh:

Oh and Diva did well yesterday, although not much competition was there! She also coped with frieght trains going past less than 50m away :eek: I think there were about 6 throughout the day!

One evening a week is enough driving for me.

I will be at the lower oval at 8 to get some tips! Plus if you want I can be your judge in SFE practice.

Yes please, I need all the SFE practice we can get (for both girls!) and I wouldn't mind you being a figure 8 post for Millie :laugh:

Helena

Has been excellent with all the info she has provided for my dogs and even did a 15 minute session with them on Saturday in her lunch break at the show, now thats excellent service. She is approachable and calls a spade a spade and is u[pfront an honest ( something I find few and far between in some of the Dog World circles!)

I have a video of her with Naca on sat on my You tube site

Hope to meet you all at her training soon.

:laugh:

Edited by Wazzat Xolo

I have heard Helena is very good. I am hoping to get some help as I am a newb handler and it is starting to show (especially since I am the first breed out all the time so dont get a chance to watch the way a judge wants the dogs moved around before I go in) . Plus it will help get the pup used to being undercover. :)

Helena

Has been excellent with all the info she has provided for my dogs and even did a 15 minute session with them on Saturday in her lunch break at the show, now thats excellent service. She is approachable and calls a spade a spade and is u[pfront an honest ( something I find few and far between in some of the Dog World circles!)

;)

i mght have to throw a sickie so i can come meet the equisite dogs that i don't think i will ever remember how to pronounce lol

I was off work last week so didn't find out until today that a lady I work with(she's dog crazy like me ;) ) - her Lab Hoover(he's a Burberry dog) won at the Gun Dog Show :) .

Rach - their is agility at Carine open space this sunday, I will be there all morning.

Hey MM what's the easiest way to get there from the Mitchell Freeway? Do you know where exactly they will hold the trial? I have a map but it looks huge! I don't want to get lost :)

Edited by amypie

I have heard Helena is very good. I am hoping to get some help as I am a newb handler and it is starting to show (especially since I am the first breed out all the time so dont get a chance to watch the way a judge wants the dogs moved around before I go in) . Plus it will help get the pup used to being undercover. :thumbsup:

Helena

:thumbsup:

i mght have to throw a sickie so i can come meet the equisite dogs that i don't think i will ever remember how to pronounce lol

No dont throw a sickie lol we will see you at a show, You dont work in perth do you / Just as we are up there this Friday for the Animal protection Day and shake a tin in the Hay and Murray St Malls, Rach from here is coming to handle her girl Taha daha ( they have this thing going lol) Taha loves Rach and she was the first person she really took too!

Let me know if you are in por around perth Friday 10 - 3 ish

Rach - their is agility at Carine open space this sunday, I will be there all morning.

Hey MM what's the easiest way to get there from the Mitchell Freeway? Do you know where exactly they will hold the trial? I have a map but it looks huge! I don't want to get lost :eat:

To be honest Amypie I have not come up the Mitchell to get there, but the easiest way for you to find where the trial is ( it will be on the soccer field where we train) is to park in the carpark on beach road, coming from Mitchell you will probably have to come off onto Reid and then turn right at Okely rd I think it is? then at the first lights go right and you will see the gap in the island to turn right across beach rd into the carpark, drive through the first carpark and you will see the road twists to the left ( there is also a clubhouse to your left) the trial will be on the right hand side soccer field ( I could be wrong and it could be on the left one but you will be able to see the rings when you drive in).

No unfrotunately i work a distance from perth :vomit: but i will definately look out for you at some shows. when is your first show> are you doing t he winter festival>>

i am entered in all shows from now to august in this show guide so hope t see you there :)

No unfrotunately i work a distance from perth :vomit: but i will definately look out for you at some shows. when is your first show> are you doing t he winter festival>>

i am entered in all shows from now to august in this show guide so hope t see you there :)

Emery 1st show is 3rd July then the Winer Festival the next one, poor bloody dog, at least he will be getting some experience I guess! Then he has three shows then the Brisbane Royal I entered him in, luckily have someone to show him there too! But best of all I will get to meet my guru who I have chatted to for 10 years, I got my first ever crested off, she is a great person and I am so excited I finally will get to meet her, she is in her seventies and its all her fault I have the Xolos!

One day she said Xoloxyz and I said "what" she repeated it and I said what a stupid name and researched the breed, became so fascinated by the history and so involved in lists on them that the inevitable was only a matter of time lol

Rach the showground is in Southern River ( backside of Canning Vale) down South St Nicholson Rd Wharton Rd end, I will have a chat to you Friday, I am sure we can organise something.