Black German Shepherd

PRADA68

Yes german shepherds come in black... not to worry he is gorgeous and is a very relaxed dog he is rather special to me and our litle family.

Justice shades thanks for your lovely comment.

Beautiful!! I'm starting to think long coats are all laid back and lovely, everyone with a long coat says they are so calm and laid back! Mine sure is

He,s a lovely looking boy, I think the blacks are very hearty dogs. My girl Sophie is now over 12 yo and shes been thru a bit of illness in her time, but bounces back. Shes just started to become a bit weak in the back legs, something I am going to have to watch closely.

As a pup she was the only shepherd I have had that didn't chase cats and chooks. Wonderful with children, but a terrible guard dog and a very, very fussy eater.

Her coat still glistens today like black velvet. She really doesn't look her age as she has no greyness on her muzzle, not like my nearly 4yo!

Is your boy taller than the average height for a male, its something I heard once that the blacks can be taller? my girl is a bit taller than the standard height for a female.

Yes german shepherds come in black... not to worry he is gorgeous and is a very relaxed dog he is rather special to me and our litle family.

Justice shades thanks for your lovely comment.

Beautiful!! I'm starting to think long coats are all laid back and lovely, everyone with a long coat says they are so calm and laid back! Mine sure is

Longcoats are all of the above ShelleAndShyla I would never own any other variety of German Shepherd there is no comparison for me. 

He,s a lovely looking boy, I think the blacks are very hearty dogs. My girl Sophie is now over 12 yo and shes been thru a bit of illness in her time, but bounces back. Shes just started to become a bit weak in the back legs, something I am going to have to watch closely.

As a pup she was the only shepherd I have had that didn't chase cats and chooks. Wonderful with children, but a terrible guard dog and a very, very fussy eater.

Her coat still glistens today like black velvet. She really doesn't look her age as she has no greyness on her muzzle, not like my nearly 4yo!

Is your boy taller than the average height for a male, its something I heard once that the blacks can be taller? my girl is a bit taller than the standard height for a female.

No he is not a big dog at all but the colour black can be an optical illusion of making them look smaller. He is a big softie as well not a nasty bone in his body. You need to post some photos of your beautiful dogs.  I must measure him actually he was neutered very early in life and they say they can grow taller due to that but I have no problem with him being oversized at all in actual fact I would prefer it.   I would also say thank god that George is not a fussy eater which is much better for all.  Is your old girl a black shepherd? His coat has a lovely shine to it... hope to see some photos of your dogs soon. 

They sure are hard to beat... I was asked today if he was a belgian do you get this? Your boy is beautiful seen his sleeping positions in the shepherd thread George always sleeps on his back with his front legs up straight against the bed and the back legs wide open. Crabbing I think they call it. Oh so cute but it looks so uncomfortable.

They sure are hard to beat... I was asked today if he was a belgian do you get this? Your boy is beautiful seen his sleeping positions in the shepherd thread George always sleeps on his back with his front legs up straight against the bed and the back legs wide open. Crabbing I think they call it. Oh so cute but it looks so uncomfortable.

A few times I've been asked that or the other common one is he a wolf :eat: