Western Australian Thread

Lab_Rat

Awww the poor gentleman :) at least he is doing the right thing.

Hope mason's ear heals soon.

When i got Zeus back him and Zephyr were both alphas and the brawls they had were terrible, thankfully if i spoke they stopped but it was asfer for oth to have one live witha friend now or i think i would of found one very injured when i wasn't home

Awww the poor gentleman :) at least he is doing the right thing.

When i got Zeus back him and Zephyr were both alphas and the brawls they had were terrible, thankfully if i spoke they stopped but it was asfer for oth to have one live witha friend now or i think i would of found one very injured when i wasn't home

What our vet did in 2005 was file their canines down and so if they fought they hardly hurt one another as it was not an option for us to re-home one, as much as they fought they also really love one another. Now at almost 11 they dont fight anymore at all. After the 2005 fight the leadership position moved from one dog to the other, the ' lower' ranking dog accepted her new leader and no more probs!

Awww the poor gentleman :rolleyes: at least he is doing the right thing.

What our vet did in 2005 was file their canines down and so if they fought they hardly hurt one another as it was not an option for us to re-home one, as much as they fought they also really love one another. Now at almost 11 they dont fight anymore at all. After the 2005 fight the leadership position moved from one dog to the other, the ' lower' ranking dog accepted her new leader and no more probs!

Unfortunately mine wouldn't stop fighting it was a daily occurence. hubby even seperated the yard and they still got to each other. now the hardest decision was rehome zeus who we just got back after he was stolen three years earlier or th replacement dog zephyr who was brought as a guard dog as hubby workdon the mines and i didn't get to choose him and i always compared him to zeus who i wasn't over. unfair yes i know :laugh:

a close friend was thinking of getting a rotti for a guard dog (yes i know all the debates about this lol) as she owns poodle rofl. i offered her z on a trial and it has all worked out excpet he is a chook killer but she does let the chicken roam free hmmmm and i still get to see him which is great. i would of made it work if this option didn't come available though

Rommi is at the vets as she injured her toe - again- two weeks ago, all was going well until I started to slowly increase her exercise. Took her back and she had some pain on manipulation of her knee! She definately had a swollen toe but it appears she may have damaged her knee as well. She is in for sedation and xrays of her foot and knee. Geez I hope it isn't her cruciate!! praying very hard here!

Oh poor Mason :) Can the vet not bandage it up to give it a chance to heal?

Crap, hope Rommi is ok OSoSwift :(

Saw the most hilarious sight this morning that only dog people would understand! A woman was dropping her partner off to work and they had a big dog in the backseat. As he closes the door, he's not waving his partner goodbye, but waving to the dog! As they drove off, he's still waving like this big idiot, and the dog is looking out through the back window all sad looking like he is being driven away from his one and only love and will never see him again :D I had to smile, it was so funny! Reminded me of when I am on the rare occasion picked up from the train station and the girls are in the car, they see me as I walk up and their expression changes to pure joy and I'm waving to them like an idiot :(

awwww :) Reminds me of what I would see most mornings when leaving for work back in Scotland. OH would often work at home, and as I walked down the driveway my cocker would come out to wave me off - he'd just wait at the top of the drive and watch me go - it almost broke my heart everytime :D None of the other 3 dogs would be arsed to come outside and say goodbye :laugh::(

P10-06-09_0817.jpg

And woo hoo - Louis didn't vomit either on the way too, or on the way back from K9 last night :rolleyes:

Rommi is at the vets as she injured her toe - again- two weeks ago, all was going well until I started to slowly increase her exercise. Took her back and she had some pain on manipulation of her knee! She definately had a swollen toe but it appears she may have damaged her knee as well. She is in for sedation and xrays of her foot and knee. Geez I hope it isn't her cruciate!! praying very hard here!

Oh no i hope and will keep fingers crossed it isn't anything serious

Hope Rommi is ok :rolleyes:

CC - loooove your property back in Scotland! How cute is your Cocker :D you goodbye :(

I give mine a Kong as I leave in the morning, and they don't even look up from it as I close the door behind me on my way out :laugh:

It looks like something off 'Escape to the Country' :laugh: They always have conservatories.

Beautiful!

Fingers crossed for Rommi, RnL. :rolleyes:

Gawd you're such a granny, Amy, spending your Friday nights watching BH&G then Escape to the Country..... bet you're all rugged up in your jammies, too?

Wait, so am I.....

I think we need to head out one Friday night yeah? :( :D

I only watch EttC because it's on around 60 Minute Makeover which I cringe through watching their dodgy painting skills :rolleyes: We always joke that if we saw the 60 Minute Makeover crew heading towards our house we would lock the doors and pretend no one was home :laugh: I do love all the houses on EttC though, they have so much history, our houses are so young and boring!

What an amazing house and property - I am quite suprised you moved from that to living in Perth I think I might have to swap you, lots of land, but no snakes!

No snakes (well none to really worry about, but a friends dog did get bitten by an adder, the UKs only venomous snake), but also no real sun, and you have to deal with this :rolleyes:

P07-01-10_0848.jpg

IMG_5919.jpg

Amy, I'm gonna send the BH&G craft lady round to your house to make you coke bottle curtains :rolleyes:

CC - I would happily deal with the snow and little sun to live in that glorious countryside :laugh: And I bet they have no stupid dog limit laws either - heaven!!!

I'm trying to talk my parents into moving to the countryside somewhere in the UK - mum is absolutely in love with it and she is addicted to EttC. If I can convince them to move (which they can, Dad was born in England), then I would do the big move, too :laugh: I need an adventure in my life, but wouldn't do it on my own. They keep saying they want to move to Tassie, and now the latest is Pinjarra :rolleyes: