Mr Toby.

MrToby

Thought i would share a few pics of our little guy. Toby is a pure bred Chihuahua, and spoilt rotten. He has made himself quite at home, and already has all of us wrapped neatly around a few tiny claws. :laugh::(

The day we first met him. We actually went to look at a "little" girl. Which turned out to be not so little, but Toby stood out as very active and extremely playful. A trait to which he has added too now, and his little personality is starting to appear.

th_Toby4.jpg

th_Toby3-1.jpg

th_Toby2-1.jpg

He has become a real "water baby" now too. And his swimming lessons are going great. He now knows where the step is, and can just about get himself out of the pool. Which is an important thing to teach him having an in ground pool.

th_18122009040.jpg

th_24122009003.jpg

Luv's his Kong treat toy. And with his "Shelby" ted. Sleeps on him, or next to him...

th_15122009026.jpg

th_Applepieandtobypics037.jpg

th_Applepieandtobypics041.jpg

th_Toby7.jpg

th_Toby-1.jpg

He is awesome. There is myself, Connie and two kids here. So he gets all the attention he needs. We took him for a drive to Warwick over x mas, and he fell asleep no worries at all. So not a lot seems to upset him..

He has a few kitten like things he likes to do. Has to be touching someone when he goes to sleep, he luvs playing with little cat balls with bells in them, and he has a little prance/jump to him at times..... He knows his bed time, and he will sit at Connie's feet until she picks him up for his night time cuddles.

Toby is 11 weeks old now, and he weighs 850 grams.

Oh my goodness! That just makes me laugh! I'd probably lose him in my house :thumbsup:

It looks like you are having a ball with him!

I was thinking the same thing TerraNik .... compared to my 32kg GSP (who was 11kgs at 11 weeks :love: ), 850g is soooo teenie - heck my cat weighs 4.5kgs ....

He looks like a lovely little man and a lucky boy to have such a loving home .....

I think we all consider ourselves to be lucky to have him. He is my little shadow during the day, and then Mummies little boy once Connie gets home...The kids now spend more time playing with Toby then they do playing the Wii, so i not seeing an issue there.. :thumbsup::love:

I am not real use to super small dogs myself, having had a pure bred Staffy boy before. But my Mum had both a pure Chi, and a Chi cross Foxy, so it all came flooding back. Connie has always had Chihuahua's before Toby.

This was his first bath time...

th_Tobybathtime2.jpg

th_Tobybathtime4.jpg

th_Tobybathtime6.jpg

th_Tobybathtime7.jpg

th_Tobybathtime8.jpg

th_Tobybathtime12.jpg

th_Tobybathtime11.jpg

th_Tobybathtime10.jpg

I can not help but to think of "Lightening McQueen" with this pic... But you tell me...

Lightening..

carstonguemcqueenimage.jpg

Toby.... :rofl: ;)

Tobybathtime13.jpg

He is our little baby... Spoilt rotten , but he is loads of fun too...Hhe is around the 900 gram mark now..Look out, he will be huge soon... :angeldevil::laugh:

Few more of the little man...

With his first pig's ear. He gets stuck right into these now..

th_Toby11.jpg

th_Toby10.jpg

th_Toby5-1.jpg

Where he manages to plonk himself when i am lying on the floor.... :laugh: :laugh:

th_19122009047.jpg

He is just adorable. Can't wait to see more as he grows.

Me being a cautious type I'd be very careful that he doesn't get into the pool yard without your knowing. Also I wouldn't be bathing him too much, it can dry out the skin & coat. Just my 2cents worth.

He only has a bath once a week atm. He has jumped into the pool while the kids were in it, went under , came up and swam straight to the step he knows he can stand on. I do want to get him one of the pool escape ramps for him though just to be sure. He wanders around the pool area most days, but does not go near the edge unless someone is in it.

His training is going well..I have been secretly teaching him how to shake hands, which we had to show off about tonight. Sits, shakes hands, lays down now very well. Of course we have to make the treats super small, otherwise he loses interest very quickly as he gets full.. :o:)

He does look a little funny when he sits. He kind of "lounges" :laugh::rofl:

And now he is all played out...

02012010074.jpg

Thanks for his comments everyone. We are having great fun with the little guy, and his personality is growing each day...He does remind me a little of Gizmo out of the Gremlin's movie.

I have discovered one way to make him kind of melt away.. Just rubbing one of his ears makes him go off to la la land every time...

Little video of the boy.. He seems to sit before we ask him to now, so we try and get him to stand instead now. You will see his little lounge at the end... :hug::(

th_02012010009.jpg