Farkkkk! What's Wrong With People?!

ruthless

At the other end of my street there's a guy that owns a APBTxStaffy and a small scruffy. At least once a month they're out hooning around, running into other people's property and barking at their dogs. They're totally harmless and friendly, but I really worry about them getting hit by a car or attacked by another dog, so I round them up, pile them in my car and bring them home. It's not a big deal, but it's happening so often that last time I cracked the shits and ate the face off the lady that lives at the house. They never come looking for them even though they've been out running around the street for hours. I told her they're going to get killed and she smiled and said she doesn't know how they're getting out. You f***ING gate's open you moron!!!

Anyway, I was just coming home from my second walk and they ran passed me. I dropped Chopper and Angel home and went out in the car to look for them. No joy. A few minutes later they came running up my driveway. I went out the back, opened the gate, called them in and put them in one of the runs. They're both wearing tags so I called their owner. Get this ... he's at work, he knows they're out having a run, he's not too worried about them, they'll make their own way home! :eek::) :D

:xmascheer::thumbsup::thanks::laugh:

I told him there's no way I'm leaving them to running around the streets for the day. He can pick them up here on his way home. Don't get me wrong, he was very grateful, but seriously, where do people like that come from???!!! I won't be able to let my dogs out in the garden unsupervised now in case they fence fight :D

I don't want to ring the rangers cause I don't want the APBTx getting in any trouble. At the same time, I want him to start taking it seriously. How can I get through to him?

On a positive note, I've got two new photographic models to work with for the day :D

charge him a boarding fee.

:D What a great idea!

Tell the idiot this is your last chance to keep them locked up, next time call the ranger and let them deal with it.

What will happen the APBTx though? I don't want her to draw attention to her. It's not her fault her owner's a dickhead.

APBTX's owned by dickheads are the worst kind.

Any dog owned by a dickhead is the worst kind.

I would be giving him a warning and letting him know next time you will ring the ranger.

Why wait until it's too late and something does happen??

Not all dogs walk around snarling and growling all their life before they attack. Most appear to be normal happy dogs.

All we need is for that dog to be hit by a car or get hurt and some poor fool try to pick her up or help her and she snaps out of pain and we will have another "PITBULL ATTACK" headline.

I can see it now "Lady tries to help injured pitbull and it rips her face"

IF he has had his cross Temp Tested and it passed then nothing should happen to it and it should be treated like any other dog.

IF he hasn't had it Temp Tested and he is hiding the fact and registered it as a StaffyX, then he isn't doing anyone any favours, especially not the APBT or Staffy owners.

IF he has it registerd as a APBTX, then it is bound by restriction laws and he should be following them.

Obviously he just doesn't care and he should care before something happens to his dogs.

These people are idiots, even when the dogs do get into trouble get beaten up by other dogs and hit by cars etc, the penny still dosnt drop for them.

This is my neighbours reasoning: 'ahh they'll be right, the dogs can do what they like, they are back at dinner time'. And no amount of reason could seep into his thick numbskull that most likely they wouldnt be allright.

Well his staffy is dead now.

I even tried to explain to him that if his dog causes a car accident and the driver dies, he, not the dog, is the cause of that persons death.

It flew right through one ear and out the other with a trail of cobwebs attached.

Not all dogs walk around snarling and growling all their life before they attack. Most appear to be normal happy dogs.

All we need is for that dog to be hit by a car or get hurt and some poor fool try to pick her up or help her and she snaps out of pain and we will have another "PITBULL ATTACK" headline.

I can see it now "Lady tries to help injured pitbull and it rips her face"

Yep so true, my girl did that before she passed away. She bit my ex's face and he had to get like 10 stitches and some nasty scares to show for it. She would never have hurt a fly he just got to close.

Edited by Miss BeRidgierent

You've got more patience than me, I would have taken them to the pound already.

What if he decided not to bother bailing them out? I can't take them. I'd feel horrible.

I understand how you feel, you are a very sweet and kind person. :p

Buuuttt.... it would make him take notice if you took them to the pound every time.

If he keeps letting it happen then one day you wont be around and they will get hit by a car or something else could happen. :laugh:

Its a tough call, but it sounds like he is taking the piss atm.

I'd explain to him the risks he's taking letting an APBTx out, he may not really be aware. As for people being stupid, unfortunately there are all too many of them. Good on you for doing the right thing by the dogs though, at least theyve got one person who gives a bugger :laugh:

I would have taken them to the pound.

I had a simmilar situation before, the guy got the point after he had to bail his dogs twice from the pound. It hurt the pocket a bit so he stopped letting them out.

Agreed, lovely pittie cross girl roaming our streets (very puppy like so I'd guess twelve months old) no road sense at all, two trips to the pound and the hip pocket must've been hurt enough to learn to lock their gate properly.

Maybe he's never had to pay bail before on one/both of his dogs?

I'd probably tell him how much it would cost him if they got caught by the ranger (maybe add abit extra for good measure :confused: )

Good luck with the photo shoot! and owner......... I guess some people think owning a dog is letting them do what the like :rolleyes:

It's not just getting hit by a car that's an issue. Roaming dogs cause other neighbourhood dogs to bark, then there's crapping on people's lawns and in the street, they are also a menace to people who are doing the right thing and walking their dogs on lead, they can get into garbage bins, chase cyclists, the list is endless.

If they do go to the pound, what happens after that is not your problem and not your responsiblilty.