Western Australian Thread

Lab_Rat

RS i am lucky that i have a retrieving partner so close mason loves it and has come along so well :)

Yeah, thanks for rubbing it in!! :(

Well remember how spazz Mason was at holding????? He had a lot of work to do! His latest idea tho is to try carry 2 dummies at once which is a huge no so i have a new thing to work on now. Ruby is still ahead of him :)

Hope you're doing ok emery, been thinking of you and zeus today :cry::hug:

I love my little ones, but I am so getting a gundog again when we are back in the UK and settled permanently - I miss my spaniel....would love to have had him here to do agility and retrieving type stuff, there was nothing like that near where we lived in Scotland.

eta - nawwww not so slug like now then Mason :laugh:

Edited by CrazyCresties

Not for a few years RS, but neither of us feel this will be where we retire :laugh: I miss the seasons and lushness of the UK too much.

This is a slide show I did of Fargo when I re-homed him, he is a 'working type' cocker, so a very different head from the show ones - he was my baby boy :heart:

http://s189.photobucket.com/albums/z49/screamingswifts/Fargo/?albumview=slideshow

I love working cockers! Fargo is beautiful :love:

I watch "Escape to the Country" on TV and wish I had the guts to up and move to the UK! My dad is English so I can, but wouldn't do it on my own laugh.gif Would love a property out there where I can let my dogs run free in all that space!

Edited by RubyStar

sps we do it at the canine association on the back oval. You will need to be a member of the Southern River Obedience & Agility club but if you want to come down to watch I'm sure that will be ok. If you think you definitely want to join in, just become a member when you get there and then come down. We are the ones that train in the semi darkness because the light is a bit further away!!

Tiggy if you are a member of the club, it's not a big deal I believe, as long as you pay light money to one of the instructors of the classes running on the same night. RV, Ptolomy, and a few others train in the same area but not as part of a class,and as far as I am aware, the club was fine with this as long as we were members, and as long as we paid for the lights each time ($3)

Thanks ST, I will come down for a peek when i am home...were members of Northern Suburbs Obedience & Agility are we still welcome?? ;) i will hit you girls up when i am home.

RS I do plan on training retrieving at some stage but Lulu is a bit too young to start at your level just yet!!! will be handy though considering we are quite close in proximity :)

ST, consider yourself partnered ;) And we aren't too far ahead. Ruby may be 4 and a half years, but her dodo handler has no idea what she is doing! We can meet up soon though, I can throw some puppy bumpers for Lulu and you can throw some longer ones for Ruby (seeing as I don't have a thrower). I'm sure there is plenty we can help each other with without a thrower and with differing levels of current ability in the dogs :)

mirawee, think you should just go and get yourself a Gundog and be done with it. Afterall, they're the best group of dogs there is :p

i was told that lily was too old to start retrieving... and she is only 2yo ??? what do you guys think? - silly me for listening i think am going to start her training. I think she will love it!

No she can def do it i started mason just before his second bday :) i am also a member at northern suburbs - we are in class 4 ( when we go, which isnt often anymore- prefer to train on a monday with a friend)

with me working away at the moment we have been mabe 5 times this year :shhh: the week i am home i have them with me 24/7 and we go to the whiteman park dog park 2 a day..but i still feeel guilty :(

where are you doing your retriving training?

They have 4 lessons at the beginning of a season and then u have to train on your own, i train with a friend in Lansdale who has trained her 2 dogs for tracking, retrieving, obedience and the younger one for agility.

I had a bad experience at Whiteman and dont actually visit dog parks anymore, i just let mason play with dogs we know after he got bullied by a goldie we tried to give a home to.

RV are you entering states?? And what about you Mirawee?? Im entering then will see how we go the day of the trial lol...

They have 4 lessons at the beginning of a season and then u have to train on your own, i train with a friend in Lansdale who has trained her 2 dogs for tracking, retrieving, obedience and the younger one for agility.

I had a bad experience at Whiteman and dont actually visit dog parks anymore, i just let mason play with dogs we know after he got bullied by a goldie we tried to give a home to.

RV are you entering states?? And what about you Mirawee?? Im entering then will see how we go the day of the trial lol...

the best thing is when i go at 2ish there is no other dogs...we have the whole place to ourselves :thumbsup:

Thanks everyone was a hard evening my poor husband got stuck in traffic so didn't get to say goodbye per se. He is having a bad run lately. It was very hard but was the right thing to do poor boy could barely stand his elbows looked like they would pop out of their joints and when sitting his front end was all shaky :( the cancer had spread and he wasn't having as many good days as he was bad. The vet was a twat though asked what he is like and we replied honestly he isn't too impressed with vets and she is like we will muzzle him ahh NO give me and nae a second to lie him down and calm him down and he'll be fine. She was like i don't want to get bit, uh nah duh. she didn't give us time to lie him down did it whilst he was sitting so he fell into my lap, but at least they gave us time to sit with him and grieve, it was very peaceful and he looked so calm afterwards. Running forever free with his gs bf at the bridge. Til we meet again Zeus you'll forever be in all our hearts.

Thanks everyone was a hard evening my poor husband got stuck in traffic so didn't get to say goodbye per se. He is having a bad run lately. It was very hard but was the right thing to do poor boy could barely stand his elbows looked like they would pop out of their joints and when sitting his front end was all shaky :( the cancer had spread and he wasn't having as many good days as he was bad. The vet was a twat though asked what he is like and we replied honestly he isn't too impressed with vets and she is like we will muzzle him ahh NO give me and nae a second to lie him down and calm him down and he'll be fine. She was like i don't want to get bit, uh nah duh. she didn't give us time to lie him down did it whilst he was sitting so he fell into my lap, but at least they gave us time to sit with him and grieve, it was very peaceful and he looked so calm afterwards. Running forever free with his gs bf at the bridge. Til we meet again Zeus you'll forever be in all our hearts.

oh emery :cry: i am so sorry for your lost

RIP Zeus :rainbowbridge: