I Need To Enter Shows But Have No Motivation

Ashanali

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Recruit someone as your personal show secretary to keep track of when shows are on, when Closing Dates are to do your entries for you. Oh, the same person might also be (conned into) happy to be your dog washer also.

Oh... in an ideal world , sigh!

You just described me. :thumbsup:

I do entries for my boy plus 2 other peoples entries. I also help 1 of them wash their dogs lol.

My problem is if I don't enter the shows for them (they know about it because they sign the forms at least :laugh: )I won't have anything to show :)

Recruit someone as your personal show secretary to keep track of when shows are on, when Closing Dates are to do your entries for you. Oh, the same person might also be (conned into) happy to be your dog washer also.

Oh... in an ideal world , sigh!

You just described me. :thumbsup:

I do entries for my boy plus 2 other peoples entries. I also help 1 of them wash their dogs lol.

My problem is if I don't enter the shows for them (they know about it because they sign the forms at least :laugh: )I won't have anything to show :)

Oh Megz! You're a rare breed indeed and highly valuable.

Oh yeah another reason...

you are showing the ONLY solid pointer in Australia.... but thing is you actually need to show her :laugh:

There are more, but Alison shows even less than I do.

Kayo is OBESE at the moment. I'm talking proportions of which I have never seen on a Pointer before. She's the biggest pig I've ever had with food and even though she's eating half the amount the others are getting, she just keeps gaining the weight. She's a shocker :rofl:

If you do your entries, you can go and watch me fall over my pup and laugh yourself stupid

OR

BETTER STILL

I will do your entries on Entry Form Australia

AND

YOU CAN SHOW THE LITTLE TOAD FOR ME!!

How good is that?

I'm not showing a pointer though!!

And you can see MY new show shoes. Shiny as can be patent leather sneakers - sort of Dorothy shoes crossed with Doc Martens

I have a similar aversion to filling out entry forms - so many numbers & the embarrassment when the cataloguer rings you because they have picked up a mistake; can never find the envelopes or stamps. The only reason that I have managed to enter any shows at all is ozentries, which I can do on-line & after entering my dogs' details once & checking very carefully, I don't have to do it again. I pay by credit card & envelope & stamps are included in the price. I know that it costs a little more, but the time (and embarrassment) saved are worth it to me.

YOU CAN SHOW THE LITTLE TOAD FOR ME!!

That is almost incentive :)

Gundoglover - I would LOVE online entries. Very few shows here have them though. It is my dream that all shows are able to be entered online.

*any club people reading this, please take note - people love their internet for placing their entries!!!*

I love my breeder, they gave me a computer generated entry form with everything filled in. I just need to change the show name and entry fees and I'm set for a few months. Love it! Do you want a copy of one to fill in and save?

Just hit print!!

That's the easy part. Then there is the endless signing, writing of show details, stuffing envelopes, licking stamps, writing addresses on envelopes etc etc :xmassmile:

feeling motivated yet Ash? :xmashohoho: I know how you feel - I hate doing entries - it takes me hours to do just a few, UNLEss they are on Ozentries. The last roudn of shows I entered in sydney cause they were on ozentries LOL.