I Need To Enter Shows But Have No Motivation

Ashanali

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For the last couple of months I keep telling myself I need to enter shows. I have a cheque book right in front of me, the dog magazines next to me, I have entry forms on the computer I just need to print them, envelopes are to the right of me.

I honestly just can't get motivated to go through it all and put it together and send off entries.

I like shows, I like heading out with my dogs, it's just doing the entries that I hate.

So someone try and motivate me. I need a little :xmashohoho::xmassmile:

Isn't this the easy part...for me the hard part is all the packing of the car before the show (on my own) and then the setting up at the show (sometimes on my own, but mostly some nice other show person will help!) and then the unpacking it all when I get home, usually exhausted from the day or days away...oh yeah, if it is an overnight show, setting up the tent solo, not an easy feat!

So the filling in the entry forms & writing a cheque or 2 is for me the easy bit, only requires the lifting of a pen. :xmascheer:

:D I am like Stafford Love I still write ALL my entries by hand (as i am not up on the computer stuff)

Ashandali : Maybe it is the time of the year, I am all showed out ATM and need a little rest , then you come back all ready to go all over again !!!

But i am with Shelby unpacking is the pits !!!!

Could be worse your Hobby I mean :laugh:

Mandalay - I've been working hard in our business all year so have probably only been to about 10 shows all up in 2009. Last shows were in late August.

Shelbyville - I'm okay with packing the car/trailer and setting up at shows. Even happy to set up tents. However I do loathe the unpacking at the other end. :laugh:

Right! You've spent all this time talking about not wanting to print off your little entry forms and by now you could have printed off enough for the entire 2010 show schedule :eek:

:laugh: get moving

:D

Edited by Aziah

At least you have shows to enter.

Here in FNQ we have no shows between the end of October to the end of March.

That's 5 months without shows.

We have a young boy who did 4 shows as a baby & when he gets back in the ring he will be at the end of minor, so I wouldn't mind filling in entries.

This thread has got my creative mind going. Dog showing in 2100 maybe? Show schedule is announced with judges and location. Email show sec with microchip number to enter. Your microchip number is also linked to all the information that you put on entry forms. At the same time you are charged for the entries (make sure you have money available!).

Turn up with your dog at the show, as you enter the ring their microchip is scanned and that goes into computer that does a catalogue "live "of dogs that actually attend. How easy would that be? Then we could have it all linked for placings and awards.

If you do your entries, you can go and watch me fall over my pup and laugh yourself stupid

OR

BETTER STILL

I will do your entries on Entry Form Australia

AND

YOU CAN SHOW THE LITTLE TOAD FOR ME!!

How good is that?

I'm not showing a pointer though!!

'And you can see MY new show shoes. Shiny as can be patent leather sneakers - sort of Dorothy shoes crossed with Doc Martens'

OOOOOH! Those shoes sound SUPER!!!! I bought some patent black crocodile shoes, I had to go to shows just to wear them :cheer:

Edited by *Lolapalooza*

ASHANALI we can still remember our phone chats when we were trying to convince you into letting us have Hiro, and you were saying how you would like to have him Shown......................... WELL its one of the best things that we have ever done, and it was due to YOU, remember when it was all still very exciting, the first challenge points, the first Group, meeting and chatting with great people, ( forget the horrible chats ) so ......................................

GET YOUR BUTT INTO GEAR, FILL OUT THOSE ENTRIES AND ENJOY YOURSELF

um... ahh... guilt trip!

(that actually has had some affect :laugh: )

Good, the guilt trip worked a little, now for a different approach, YOU should do it for all of us who would love to show a Dog as well as you but cant, the vway you showed Hiro in Taree was worth buying tickets to see,

SO, you would be doing the DOG WORLD a huge favour by.................

FILLING OUT THOSE DAMN ENTERIES AND GET YOUR BUTT BACK INTO THE RING WHERE IT BELONGS

here's some icing for the cake, remember, even Junior Handlers need a HERO

• 5 months later...

So it's only taken a few months... but I went to a show today just to watched and ended up getting a quick run in the ring for a challenge line up. Then sitting around afterwards I was informed that entries for the Ekka close at the end of the week.

I have now put in my entries.

Now that I've entered the Ekka, I'm actually entering a few shows because the dogs (and I) need a warm up.

It took a while, but I've actually entered. Now I just need to motivation to go to the shows. :rofl:

I'm not bad at entering but I'm notorious for not showing up! :)

I'm with Gretel!! I've supported lots of dog clubs over the years, but I've also saved a lot of petrol money.....consequently my dog's titles are never achieved all that fast......no idea how to energise you Ash... :thumbsup:

I'm not bad at entering but I'm notorious for not showing up! :)

I'm with Gretel!! I've supported lots of dog clubs over the years, but I've also saved a lot of petrol money.....consequently my dog's titles are never achieved all that fast......no idea how to energise you Ash... :thumbsup:

read my latest post. :shrug: the OP was made back in November :laugh:

I'm sure you could train your OH or one of the kids to do them :thumbsup:

Oh yeah another reason...

you are showing the ONLY solid pointer in Australia.... but thing is you actually need to show her :cry:

:driving::driving: :D :D

What about this one?

4649802438_7040dce41c.jpg

:rolleyes:

Who is this BL? (I cant remember the rest of the pups from that litter)