New Years Eve

Dova

How many other tragics are spending New Years Eve at an obedience trial instead of doing the normal, :thumbsup:, party thing. I've just sent my entries off for the Gawler Obedience trial on the 31st & really hoping Pebbles passes this time :eek: & doesn't wander off sniffing all the interesting smells :).

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can I please get some information on this - as this is just the tragic kind of thing I'd be happy to do on New Years Eve. :laugh: Bit of a road trip but hey! :laugh:

It starts at 7pm vetting 6-6.30pm, there's jumping, games & obedience, entry is $8 + $2 for a catalogue & entries close tomorrow but if you post them tomorrow pretty sure they'll be accepted.

Lucky you guy's! I would love to have an OT to go to, as it is I shall probably be asleep before the new year comes in as I am no party animal and there are no shows here for New Years either.

Say Hi to all the lovely Gawler people, I used to train there many many years ago!

Bit too much of a road trip for me I am afraid, too hot down the middle at this time of year.

Annie

I wish we had an obedience trial here on NYE, I have no life so at least this way, I'd have something to do on NYE! :laugh: We had our last one on Friday night. Too early in the year to finish up I say and now I have to wait til Feb I think for the next one!

You guys who are complaining about trials being finished for the year etc should be glad you don't live in north QLD (and I'd guess that NT would be similar). Trials finish up in OCTOBER up there and don't start again until MARCH! :laugh: Here in SE QLD we have none in Dec and a very few in Jan but hey 2 months off is nice for a change! :laugh:

Edited by Seita

Is there camping facilities available there overnight?

There are not actual camping facilities however most people do stay overnight on the grounds. Tents and swags are a common sight. Not sure if they still do it but they used to do a Bbq breakfast.

It is a great fun night and more relaxed than most trials bringing out great work from some of the dogs.

:o A tragic yes, but it's not even an obedience trial - we're going to a conformation show on NY eve - strts at 7.00 pm/ Should be fun, though. :dancingelephant:

Yeah same here, confirmation show on NYE - odd way to celebrate it but oh well. A few friends are going so will be the social thing as well - a few wines will be shared! :shrug:

What's even worse is that not only am I spending NYE at an obedience trial but I entered Izzi in novice knowing that hell would freeze over before she would ever pass, she's a herder not an obed. trialer :(. At least people will get a laugh :) while Izzi wanders around sniffing & saying "yeah I'll be there in a minute, you go on without me" ah but I :rofl: her all the same :rofl:. Good luck at the show jinkispirit & Tassie hope you both have lots of brags to share next year :rofl:.

:rofl: A tragic yes, but it's not even an obedience trial - we're going to a conformation show on NY eve - strts at 7.00 pm/ Should be fun, though. :rofl:

Yeah same here, confirmation show on NYE - odd way to celebrate it but oh well. A few friends are going so will be the social thing as well - a few wines will be shared! :(

Hey you'll be having more fun than me! NYE at a dog show or trial would be a great way to spend it in my books! :) There's no obedience trials here on NYE but I think there is a conformation show - if Ruby's breeder is going to that, I may just tag along with her and spend NYE at the dog show not even competing!! Either that or sit at home :rofl: